• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB to Mull Over Return to Individual Team Uniforms For All-Star Game

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the most recent edition of Major League Baseball’s All-Star Game in the books, league officials are reportedly considering returning to tradition and having players wear their own respective team uniform in the Midsummer Classic.

According to the Canadian Press, MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred told the Baseball Writers’ Association of America on Tuesday, July 16, that ditching American League and National League uniforms in favor of team uniforms might be on the table.

“I’m aware of the sentiment on this issue,” Manfred said. “I think where my head is on it, it’s something we’re going to have a conversation about coming out of the All-Star Game. We’ve got a lot of uniform things going on. And, obviously, the conversations have to involve the players first and foremost but Nike, some of our partners. But I am aware of the sentiment, and I do know why people kind of like that tradition.”

Players wore their individual team uniforms in All-Star Games from 1933 (AL) or 1934 (NL) until 2019, with teams in the same league as the host team wearing home whites and teams in the opposing league wearing road greys. The All-Star Game was cancelled due to COVID in 2020, and when it returned in 2021, league uniforms were instituted for the game itself; special league uniforms had been worn for the Home Run Derby from 1997 to 2017.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the most recent edition of Major League Baseball’s All-Star Game in the books, league officials are reportedly considering returning to tradition and having players wear their own respective team uniform in the Midsummer Classic.

According to the Canadian Press, MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred told the Baseball Writers’ Association of America on Tuesday, July 16, that ditching American League and National League uniforms in favor of team uniforms might be on the table.

“I’m aware of the sentiment on this issue,” Manfred said. “I think where my head is on it, it’s something we’re going to have a conversation about coming out of the All-Star Game. We’ve got a lot of uniform things going on. And, obviously, the conversations have to involve the players first and foremost but Nike, some of our partners. But I am aware of the sentiment, and I do know why people kind of like that tradition.”

Players wore their individual team uniforms in All-Star Games from 1933 (AL) or 1934 (NL) until 2019, with teams in the same league as the host team wearing home whites and teams in the opposing league wearing road greys. The All-Star Game was cancelled due to COVID in 2020, and when it returned in 2021, league uniforms were instituted for the game itself; special league uniforms had been worn for the Home Run Derby from 1997 to 2017.
they should.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m cool with the warmup jerseys being in the theme of the host team. I always liked those. But I really miss the actual game jerseys being the game jerseys of the player’s team. I loved those authentic replicas that came with the ASG patch and had the stars and player signature sewn into them.