• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday night game vs Bears

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was awful tonight. You won't get any dispute from me about that. But that doesn't change the fact that the O line sucks and the FO didn't do anything in the offseason to fix it. Again.
Wilson hasn't been good, but the offense as a whole is bad. All of it. Outside of Dissly, what bright spot as that unit had over two games? :noidea: The line is even worse this year than it was last year. It's as if the front office wants it that way. I mean they don't really try to fix it so it has to be on purpose.

And we knew the D was going to take 2 steps back. They just lost too many pieces. Add in all the injuries to pro bowl players and this is just not a competitive team right now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson hasn't been good, but the offense as a whole is bad. All of it. Outside of Dissly, what bright spot as that unit had over two games? :noidea: The line is even worse this year than it was last year. It's as if the front office wants it that way. I mean they don't really try to fix it so it has to be on purpose.

And we knew the D was going to take 2 steps back. They just lost too many pieces. Add in all the injuries to pro bowl players and this is just not a competitive team right now.

Baldwin, Wright, and Wagner out... on the road... I didn't actually think we'd be within a TD going for an onside kick.

And I still haven't gotten an answer from the main thread, what the hell happened to Carson? Was he injured? 6 times is all we can get him the ball prior to basically game over mode? WTF?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the line started blocking better when the Bears just started pinning their ears back and coming after Russ. We saw them give Russ time in the 2nd half but Russell Wilson like i said earlier ...thats NOT Russell out there and i want his DNA tested! lol

7.5 wins i said for the season for the Hawks i think i went over :P

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero creativity. Carson is MIA:bullshit:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just starting my recording. I like them trying to establish the run on the first drive, but I just don't get going empty set on third and short. They don't respect the run if you don't even threaten to run.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Trubisky missed a wide open dude in the middle of the field and forced one to Howard that should have been picked and somehow gets praised for it?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're chipping Mack every play and he's still getting there because Russ isn't stepping up in the pocket and Ifedi really sucks. Thank god Trubisky's poor decisions are keeping this close.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No creativity at all on offense... I was envious of the Bears creativity tonight....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least the Mariners won... LOL...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halftime. Feels like it should be 21-0 but Trubisky sucks and Seabass fucking drilled that 55 yarder. Russ is going to have to take over this shit if they want to win.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense played much better than expected. Yes, there were issues on third down, which helped the Bears with TOP, but Chicago was content to take a few yards each play to make 3rd down manageable - allowing them to be in a lot of 3rd and short.

The offense once again didn't show up until the final drive of the first half - and the fourth quarter. This has been the theme for the team for quite some time, but they're finding that the ability to win games by the offense only being aggressive for a quarter isn't there right now. 9-9 in their last 18 games is proof enough that the Seahawks offense needs to find a way to put points up some other time than just the 4th quarter.

Russell Wilson had a horrible game. More than anyone else, he's responsible for this loss. He took at least 2 sacks in the first half when he had time to throw and just didn't make the decision. His horrible pick 6 in the 4th quarter was the difference in the game. Despite how bad they played on offense, this game was winnable. I get the feeling that Wilson is being curtailed in his adlibbing - there were several plays throughout the game where Russell was flushed and he almost immediately dumped the ball off without even looking to make the big plays those scramble plays have been so dangerous for.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was awful tonight. You won't get any dispute from me about that. But that doesn't change the fact that the O line sucks and the FO didn't do anything in the offseason to fix it. Again.

They mixed it up a bit with the new O-line coach, leaving the zone blocking .... I think the last couple weeks have been VERY tough match-ups with 2 of the best pass rushers in the game, those are 2 of the toughest guy's Ifedi could possibly face with Miller and Mack, so the rest should seem a helluva lot easier compared to those 2 nightmares... I hope Ifedi turns a corner, man it would be so good for us moving forward... honestly I think this year is gonna be a long year, possibly something we need to retool this thing back up... It's a bummer but at some point we knew this was gonna happen.... I won't say we can't start winning though because tonight was brutal with injuries, so they are better than what they've shown... This teams needs to discover itself before they grow back up ... Super important that we establish who are #1 running back is, if it's Penny then let's keep feeding him the rock, let him grow, that's a good start because we saw what a difference it makes running the ball, it opens things up for Russ big time and keeps that pass rush in check...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect throw on that TD to Lockett but probably gonna be too little too late.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whalp. This gonna be a LONG year fellas.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I think that this is a long season but i don't know to blame the Ol,who took a another hit with Britt injuring his shoulder, or Russell

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mixed it up a bit with the new O-line coach, leaving the zone blocking .... I think the last couple weeks have been VERY tough match-ups with 2 of the best pass rushers in the game, those are 2 of the toughest guy's Ifedi could possibly face with Miller and Mack, so the rest should seem a helluva lot easier compared to those 2 nightmares... I hope Ifedi turns a corner, man it would be so good for us moving forward... honestly I think this year is gonna be a long year, possibly something we need to retool this thing back up... It's a bummer but at some point we knew this was gonna happen.... I won't say we can't start winning though because tonight was brutal with injuries, so they are better than what they've shown... This teams needs to discover itself before they grow back up ... Super important that we establish who are #1 running back is, if it's Penny then let's keep feeding him the rock, let him grow, that's a good start because we saw what a difference it makes running the ball, it opens things up for Russ big time and keeps that pass rush in check...

