• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But if you see your heroes only by how much their talent in basketball brings you then you need to expand your horizons.
Curry made the classic mistake of assuming that because people are interested in his athletic skills that they are also interested in his political views. He need look no further than across the Bay to seethe dangers in doing that.

That isn't it at all, then again I don't expect someone as close minded as you to understand.

Curry's basketball talents give him a platform that most people don't have. He understands this fact quite well. Your mistake is that you don't understand why most athletes speak out about politics and worldly events.

It is because they feel obligated to use their platform in order to speak up for those who are powerless to speak up for themselves. Curry could care less what you think because there are many people who depend on him and others like him to continue to speak out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't it at all, then again I don't expect someone as close minded as you to understand.

Curry's basketball talents give him a platform that most people don't have. He understands this fact quite well. Your mistake is that you don't understand why most athletes speak out about politics and worldly events.

It is because they feel obligated to use their platform in order to speak up for those who are powerless to speak up for themselves. Curry could care less what you think because there are many people who depend on him and others like him to continue to speak out.
I disagree that most athletes do this. I believe the majority understand that their opinion is no more important than Bob the plumber's is. Colin Kaepernick learned this the hard way as did The Dixie Chicks and both paid for their folly with their careers..
Only the most conceited and arrogant do so who think their opinion matter because they can shoot a basketball or catch a football.
Actors are worse than athletes because they are generally very full of themselves and want to be seen and heard moreso than athletes do. Plus actors are far more articulate than your average basketball or football player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that most athletes do this. I believe the majority understand that their opinion is no more important than Bob the plumber's is. Colin Kaepernick learned this the hard way as did The Dixie Chicks and both paid for their folly with their careers..
Only the most conceited and arrogant do so who think their opinion matter because they can shoot a basketball or catch a football.
Actors are worse than athletes because they are generally very full of themselves and want to be seen and heard moreso than athletes do. Plus actors are far more articulate than your average basketball or football player.

Most athletes don't.

What I meant is that you don't understand why the athletes who speak out choose to do so.

And it has nothing to do with their opinion being more important. But again, you prove you don't get it. They have a voice because they are famous. And they feel obligated to speak out for the hundreds of thousands of people who share their opinion and have no voice.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most athletes don't.

What I meant is that you don't understand why the athletes who speak out choose to do so.

And it has nothing to do with their opinion being more important. But again, you prove you don't get it. They have a voice because they are famous. And they feel obligated to speak out for the hundreds of thousands of people who share their opinion and have no voice.
Oh I understand; they are racist.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A complete and thorough ass whipping from the Bucks. Wow!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A complete and thorough ass whipping from the Bucks. Wow!
That was unacceptable. Someone should be cut to send a message to the rest of team that performances like that will not be tolerated.

(And by “cut”, I mean with a knife...)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand; they are racist.

So now you are saying that guys like Steph Curry and Steve Kerr are racist?

Because if so, that is truly amazing.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you are saying that guys like Steph Curry and Steve Kerr are racist?

Because if so, that is truly amazing.
Kerr is just kissing ass to his black players and, yes, the black athletes complaining about everything only complain about things that happen to other black people. That by definition is racist.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! Kerr lit a fire under these guys for quitting in the Milwaukee game and they took it out on Brooklyn last night.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! Kerr lit a fire under these guys for quitting in the Milwaukee game and they took it out on Brooklyn last night.
Nah. Those slackers went to sleep again in the 4th quarter.

These guys suck. The FO should break up the team just to make a point.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Those slackers went to sleep again in the 4th quarter.

These guys suck. The FO should break up the team just to make a point.
You missed the game. They took it to the Nets.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the black athletes complaining about everything only complain about things that happen to other black people. That by definition is racist.

A. If they are only complaining about things that happen to other black people, they aren't complaining about everything.

B. Uh, no it isn't.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. If they are only complaining about things that happen to other black people, they aren't complaining about everything.

B. Uh, no it isn't.
Of course it is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it isn't.

Racist (noun): A person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Racist (adjective): Showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another.

Protesting/trying to raise awareness about something that mainly happens to people of your own race is not racist.

By your definition, women who try to raise awareness about breast cancer and men who try to raise awareness about prostate cancer are sexist. :L

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it isn't.

Racist (noun): A person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Racist (adjective): Showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another.

Protesting/trying to raise awareness about something that mainly happens to people of your own race is not racist.

By your definition, women who try to raise awareness about breast cancer and men who try to raise awareness about prostate cancer are sexist. :L
Fair enough. Hard for me to respect someone who only cares about issues affecting their own race or ethnicity. Reminds me of how all of the sudden Tom Watson was screaming about anti semitism on the PGA Tour after he married a Jew.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was unacceptable. Someone should be cut to send a message to the rest of team that performances like that will not be tolerated.

(And by “cut”, I mean with a knife...)
They've only lost one game since the DiD even with all the injuries.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How badly do Golden State Warriors fans want to just get into the building for a home game?

We'll soon find out.

The team sent an email to its fans on Monday offering a monthly "In The Building Pass." The pass simply gets a fan into the team's Oracle Arena for every home game for $100 a month.

The mobile pass does not include a seat, and with no access to the seating bowl, doesn't even include a view of the court itself. The team says fans who purchase the pass will have access to the arena's bars and restaurants and can watch on the televisions in the club areas. Fans do have a chance to receive one of the Warriors giveaways if they are one of the first 10,000 people into the arena.

Fans can purchase up to four "In The Building" passes, although each one must be connected to a name, and they are non-transferable. Warriors spokesperson Lisa Goodwin said the team plans to sell 200 passes each month, starting with November, and that the pass will automatically renew each month through April, as the offer is not being extended to the postseason.

There are currently 44,000 people on the Warriors season-ticket waiting list.

Warriors offer $100 monthly passes with no view

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable effort against the Clippers last night.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Hard for me to respect someone who only cares about issues affecting their own race or ethnicity. Reminds me of how all of the sudden Tom Watson was screaming about anti semitism on the PGA Tour after he married a Jew.

I am sure that none of these guys only care about issues affecting their own race.

But, there are other other advocates out there to speak for other issues. Who is out there championing rights for black Americans? Naturally, famous black Americans would take up that cause. So that is an issue many black athletes tend to speak out about.

There is an obligation there that you clearly don't understand. And no, it isn't racist in any way.

But guess what is racist? You calling people "*****". In 2018 that is a discriminatory term.
And you know this because I have called you on it before. So choosing to use that term could be considered racist.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to respect someone who only cares about issues affecting their own race or ethnicity.

First, how do you know he only cares about issues affecting his own race? Also, it seems to me that most people care more about issues that affect their own race or ethnicity because it's more likely to be an issue for them.

Reminds me of how all of the sudden Tom Watson was screaming about anti semitism on the PGA Tour after he married a Jew.

The difference should be pretty obvious. You are comparing someone who started speaking out about anti-Semitism because they married a Jewish person (nothing wrong with that, by the way) to someone who has been black their entire life.