• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Trade Down Edition

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts on this? Seems pretty good, but I question the pick in the first and go TE Pitts instead.
I'll ignore the fact that the Bengals RARELY trade in the draft, let alone trade this many times...

The only real pick I have issues with is the OSU kid - the last 2 guys were supposedly some of the best from some really good OL's and they sucked ass. I'll pass on OSU OL for right now.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll ignore the fact that the Bengals RARELY trade in the draft, let alone trade this many times...

The only real pick I have issues with is the OSU kid - the last 2 guys were supposedly some of the best from some really good OL's and they sucked ass. I'll pass on OSU OL for right now.
There have been mock drafts that have us taking Wyatt with the 5th overall pick! I would be okay taking him with the second round, but not a chance in hell with that #5 pick.

With that said, I do not know much about the 1st round selection here. So I can't say either way, but when you have the #5 pick, don't you want that to be a home run, a sure of a thing as you can possibly get? I mean, his name doesn't scream that to me. If we are trading down to there and we use our 2nd round pick on an OL, I would still rather go Pitts. Best sure value with the pick, while reaping the most trade value from the trade down.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been mock drafts that have us taking Wyatt with the 5th overall pick! I would be okay taking him with the second round, but not a chance in hell with that #5 pick.

With that said, I do not know much about the 1st round selection here. So I can't say either way, but when you have the #5 pick, don't you want that to be a home run, a sure of a thing as you can possibly get? I mean, his name doesn't scream that to me. If we are trading down to there and we use our 2nd round pick on an OL, I would still rather go Pitts. Best sure value with the pick, while reaping the most trade value from the trade down.
Here's the other thing - we still have no clue on how F/A plays out.

If they grab an OT and a G - then, to me, Pitt is the clear choice - even if you trade down a bit, I think you could get him but I wouldn't trade too far.

You can still land a WR, G in round 2, and then go best available after that for defense. Also going to need to look at C with Hopkins tearing his ACL. Playing OL is not like playing QB - my guess is he will start the season on the PUP list. This makes landing a few OL F/A even more key.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEs can block for the QB sometimes, especially in a scheme that doesn't utilize fullbacks.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEs can block for the QB sometimes, especially in a scheme that doesn't utilize fullbacks.

I think Zac Taylor and his friends have made it clear that blocking for Burrow is a low priority. He just needs to get rid of the ball quicker.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zac Taylor and his friends have made it clear that blocking for Burrow is a low priority. He just needs to get rid of the ball quicker.

yea. all we really need is someone who can make screen passes like Andy Dalton.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's there early in the second, yeah.

Nooooo at 5

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's there early in the second, yeah.

Nooooo at 5

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out on OSU linemen. The last 2 that were supposed to be so damned good and came from really good OL's at OSU ended up being Bobby Hart bad...

I'll pass.