• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moncada prefers batting 2nd

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too much of a surprise, being that's where Yoan spent most of last season, but I was kinda getting used to the idea of a future lineup in which Robert leads off, Madrigal bats 2nd (gotta credit Mingo for that suggestion), then Moncada 3rd or certainly no lower than 4th. But apparently he's happiest in the two spot.

Moncada has a preference for where he hits in lineup

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Robert and Moncada seem ideal to hit either 2nd or 3rd long-term. It seems like Eloy would be destined to hit clean-up, long-term.

I don't know. Not a big deal. It will all flush itself out accordingly.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #2 hitter has to be the most selfless hitter in the batting order - from that perspective Moncada should be saluted for a team 1st attitude. I do question taking this man's explosiveness at the plate and having him give himself up to advance a runner on 1st base to set up a scoring situation (seems like a waste of resources to me). I was surprised to hear him say this yesterday.

Counter that thought - I will say it worked very well when Carlton Fisk hit 2nd for the Sox.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #2 hitter has to be the most selfless hitter in the batting order - from that perspective Moncada should be saluted for a team 1st attitude. I do question taking this man's explosiveness at the plate and having him give himself up to advance a runner on 1st base to set up a scoring situation (seems like a waste of resources to me). I was surprised to hear him say this yesterday.

Counter that thought - I will say it worked very well when Carlton Fisk hit 2nd for the Sox.

if moncada truly had a team first attitude he'd keep quiet about 'his' preferences and play where the manager thinks is best for the team. i get real tired of the players picking their own places in a lineup (or positions like abreu). players aren't managers.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if moncada truly had a team first attitude he'd keep quiet about 'his' preferences and play where the manager thinks is best for the team. i get real tired of the players picking their own places in a lineup (or positions like abreu). players aren't managers.

I understand this because I was on many a team where my favorite position in the lineup was to bat at all.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make him a deal.

If he can not pace at 175+ strikeouts per 650 at-bats, then maybe he can bat in the STFU and just bat where the f*ck the lineup card says spot.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The follow up part of Moncada's quote and said with the same breath was Moncada saying he is happy to bat anywhere in the lineup. The press is looking for stuff to write about.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The follow up part of Moncada's quote and said with the same breath was Moncada saying he is happy to bat anywhere in the lineup. The press is looking for stuff to write about.

F*cking shark jumping assholes.

Fine, we'll put him in the 9 spot. Thanks for being a team player Yoan!