• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday's Question - Broncos Dbackfield

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the Safeties and the CBs the Broncos have some nice talent, but where is everyone going to play?

Still if Yiadom is the number 3 CB - that seems a little shallow on the proven talent side doesn't it?

Making me a true idiot on this topic - I wouldn't be able to tell you which defensive back type is better at zone or man coverage. What I do like about a well executed zone coverage - is that it should increase the interceptions as many times the zone dback sees the ball coming his way - the man cover is looking for tells in the receivers eyes and has less time to respond to the ball.

One of my favorite things (again if well executed) - is the position versatility of many of these Broncos - Harris can take the WR1 or the slot - Jackson can line up at S or CB - Parks S or ILB - Simmons took snaps all over the field last year.

I'm excited about Fangio connecting the dots and orchestrating the pass rush with the pass defense - this defensive bunch has speed and versatility.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake....this ain't the "no fly zone". However, this group does have flexibility that could make them good. As always, the back end is dependent on a dominant pass rush and vice versa. If Chubb, Miller and company can take QB's out of their rhythm, our back end could be special. This year is going to be so interesting to see how the D evolves. With Wade, it was all mano y mano. With Fangio, we're going to see so much more zone and aggressive blitz packages. Should be fun.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos keep 4 safeties - That's Simmons, Parks and Jackson - and really a number of talented guys between Cravens, D. Thomas, J. Carter S. Thomas and Marshall left to pick from for a 4th.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shamarko is a vet. Not much upside in keeping him. Average special teams player. May keep 5. Could see us keeping Cravens and Jamal Carter. With Dymonte pushing both. Trey Marshall to the PS.