• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monta And Warriors Sued For Sexual Harrassment

wsexsteve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is not good for the Warriors. The NBA could give Monta a long suspension if guilty.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unless the rules of the CBA have changed, you are incorrect. When Isiah Thomas was found guilty of sexual harassment while working for the Knicks, nothing happened to him. According to the NBA, ...the league's policies "do not encompass civil litigation."

While this may damage his trade value, it will not cost him any time on the court.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, a quick glance at SLAM's other top headlines really makes it look like the TMZ of the NBA (Perkins dogging Westbrook, Shaq saying Bron never listened to Brown, etc.). That notwithstanding, I find it hard to believe that any half-way intelligent business people would fire any employee after making a sexual harassment claim. LaGruber and Co. would have to be pretty stupid to not throw some money and have a release signed upon departure.

Unfortunately, if this is all true, this ownership group is probably fucked. They certainly have deep pockets, but I don't think they're deep enough to withstand a multi-million dollar judgment without repercussions. Either way, I'm more worried about Steph's ankle.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am a Monta Ellis fan and I think the guy has not reached the peak of his talents yet, but even I had to laugh at this quote from the story today:

Former Warriors employee says Ellis sent dirty texts

"Ellis is the franchise's most recognized member outside of the Bay Area and widely regarded as the team's best player."

Te author of this article, Justin Berton, is obviously not a sports fan.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Monta Ellis fan and I think the guy has not reached the peak of his talents yet, but even I had to laugh at this quote from the story today:

Former Warriors employee says Ellis sent dirty texts

"Ellis is the franchise's most recognized member outside of the Bay Area and widely regarded as the team's best player."

Te author of this article, Justin Berton, is obviously not a sports fan.

He saw 24 ppg, and thought, "People must know this guy." On a related note, last week, one of my friends (deluded Laker fan) responded to me saying the Warriors would make the playoffs by questioning, "Who do they have on their team that is any good?"

SportsTIPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Like I said before, the world would be a better place without basketball.

Such a negative vibe

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, the world would be a better place without basketball.

Such a negative vibe

Brett Favre and various politicians, too, apparently. Texting pictures of one's genitals is a universal bad vibe that has nothing to do with an orange ball and ten-foot hoops.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I just saw pictures of Erika Ross Smith. Very meh. Monta's wife is hotter. Even if she wasn't, why, Monta?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I just saw pictures of Erika Ross Smith. Very meh. Monta's wife is hotter. Even if she wasn't, why, Monta?
I can answer this for all men (well most men). Now this isn't my theory, it's a fact based on the actions of married men, single men, so on and so on. And I quote "The only thing better than pussy is new pussy".
Note: Please don't kill the messenger!
Sidenote: This will all of the sudden start to die down after Ellis pays her off. Kobe had to buy his wife an $8 million ring (turned out to just prolong the inevitable) and Ellis will have to give about $2 million to make this go away. Like Heath said, she's not good looking...AT ALL. She's just taking full advantage of the ONE TIME in her life that a millionare will push up on her. I can't be mad at her hustle. Times are hard, stars look like something to eat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can answer this for all men (well most men). Now this isn't my theory, it's a fact based on the actions of married men, single men, so on and so on. And I quote "The only thing better than pussy is new pussy".
Note: Please don't kill the messenger!
Sidenote: This will all of the sudden start to die down after Ellis pays her off. Kobe had to buy his wife an $8 million ring (turned out to just prolong the inevitable) and Ellis will have to give about $2 million to make this go away. Like Heath said, she's not good looking...AT ALL. She's just taking full advantage of the ONE TIME in her life that a millionare will push up on her. I can't be mad at her hustle. Times are hard, stars look like something to eat.

Understandable. That quote is definitely rooted in truth. Which comedian said that? Chappelle? Anyway, that excuse doesn't really fly with me. I've never cheated, and I will never cheat. Then again, I've never been a millionaire either, but I respect my fiance too much to treat her that way. I'll never understand why any of these guys get married before they're 50, anyway. George Clooney knows what's up.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable. That quote is definitely rooted in truth. Which comedian said that? Chappelle? Anyway, that excuse doesn't really fly with me. I've never cheated, and I will never cheat. Then again, I've never been a millionaire either, but I respect my fiance too much to treat her that way. I'll never understand why any of these guys get married before they're 50, anyway. George Clooney knows what's up.

No one comedian. That's an old quote from around alot of Black communities.
I have to commend you for not being a cheater, I'm trying to kick the habit myself (I've been married for 4 years). Old habits are hard to break. Another quote that makes sense to me is "I wasn't cheating, it was just sex". That is a quote that you can hear in any community. And I know what your going to say. You were going to say does that go for her too? Then I would say no and I quote again "that's different".

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one comedian. That's an old quote from around alot of Black communities.
I have to commend you for not being a cheater, I'm trying to kick the habit myself (I've been married for 4 years). Old habits are hard to break. Another quote that makes sense to me is "I wasn't cheating, it was just sex". That is a quote that you can hear in any community. And I know what your going to say. You were going to say does that go for her too? Then I would say no and I quote again "that's different".

"It takes respect to get respect." I love my future wife, but if she is ever unfaithful, she would never see me again. I expect the same from her. Even if she would take me back, I couldn't hurt her that way. I know we're all human, so I can completely understand the temptations. :blah: Whatever. Either way, Erika Ross Smith is not attractive enough to ruin a family... or a basketball organization.