• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more blasphemy against cayanne peppa

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 time pro-bowler, 5 out of 8 years been to the playoffs. Ranked 27th. I think these people are either biased or stupid.

Is Dalton a top 10 QB? I would say no. I would say he is in the 15 to 18 range.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we live in Ohio... no one likes us. if a tornado consumed the entire state life in America would go on.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Dalton - He was close to the best qb that draft.... I mean, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, and Christina Ponder were all drafted before him. Sounds like someone was just pulling names off a country club roster.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still not 100% that he was not the best QB that draft. I don't think Cam has been very good outside a couple years. He is a still an NFL starting quality QB, and some games he is unstoppable, but I would say he is wildly inconsistent, like Dalton to some degree.

I would much rather of had AJ Greene and Andy Dalton in that draft rather than Cam Newton and a potential 2nd round WR that may have or may not have turned into a #1 type WR.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am still not 100% that he was not the best QB that draft. I don't think Cam has been very good outside a couple years. He is a still an NFL starting quality QB, and some games he is unstoppable, but I would say he is wildly inconsistent, like Dalton to some degree.

I would much rather of had AJ Greene and Andy Dalton in that draft rather than Cam Newton and a potential 2nd round WR that may have or may not have turned into a #1 type WR.

Newton's been erratic as a passer. Some seasons hes been great and others hes been average. But when you factor what he does on the ground as a runner both in personal production and opening up lanes for his RBs I'd take him over Dalton any day.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton's been erratic as a passer. Some seasons hes been great and others hes been average. But when you factor what he does on the ground as a runner both in personal production and opening up lanes for his RBs I'd take him over Dalton any day.

I agree with this.... I'd also point out that Dalton has played with better receivers.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with this.... I'd also point out that Dalton has played with better receivers.

Newton might not be elite or a HOFer but when healthy I'd put him the next tier. Hes a guy you can win a SB with if he has a good supporting cast. Dalton's generally underrated but I don't feel as confident in saying that about him.
That might have been an average QB class but its still the best overall 1st round since I've been following football. If you didnt reach on a QB you couldn't screwup a top 15 pick that year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, except for the fact that Marvin would have never allowed him to run. Taking into account his comments about Jackson after the B-more game, to me, shed a little light on that subject I think.

If you factor that in, you have to wonder how effective would he have been on this offense at the time? My guess is, he'd have some games where he would win it on his own, but he'd also have far more 2-3INT games that lose you games as well. Dalton, for all his warts, is amazingly consistent at being mediocre.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can consistently have great games and then have shitty games.