• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Manipulated Games? Legal?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They manipulate the baseball then freak out over spin rates which causes the pitchers to get nearly strip searched between innings. If anything during this lockout I hope the players tell mlb to screw themselves over that crap.
The pitchers who took a lot of heat during that should be pissed because we now know there were other factors in play messing with the baseballs and it wasn't them, it was MLB.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching carton and Robert’s while running on treadmill yesterday and didn’t know what they were talking about. Now it all makes since. But are we going to have to erase all of last years stats cause of this. Or possibly put a star next to last season cuz we don’t know when they were using which ball

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised the Feds haven't entered the picture on this one. If it changes the game without notifying the betters, it is actually considered illegal. A couple decades back the Feds talked about how NBA refs seemed to give top players different treatment and said that was actually illegal because it is a manipulation of the game which is illegal for betting purposes. Nail the jerks!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised the Feds haven't entered the picture on this one. If it changes the game without notifying the betters, it is actually considered illegal. A couple decades back the Feds talked about how NBA refs seemed to give top players different treatment and said that was actually illegal because it is a manipulation of the game which is illegal for betting purposes. Nail the jerks!
Eh, it is a little different though. The feds don’t really have authority over equipment do they?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They manipulate the baseball then freak out over spin rates which causes the pitchers to get nearly strip searched between innings. If anything during this lockout I hope the players tell mlb to screw themselves over that crap.
The pitchers who took a lot of heat during that should be pissed because we now know there were other factors in play messing with the baseballs and it wasn't them, it was MLB.
yeah...and blaming guys like santiego....who....did not deny it....and took an 80...game standing 80 count.....but yeah...it was a knock....out

yeah...i guess i gota .....wake up and smelll...the paper work..........aaaahhhhhmmm...used........

shred and flush...................

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it is a little different though. The feds don’t really have authority over equipment do they?
If it manipulates the outcome of the game such as runs, yes they do. It all falls into the gambling portion the Feds oversee. Could you imagine if big money was on the over and MLB used dead balls to keep the score down? That is overmuch criminal.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it manipulates the outcome of the game such as runs, yes they do. It all falls into the gambling portion the Feds oversee. Could you imagine if big money was on the over and MLB used dead balls to keep the score down? That is overmuch criminal.
I guess I don’t see it that way. I get the gambling issue but it isn’t deceiving gamblers by doctoring balls if used by everyone. This isn’t a Houston Astros or steroids issue IMO.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don’t see it that way. I get the gambling issue but it isn’t deceiving gamblers by doctoring balls if used by everyone. This isn’t a Houston Astros or steroids issue IMO.
It is deceiving gamblers because how do you bet the over/under final score when you don't know if they are using juiced balls or dead balls at different locations? That is the actual example of deception. It is actually the same as the Astros and/or steroids as far as gambling is concerned.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...if the feds..do it...then they must....re-enstate....pete rose.....and shoeless...joe johnson...and the rest......i smell...hypocracy....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is deceiving gamblers because how do you bet the over/under final score when you don't know if they are using juiced balls or dead balls at different locations? That is the actual example of deception. It is actually the same as the Astros and/or steroids as far as gambling is concerned.
But if it is the same ball, Vegas has a chance to change odds their line for the rest of the games since it is 162. I know there is federal law but the NBA and NFL scandals haven’t affected anything when it was legit gambling related. The more important thing is the MLBPA should gain power because MLB screwed over the pitchers with the switch then screwed them again with the substances they used.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if it is the same ball, Vegas has a chance to change odds their line for the rest of the games since it is 162
We should know which baseball was used in which games, and why. Was it entirely random, or did MLB intentionally juice specific games like, say, the nationally broadcast Field of Dreams Game? The best-case scenario is it was random. The worst case is it was intentional, which would create major competitive integrity questions given MLB's full on embrace of gambling revenue.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should know which baseball was used in which games, and why. Was it entirely random, or did MLB intentionally juice specific games like, say, the nationally broadcast Field of Dreams Game? The best-case scenario is it was random. The worst case is it was intentional, which would create major competitive integrity questions given MLB's full on embrace of gambling revenue.

I get all of it, I just don’t the real issue. If the gamblers want to take on MLB over something is the replay booth.