Ifedi's nightmare is going to continue if they keep him out there.

He'll be matched up with Demarcus Lawrence next. He has 12.5 sacks in his last 9 games.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all that discouraged. Lots of young players in big roles, some key injuries, tough matchups vs top pass rushers, and playing both games on the road. I expected the season to be a bit bumpy early on, so now that it's happened like I thought I'm not going to make it out to be worse than it is.

The D held up really well overall and way better vs the run than I thought w/o Wagner. They kept the team in the game when the offense couldn't do anything in the first half. If we hit on Tre Flowers like we have with Shaquill Griffin, we'll be set CB. Wagner and KJ coming back will be a great settling factor.

As much of a struggle it was for the offense, I liked where we were in the 4th qtr.....right before the uncharacteristic pick-6. It was a bad decision by Russell -- maybe he didn't see the guy I guess, not sure. Lots of criticism on his game overall. He clearly doesn't trust his protection all that much and is expecting the sack if his first look isn't there. Sort of hard to blame him after the last couple seasons.

Still getting a feel for what Schotty is about. I don't get why we didn't run the ball more when it was working ok, or why we didn't do a better job of mimicking what GB did against them the week before until it was mostly too late. We didn't run the ball a single time in our first 2 possessions of the 2nd half! I don't get it.

I really do think it gets better, and I think we'll be just fine next week vs Dallas. I didn't think we would be 3-0 after 3 games or anything, but both of these first 2 games were winnable. We started 0-2 in '15 also and ended up 10-6. We'll see how this young team responds.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching highlights of game on youtube - here's Wilson's sacks they showed.

1. 1st quarter. 3rd & 2 from Chicago 44. Ball snapped 11:25. Pressure arrived at 11:22. Play ended 11:18. Corner blitz while DLine ran a stunt. With an empty backfield, there was no one to cover the blitz, and Ifedi can't be expected to block 2 players. Just a good playcall by the Bears.

2. 2nd quarter. 2nd & 15 from our own 8. Ball snapped at 11:25. Pressure arrived at 11:22. Play ended at 11:19. While 3 seconds isn't great, it's not terrible either. Highlight didn't show routes, so don't know what coverage looked like. 5 defenders rushed. Overall, I'd give the line a C+ on the play - good enough for most plays, just not for this one.

3. 2nd quarter. 1st & 10 from Chicago 43. Ball snapped 8:54, pressure arrived at 8:53. Play ended 8:47. Vannett missed his block on Mack. Overall, I'd give the line a D- - the rest of the line did a decent job with the assignments, but allowing Mack a free run at Wilson ended the play before it started. If Vannett gets his block before going on his route - then Wilson gets outside Mack on his bootleg, allowing for Vannett or Dissly to make positive yards.

4. 2nd quarter. 3rd & 17 from the 50. Ball snapped at 7:22, pressure arrived at 7:17 seconds (strip sack). Play ended 7:13. Russell pumped the ball once, shuffled back and then tried to throw again allowing Mack to reach a hand around Ifedi for the strip. 5 seconds of pocket protection is more than enough time to execute a play. Again, no coverage visible, so I can't say what was happening downfield, but Russell had a hole to the right and coulda bailed if the pressure was there. Despite being "sacked", Wilson still had a clean pocket. (Announcers drooling over Mack on the play as if it was his skill and not Wilson holding the ball too long). Overall, I give the line an A- for this play. Everyone did their job and reasonable expectations should be that Wilson is running or has thrown the ball by the time 5 seconds has come.

5. 2nd quarter. 1st & 10 at our 38. Ball snapped at 1:01, sacked at 0:58. Played ended at 0:58. Wilson appears to flush early, trips on Prosise's foot and is touched down. He wasn't yet under pressure, but he didn't have too much longer before pressure would appear. I thought the line did alright, Wilson just ran away from Ifedi (who was holding up pretty well) and right to Prosise who was picking up the LB blitz - the only place pressure was starting to be applied. If he goes right instead of left - maybe a different play.

Overall, I'd say at least 3 of the sacks were directly on Wilson in one form or another, one on Vannett and the last just a well timed blitz by the Bears.

On another note, I still think the Robinson forward progress fumble was crap, but I'm sure Bears fans wouldn't agree.