• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MORE FOOTBALL WOOHOO

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is expected to expand the regular season schedule to 17 games this week.​

The schedule will go in effect for 2021. Once finalized, the game will be added at the end of the season, bumping the Super Bowl back to the second weekend in February. The 17-game season coincides with the league's new broadcasting agreements and has been in the works since the CBA was signed last March. The addition of a Week 18 is a win for the NFL but comes with drawbacks on both single-season records and player safety. Fantasy leagues are likely to move to a 14-week regular season.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has to play pro football, if you decide to go that route with your life you are accepting the risks, it's all on you.

17 games will work.
When will the NFLPA come out in full endorsement of this idea? With cap numbers going down, average salaries must be cut. This is a win for TV networks.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will the NFLPA come out in full endorsement of this idea? With cap numbers going down, average salaries must be cut. This is a win for TV networks.

Nobody in the NFL has to really worry about money, nobody having to try and make ends meet like you and I.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFLPA already endorsed this when they signed the most recent CBA. This was all part of the agreement and was basically locked into place a year ago.

Cap went down because of the pandemic. The cap is set to explode in the coming years with the new TV deal that basically is set to double TV revenue.

They just didn’t announce the expansion to the 17 game schedule because they still had to negotiate the new TV deals which were just finalized a week ago. It’s a win for TV yes. But it is a big win for the owners and players too.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only downside of this isn’t injuries. A single game isnt going to change that significantly.

It is historic stats. But in truth that isn’t a big deal anyway with the way the new rules and evolution of the game have already inflated those so much.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has to play pro football, if you decide to go that route with your life you are accepting the risks, it's all on you.

17 games will work.
Exactly, you can go build solar panels instead.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, you can go build solar panels instead.

The one that gets me......I have to think of my family...........while making far FAR more money than he was raised with.

I have no compassion at all for NFLers, if they don't like something, quit!

Get out in that real world working 40 hours a week taking BS from those you should be bossing around. All those rules, all that total crap that is the work world making a fraction of what NFLers make. Be thankful you are in the NFL and be cool.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is expected to expand the regular season schedule to 17 games this week.​

The schedule will go in effect for 2021. Once finalized, the game will be added at the end of the season, bumping the Super Bowl back to the second weekend in February. The 17-game season coincides with the league's new broadcasting agreements and has been in the works since the CBA was signed last March. The addition of a Week 18 is a win for the NFL but comes with drawbacks on both single-season records and player safety. Fantasy leagues are likely to move to a 14-week regular season.
Does this mean the added game will be the last game of the year? Not sure that's a good idea if true as the added game is an AFC/NFC game. Think they like intradivision games at end so better chance teams don't sit players.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a 16 ounce glass of beer and add 1 ounce of water to it! Voila! 17 ounce beer!!!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some suggestions for the NFL. First get rid of the divisions. Make every team player each other yearly during the regular season. And the league should look into day/night doubleheaders. Wouldn't that be exciting? How about going back to leather helmets? Fuck it, no helmets at all!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Water Boy GIF by memecandy

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not a fan of the idea myself but we'll get used to it like we do with everything else they've changed over the years.

I know the players are going to complain and I get why they would but they also want bigger contracts and more money and the only way that's going to happen is having more product to sell. And every chance they have to take a stand and say no they crumble so it's hard for me to feel too sorry for them.

I do think they should add another bye week and I hope they keep the IR and practice squad system they had in place last season as that made much more sense than the previous PUP and IR system they had before.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only downside of this isn’t injuries. A single game isnt going to change that significantly.

It is historic stats. But in truth that isn’t a big deal anyway with the way the new rules and evolution of the game have already inflated those so much.
Honestly, that's always my biggest concern about changing the number of games or tinkering with rules in some way. I can't wait until someone tells us how good a RB was because he rushed for 1,000 yards (or 59/game).

My second biggest concern is the fairness of the schedules teams will play. If week 17 is vs KC for one team and Jax for another, that's significant