• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF crew

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my son and I figured out it was on the side of the screen of the team that had the ball?

I realize. But why does it have to move? Should just be in one spot, maybe up high out of the way in a corner like the rest of the free world

No matter, I hate the graphics.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-16_13-30-4.png
    upload_2018-10-16_13-30-4.png
    348.4 KB · Views: 1

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booger is there for one reason obviously. Witten is the new Madden, he talks like everyone who's watching is seeing their first NFL game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care for the MNF crew in general. Doesn't seem to be any energy or something. they just sound flat. Witten has decent insight though
He does. I've found the same thing with Tony Romo, as much as I hate to admit it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need more personality on the MNF crew. Tess is and has always been very good. Witten is lame as hell, and Booger should have stayed in CFB. It's just extremely boring. To the point, I often have the game on mute.
Meh. I'm there for the game, not the announcers.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I'm there for the game, not the announcers.

i'm with you on this one. most of the time, i'm not even listening to the announcers because i'm at a watch party or at a bar and if I am at home, i basically have the announcers tuned out and am just watching the plays.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's diversity in a nutshell. Hire a fool simply because he has the correct skin pigmentation.

Nah...that would be a quota sir.

Not sure who hired Booger, but his race was not the reason.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm with you on this one. most of the time, i'm not even listening to the announcers because i'm at a watch party or at a bar and if I am at home, i basically have the announcers tuned out and am just watching the plays.

When I'm watching by myself.

Steelers/Falcons...90% of the time I'm listening to the team radio call...the homer version is just better.

All other...90% of the time music for audio, no sound on the game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both too yappy.

The Pokes have the colour guy market cornered with those 2 and Aikman and Johnson.
Yeah, I guess that's true. I like the way Romo is so insightful and calls the play just from looking at the formation. he really brings some knowledge to the game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That's me as well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...that would be a quota sir.

Not sure who hired Booger, but his race was not the reason.
Gotta disagree. Watch the ESPN talk shows sometime (Inside the NFL , NFL Live, NBA The Jump, Get Up) All those shows have three black dudes with a white female who is trying desperately to keep things organized. ESPN definitely hires people because of their race.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten was a great player but his comments are a bit too simplistic, pretty obvious stuff. He needs to be more analytical.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booger is there for one reason obviously. Witten is the new Madden, he talks like everyone who's watching is seeing their first NFL game.

Exactly. MNF wants insight from their booth. Remember when they tried Dennis Miller? I loved him but he was "too intelligent" for the viewers.

Witten is what they need to hear, but only once which is why Booger is useless.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten was a great player but his comments are a bit too simplistic, pretty obvious stuff. He needs to be more analytical.

If you go back and listen to Romo the first half of last year vs the second half vs the start of this year it is amazing. Romo was like a fucking chihuahua in the booth to start last year. Then he settled a bit. Then he worked a lot in the offseason on his delivery and keeping his voice under control and he's better. His insight is still there but his delivery is so much better. Witten could do the same, but hasn't yet. He is going to have to work at it, being on MNF didn't help. He should have started on the B or C team at Fox to get some training and voice control.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree. Watch the ESPN talk shows sometime (Inside the NFL , NFL Live, NBA The Jump, Get Up) All those shows have three black dudes with a white female who is trying desperately to keep things organized. ESPN definitely hires people because of their race.

ESPN on air talent is multi-racial and obviously more females are moving into the jobs. The analyst talent should theoretically mirror the demographic of the sport.

Most of the former players in the NFL are what race? Black...right?

Most of the former players in the NHL are what race? White...right?

If ESPN was hiring mostly black analysts for their NHL programming...you would have a valid point....the ESPN hiring 15 black on air personalities (these are the people that went to journalism school, trained for play by play. etc.)...you might have a valid point again...ESPN hiring black analysts in the NBA or NFL...I see that as getting hired because you played the game, you have a name brand, etc. ESPN hiring white analyst for the NHL broadcasts...are they getting hired because they're white or because they played in the NHL and supposed to bring the player insight to the telecast.

We just have a different POV on this.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back and listen to Romo the first half of last year vs the second half vs the start of this year it is amazing. Romo was like a fucking chihuahua in the booth to start last year. Then he settled a bit. Then he worked a lot in the offseason on his delivery and keeping his voice under control and he's better. His insight is still there but his delivery is so much better. Witten could do the same, but hasn't yet. He is going to have to work at it, being on MNF didn't help. He should have started on the B or C team at Fox to get some training and voice control.
Good points. Witten was so good as a player, he gets automatic pass as a commentator in my book. No doubt he will improve as he learns the ropes.