• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Ever since Kerr read them the riot act after the debacle in Denver, hereafter to be known as TDiD, the Warriors have really played well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Ever since Kerr read them the riot act after the debacle in Denver, hereafter to be known as TDiD, the Warriors have really played well.

Yeah.

You must be really disappointed. Nothing to complain about.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

You must be really disappointed. Nothing to complain about.
Couldn't be happier but should they start slacking again they will definitely incur my wrath again

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't be happier but should they start slacking again they will definitely incur my wrath again

Except they have proven time and again they can turn it on when they need to.

I think they make a run at 70 this year. Not because they are aiming for it, but because they are that good. But even if they don't they will roll through the playoffs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they have proven time and again they can turn it on when they need to.

I think they make a run at 70 this year. Not because they are aiming for it, but because they are that good. But even if they don't they will roll through the playoffs.
Agreed. And their competition in the West has lessened.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And their competition in the West has lessened.

Lessened in the sense that the Rockets don't appear to be as good. 3-12 in the West is a lot stronger though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lessened in the sense that the Rockets don't appear to be as good. 3-12 in the West is a lot stronger though.
That was my main reason for saying that. The Rockets are not the same without all those long wing players who gave the Warriors trouble. I don't see much, if any, improvement in the other teams in the West either.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been looking for video of Kerr ripping into the team in Denver, but can’t find it. I also don’t see any of the beats talking about it.

This is an outrage! The Warriors ownership must be paying off the beats (and local radio talking heads) to not cover this story. I think we need an investigation into this.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been looking for video of Kerr ripping into the team in Denver, but can’t find it. I also don’t see any of the beats talking about it.

This is an outrage! The Warriors ownership must be paying off the beats (and local radio talking heads) to not cover this story. I think we need an investigation into this.
Winning cures everything. It even makes the press cooperate. They didn't even report on the closed locker room meeting where Kerr went ballistic even though they could hear it through the walls.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning cures everything. It even makes the press cooperate. They didn't even report on the closed locker room meeting where Kerr went ballistic even though they could hear it through the walls.
If they didn’t report on it....

How do you know they could hear it?????

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was loud and profane and it definitely sent the proper message now that they've won 9 straight.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was loud and profane and it definitely sent the proper message now that they've won 9 straight.
Did the team say anything back after you heard his tirade?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few snippets from this article that was easily google-able that refutes nearly everything that @Montalban believes how Kerr handles the team. LOL.

Evolution of Steve Kerr: Warriors coach ready for toughest playoff run yet

“With each guy you learn what they need to get the best out of them. It was yelling with Draymond and with Klay it was don’t be emotional, pull him aside and tell him something. With Steph, it was saying anything you want in front of the team when he makes a mistake on film. He can handle it, and that was really powerful for the group.”

“That’s the part that makes a coach a legend or gets him fired in two years, figuring out how to coach different guys,” Green said. “Every guy isn’t the same. …

"He resisted the temptation to snap — his thoughtful nature belies a serious temper, as you might have deduced — when the Warriors started sluggishly (4-3). And he remained calm when they struggled to stay engaged in late January and early February, as the All-Star break approached."

“Steve understands the reality: one voice all the time gets tiring to the players, so he always uses an economy of words,” assistant coach Ron Adams said.

“I mostly just listen now,” Green said, smiling. “If I think something different, I’ll go to Steve and say it as opposed to letting it build up. I’ll say, ‘This is bothering me.’ … It’s a partnership working together to try to better this team.”

Or, as Kerr said, “There’s less confrontation and more collaboration. But we understand that each one of us has the potential to snap at any moment (chuckling), which we respect in each other. We need Draymond’s edge, his fire.”

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few snippets from this article that was easily google-able that refutes nearly everything that @Montalban believes how Kerr handles the team. LOL.

“With each guy you learn what they need to get the best out of them. It was yelling with Draymond and with Klay it was don’t be emotional, pull him aside and tell him something. With Steph, it was saying anything you want in front of the team when he makes a mistake on film. He can handle it, and that was really powerful for the group.”

“That’s the part that makes a coach a legend or gets him fired in two years, figuring out how to coach different guys,” Green said. “Every guy isn’t the same. …

"He resisted the temptation to snap — his thoughtful nature belies a serious temper, as you might have deduced — when the Warriors started sluggishly (4-3). And he remained calm when they struggled to stay engaged in late January and early February, as the All-Star break approached."

“Steve understands the reality: one voice all the time gets tiring to the players, so he always uses an economy of words,” assistant coach Ron Adams said.

“I mostly just listen now,” Green said, smiling. “If I think something different, I’ll go to Steve and say it as opposed to letting it build up. I’ll say, ‘This is bothering me.’ … It’s a partnership working together to try to better this team.”

Or, as Kerr said, “There’s less confrontation and more collaboration. But we understand that each one of us has the potential to snap at any moment (chuckling), which we respect in each other. We need Draymond’s edge, his fire.”
I'm just impressed Monty was close enough to the locker room to hear the halftime tirade

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just impressed Monty was close enough to the locker room to hear the halftime tirade
And, unlike the rest of the beats, he has the balls to let us know about it.

NN, I believe I speak for the entire board when I say...

THANK YOU.

:yo:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you believe that nonsense? Good lord you are gullible. You must believe everything you read from Mr. Trump as well.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you believe that nonsense? Good lord you are gullible. You must believe everything you read from Mr. Trump as well.
lol @msgkings and his retaliatory rainbow ratings.