• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF crew

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN on air talent is multi-racial and obviously more females are moving into the jobs. The analyst talent should theoretically mirror the demographic of the sport.

Most of the former players in the NFL are what race? Black...right?

Most of the former players in the NHL are what race? White...right?

If ESPN was hiring mostly black analysts for their NHL programming...you would have a valid point....the ESPN hiring 15 black on air personalities (these are the people that went to journalism school, trained for play by play. etc.)...you might have a valid point again...ESPN hiring black analysts in the NBA or NFL...I see that as getting hired because you played the game, you have a name brand, etc. ESPN hiring white analyst for the NHL broadcasts...are they getting hired because they're white or because they played in the NHL and supposed to bring the player insight to the telecast.

We just have a different POV on this.
When you have little to no command of the English language though its different. These folks are paid to speak for a living

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have little to no command of the English language though its different. These folks are paid to speak for a living

Agree 100% but that lends itself to my point.

Did Warren Sapp get hired because he was black or did he get hired because he was a great DT in the NFL?

I think if Warren Sapp wasn't a multiple time pro bowler, Superbowl winner, he would not have gotten hired in sports media because he can barely put a proper sentence together.

Ideally you want every former player that gets one of these media jobs to articulate like a Jamie Dukes or Tony Romo, but not all of them do. Circling back to our point...I think these guys get hired because they think fans want to hear the player opinion....ESPN hired some duds.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did Warren Sapp get hired because he was black or did he get hired because he was a great DT in the NFL?

I think if Warren Sapp wasn't a multiple time pro bowler, Superbowl winner, he would not have gotten hired in sports media because he can barely put a proper sentence together.

Ideally you want every former player that gets one of these media jobs to articulate like a Jamie Dukes or Tony Romo, but not all of them do. Circling back to our point...I think these guys get hired because they think fans want to hear the player opinion....ESPN hired some duds.
You are probably right.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Romo, but I think he tries to forecast the play too much or he did, I haven't heard him much this yr yet.

Cuz you only watch Steelers.....

I'm able to comment on POS Burfict's elbow because I saw it.

I can say Romo should quit yapping constantly because I seen him every week.

I think they should take a page out of Brit soccer broadcaster's handbooks and go for minimal vocal eruptions from the trained chimps.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if you axe me...... The audience is not just folks like me. BLM.....

I knowed that he pulled a rabbit out of his head (Jason Witten)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz you only watch Steelers.....

I'm able to comment on POS Burfict's elbow because I saw it.

I can say Romo should quit yapping constantly because I seen him every week.

I think they should take a page out of Brit soccer broadcaster's handbooks and go for minimal vocal eruptions from the trained chimps.

Mostly...lol I watch the Falcons every week and if the 4p or national games are competitive...I'll watch...for instance, I watched the entire SNF...KC @ NE...a rarity but I made it all 4Qs, great game.

Burfict...really a sad case...guy is easily one of the best LBs in football but he can't get out of his own way with this cheap, edge of the rules stuff. Maybe one day he'll get it, you can be a badass in football w/o going below the belt.

Less is more...agree 100%...seems the Euros have this sports broadcasting stuff figured out a bit better than US broadcast.