• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's official bitch about the Warriors thread (2018-19)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he will bring just that.

And a lot more because he has a perimeter game too. Boogies perimeter game means the opposing big can't help off him to rim protect. That is even more valuable than a post game because it will open driving lanes for everybody else.
I'd like to see him more on the inside posting up and getting offensive rebounds when our perimeter guys miss. What we need is an inside presence and I hope he will accept that role. On defense I'd like to see him be the rim protector that he can be if he wants to. Rebounding and inside defense are the only two Warrior weaknesses............other than there infernal laziness and complacency.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Thompson getting his feet under him again.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins with 9 rebounds including three on the offensive side and 5 assists. That's what I like to see from him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins with 9 rebounds including three on the offensive side and 5 assists. That's what I like to see from him.

He's still getting his legs under him and his timing down, but I really like what I'm seeing from him so far. 11, 7.5 and 4.0 in 18 minutes a game is great production from him at this point. I said earlier in the year that if we got 14, 8 and 4 from him in limited minutes I would be really pleased considering his injury. He's on pace for that and then some if he keeps growing within the season.

As for his defense, Cousin's career block per game numbers is 1.2, which is not great for a guy his size. It's never been his strong suit, blocking shots, but taking up space in the paint, funneling guys properly and rebounding on the defensive glass will be all he needs to do to help this team defensively.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still getting his legs under him and his timing down, but I really like what I'm seeing from him so far. 11, 7.5 and 4.0 in 18 minutes a game is great production from him at this point. I said earlier in the year that if we got 14, 8 and 4 from him in limited minutes I would be really pleased considering his injury. He's on pace for that and then some if he keeps growing within the season.

As for his defense, Cousin's career block per game numbers is 1.2, which is not great for a guy his size. It's never been his strong suit, blocking shots, but taking up space in the paint, funneling guys properly and rebounding on the defensive glass will be all he needs to do to help this team defensively.
I did notice that he had zero blocks yesterday but the team had 41 assists which also caught my eye and I forgot to mention.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice that he had zero blocks yesterday but the team had 41 assists which also caught my eye and I forgot to mention.

Yeah, I mean for like comparison sake, Javale McGee averages 1.5 blocks a game for his career, but also averages just a shade over 17 minutes a game. Boogie has 1.2 bpg in a career 32.3 minutes per game. That's significantly different.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I mean for like comparison sake, Javale McGee averages 1.5 blocks a game for his career, but also averages just a shade over 17 minutes a game. Boogie has 1.2 bpg in a career 32.3 minutes per game. That's significantly different.
Maybe they've been positioned differently on defense in their careers. I would imagine Cousins could block more shots if he was used for that purpose.
I haven't really followed his career other than to know he was a prolific scorer, good rebounder and a trouble-maker.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they've been positioned differently on defense in their careers. I would imagine Cousins could block more shots if he was used for that purpose.
I haven't really followed his career other than to know he was a prolific scorer, good rebounder and a trouble-maker.

I think a lot of it has to do with just pure athletic ability too. Cousins isn't a leaper, and never has been. His blocks are more positional than, weakside. So it's not so much he doesn't have opportunities, but he doesn't recover as fast to the weakside, whereas a guy like Javale can cover a ton of ground.

Just my opinion, not an expert when it comes to this type of stuff. But just my eye test and what I've seen from Cousins in the past is that he's ultimately limited by his skills. Just like Curry would never top out as an elite defender because his pure athleticism doesn't match up to some of the elite defenders like an Avery Bradley. It's not a lack of effort, it's just there's a ceiling.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of it has to do with just pure athletic ability too. Cousins isn't a leaper, and never has been. His blocks are more positional than, weakside. So it's not so much he doesn't have opportunities, but he doesn't recover as fast to the weakside, whereas a guy like Javale can cover a ton of ground.

Just my opinion, not an expert when it comes to this type of stuff. But just my eye test and what I've seen from Cousins in the past is that he's ultimately limited by his skills. Just like Curry would never top out as an elite defender because his pure athleticism doesn't match up to some of the elite defenders like an Avery Bradley. It's not a lack of effort, it's just there's a ceiling.

Weak side blocks are overrated. What are you doing? Leaving your guy so he can get a highlight real dunk on the follow? Cousin's understands basketball and he's a vacuum cleaner with his huge hands. The W's have no excuse not winning a title this year if he can play like this 20 minutes a game. You got 3 of the best shooters in the league with one of the strongest interior players setting pick and rolls.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak side blocks are overrated. What are you doing? Leaving your guy so he can get a highlight real dunk on the follow? Cousin's understands basketball and he's a vacuum cleaner with his huge hands. The W's have no excuse not winning a title this year if he can play like this 20 minutes a game. You got 3 of the best shooters in the league with one of the strongest interior players setting pick and rolls.

I agree. But the tonality of this sounds as if we're on a different page. But whatevs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicht schlect last night in Boston!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoking the Olidipo-less Pacers so far tonight.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Cousins is just getting abused down there on defense. Dudes are going right over him for offensive rebounds.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Cousins is just getting abused down there on defense. Dudes are going right over him for offensive rebounds.

Warriors up 12 early...must find something to bitch about...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors up 12 early...must find something to bitch about...
Shocked to see the Lakers going right over the top of him. Didn't realize he couldn't jump yet.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the Warriors are working on a plan to get Davis when Durant leaves at the end of the year. That would be cool.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the Warriors are working on a plan to get Davis when Durant leaves at the end of the year. That would be cool.
Wrong again. They could try to get him as a FA one year later, after both KD and Draymond are off the books along with Iggy and Livingston