• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stumbling Warriors hit new low in 'worst loss of the season'

I am just astonished that these clowns are finally seeing this.

This says it all:

"The Warriors have lost six of their last 10 games. They haven’t won back-to-back games in nearly four weeks."

I notice we haven't seen the "experts" around here in a while.

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""Not long after the horn sounded and the Warriors zombie-walked into their locker room at Oracle Arena, a video from the game surfaced wherein coach Steve Kerr served amateur lip-readers several tons of red meat.

The speculation, based on various websites attempting to read Kerr’s lips, is that he said “I’m so f---ing tired of Draymond’s s--t.”

I told you clowns.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......and this was the back end of a back-to-back on the road for the Suns! LOL!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson added. "It's hard to conjure up the energy every single night

So that 15 million a season you are getting ain't doing it, huh? Got it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you (or at least your tact) 99.9% of the time.

That said...

Klay Thompson: "I expect more from our crowd"

Really Klay? Really? Shouldn't it be they who expect more from the team? They paid their money to see these sorry displays like we got last night.
If the players clearly don't care, why would the fans? All this talk about how "the regular season doesn't matter" Has come back to bite you. You say it doesn't matter so the crowd believes you.

Look at your self first, Klay before making a ridiculous statement like you did.
Co-sign.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said...

Co-sign.
Good on you. At least you aren't hiding like the rest of 'em. I like that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is going to get blasted by Houston on Wednesday. Houston is a very beatable team but only if you are willing to give effort on defense. The Warriors are not willing to do that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said...

Co-sign.

You been to a game recently? I've been a season ticket holder since the mid 90's. My dad and I started out in the nosebleeds during all the shitty years. Then we eventually moved to the lower bowl mid 00's and have been there since.

The fan base has changed. It's completely evident when you watch the games. There's a complete lack of enthusiasm that existed 4-5 years ago. Fans in the lower bowl who were rabid fans are either priced out now of games or they're selling their tickets at a premium upcharge. As a result you're seeing a much more casual crowd.

I said in another thread that the Warriors played the Nuggets the other night, which I attended. It was like the crowd didn't even know the Nuggets were the #2 seed and this was a premier matchup. There were numerous plays where I was literally the only one within a 10 row vicinity who was up and cheering on a play.

It's also not like this is KD complaining about the lack of crowd support. This is Klay. The most chill of all Warrior players. And on top of all that he's been here since the shit years too. He's seen what a great crowd is like, what they're capable of being. The Warriors during the 12-13 and 13-14 years fed off the crowd.

Lastly...the Warriors have for years always been mentioned as the best home crowd and the best home court advantage in the league. When's the last time you heard anyone say that? They don't because it's not, and it doesn't exist anymore.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You been to a game recently? I've been a season ticket holder since the mid 90's. My dad and I started out in the nosebleeds during all the shitty years. Then we eventually moved to the lower bowl mid 00's and have been there since.

The fan base has changed. It's completely evident when you watch the games. There's a complete lack of enthusiasm that existed 4-5 years ago. Fans in the lower bowl who were rabid fans are either priced out now of games or they're selling their tickets at a premium upcharge. As a result you're seeing a much more casual crowd.

I said in another thread that the Warriors played the Nuggets the other night, which I attended. It was like the crowd didn't even know the Nuggets were the #2 seed and this was a premier matchup. There were numerous plays where I was literally the only one within a 10 row vicinity who was up and cheering on a play.

It's also not like this is KD complaining about the lack of crowd support. This is Klay. The most chill of all Warrior players. And on top of all that he's been here since the shit years too. He's seen what a great crowd is like, what they're capable of being. The Warriors during the 12-13 and 13-14 years fed off the crowd.

Lastly...the Warriors have for years always been mentioned as the best home crowd and the best home court advantage in the league. When's the last time you heard anyone say that? They don't because it's not, and it doesn't exist anymore.
I don’t disagree with a character you have typed. But it ok for YOU to complain about it. Klay or Steph or KD or Drey or any of the other players should NEVER complain about the crowds. Period. Especially when they are taking the regular season off.

I understand why the players are taking the regular season off. They can sleepwalk through and still be a top 3 seed. I get it. But why should the crowd go apeshit when the players are yawning?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree with a character you have typed. But it ok for YOU to complain about it. Klay or Steph or KD or Drey or any of the other players should NEVER complain about the crowds. Period. Especially when they are taking the regular season off.

I understand why the players are taking the regular season off. They can sleepwalk through and still be a top 3 seed. I get it. But why should the crowd go apeshit when the players are yawning?

I get where you're coming from, I really do. But the crowd is and has always been a real motivating factor for the players. Perhaps you're right in that the crowd feels somewhat lethargic because that's what the play reflects. But the reverse can also be true in that the players feel lethargic because the crowd isn't hyped at their play. Just a few years ago, if Steph did a cross over and hit a step back 3, the entire arena erupted and the fans were on their feet. Close games the crowd would be standing for the entire 4th quarter if need be. Now you're lucky if in a close game the fans stand in the last minute and a half.

The fans have become numb to the success of this team and it reflects. Again, maybe you're right in that Klay shouldn't have said what he said. Doesn't make it any less true though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nonsense. The crowd cannot get behind a team which doesn't care about winning.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a well-played game. They almost choked it away but held on. Nice win. I think this shows that when Durant leaves at the end of the season the Warriors can still field a formidable team if they can keep Cousins.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a well-played game. They almost choked it away but held on. Nice win. I think this shows that when Durant leaves at the end of the season the Warriors can still field a formidable team if they can keep Cousins.
How about if they don't keep Cousins, because by rule they can't pay him enough?

Also, they just had an even better played game vs Denver

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about if they don't keep Cousins, because by rule they can't pay him enough?

Also, they just had an even better played game vs Denver
I was not aware of that rule...........imagine that. Guess they better push a little harder to keep Durant.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not aware of that rule...........imagine that. Guess they better push a little harder to keep Durant.
All they can do is offer the super duper max money and the chance to 4 peat. Not much else to say, he's going to do what he wants. I'd say he's probably 70-75% chance to leave at this point but I doubt even he knows for sure what he wants to do

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they can do is offer the super duper max money and the chance to 4 peat. Not much else to say, he's going to do what he wants. I'd say he's probably 70-75% chance to leave at this point but I doubt even he knows for sure what he wants to do
His surly demeanor this season tells me he might be gone; its not a good look. And I think folks in the organization are tiring of Green's act as well

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His surly demeanor this season tells me he might be gone; its not a good look. And I think folks in the organization are tiring of Green's act as well
Well we do know Kerr is sick of his shit LOL.

Actually I think it's fine with Draymond, his fire is important and overall helps the team. But we'll see what they do after next year maybe they will low-ball him.

Durant is just an emo guy, sensitive and thoughtful. Probably will never be just relaxed and happy no matter what he does. Still badly want him to stay though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we do know Kerr is sick of his shit LOL.

Actually I think it's fine with Draymond, his fire is important and overall helps the team. But we'll see what they do after next year maybe they will low-ball him.

Durant is just an emo guy, sensitive and thoughtful. Probably will never be just relaxed and happy no matter what he does. Still badly want him to stay though.
His whiny baby act aside, he was critical to the Warriors success the last two years and will be to any further success they may have this year. An amazing talent.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His whiny baby act aside, he was critical to the Warriors success the last two years and will be to any further success they may have this year. An amazing talent.
File under: No Shit, Sherlock