• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mixon and Burfict Back for Miami

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict is on exempt list for a week, but I imagine the corresponding move will be to add Eifert to IR.

How much playing time do you think each get? I imagine Mixon will be more involved because he has only had two weeks off, Burfict 4 plus half the preseason due to injuries. I think Burfict will see maybe 20-25% of the snaps on defense just to get him some time and try to build up football conditioning.

Our defense has been uncharacteristically poor, especially given the talent we have at all phases of the defense. What do you think needs to be done to maximize the efforts of the defense and to get off the field on 3rd down?

Our offense has been better than I thought they would be, and our defense has been much worse than I thought they could even be. I have a tough time gauging Miami. They look like a good team and then get their asses handed to them by NE. I mean they have the same syndrome as us when we play Pittsburgh as when they play NE.

Miami is hard for me to get a gauge on, anyone else have some insight as to the match up?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals should win this game by at least 10

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals should win this game by at least 10

You think? What leads you to believe we are that much better than another 3-1 team? I am just curious as to your reasoning is all, not questioning you.

Miami owns us since we have been in the league also. Only SF has a better record against us winning percentage wise.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think? What leads you to believe we are that much better than another 3-1 team? I am just curious as to your reasoning is all, not questioning you.

Miami owns us since we have been in the league also. Only SF has a better record against us winning percentage wise.

I don't think their defense matches up particularly well with Cincinnati's offense. And Dalton is very solid right now. And the game is in Cincy, Miami has the look of one of those youngish teams that looks completely different home vs away.

I'll say, final score: Bengals 30, Dolphins 20

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put my prediction in the game thread (need to think about it), but I don't think Miami is any good. I think their 3-0 record was more a function of an easy/fluky schedule. Their one quality win was against Tennessee in a home game that had something like 3 or 4 hours of lightning delays. It was also Vrabel's first game for Tennessee.

Of course, it would be very Bengal-like to follow last weeks inspiring win with a complete egg-laying in front of the home crowd. And Dalton is definitely due for a "Bad Andy" week. Those are really my only concerns. Assuming the Bengals play to their potential, this should be an easy victory.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put my prediction in the game thread (need to think about it), but I don't think Miami is any good. I think their 3-0 record was more a function of an easy/fluky schedule. Their one quality win was against Tennessee in a home game that had something like 3 or 4 hours of lightning delays. It was also Vrabel's first game for Tennessee.

Of course, it would be very Bengal-like to follow last weeks inspiring win with a complete egg-laying in front of the home crowd. And Dalton is definitely due for a "Bad Andy" week. Those are really my only concerns. Assuming the Bengals play to their potential, this should be an easy victory.

Wasn't the Carolina game two weeks ago bad enough to last a few weeks longer and ward off bad Andy?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins games are always wonky.

The Thursday night one years ago when Atkins tore his ACL gave me PTSD.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the Carolina game two weeks ago bad enough to last a few weeks longer and ward off bad Andy?

I honestly didn't think any of those picks were his fault. Receivers quitting on routes and letting the ball go off their helmets didn't help. Maybe one of those picks was on him.... At most.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn't think any of those picks were his fault. Receivers quitting on routes and letting the ball go off their helmets didn't help. Maybe one of those picks was on him.... At most.

My "remembered" impression of the plays, none were on him, but that doesn't mean the game wasn't kind of shoddy by him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, Burfict has been around 30+ snaps coming off suspensions. Exception for once when he hit 50+ when Maualuga went down and they were already thin at LB.

I expect about 35-40 snaps.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "remembered" impression of the plays, none were on him, but that doesn't mean the game wasn't kind of shoddy by him.
Hard to say, honestly. Take away 2 of those INTs that weren't hid fault, and they may pull it out. They were in that game the whole way despite the turnovers, and shoddy Defense.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say, honestly. Take away 2 of those INTs that weren't hid fault, and they may pull it out. They were in that game the whole way despite the turnovers, and shoddy Defense.

I agree. I think it was impressive that we still had a chance given how bad folks played around Dalton. He's been light's out this season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And kudos to Bill Lazor.... He's designed an offense that perfectly fits Dalton. We'll see what happens when some teams get film on the offense. But for now, it's impressive.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And kudos to Bill Lazor.... He's designed an offense that perfectly fits Dalton. We'll see what happens when some teams get film on the offense. But for now, it's impressive.

Helps when someone steps up to be that #2 WR opposite AJ also. Boyd has really become a gem of a WR. I still think they need to play Erickson a whole lot more on offense. With Tate's big man abilities, I would try him out wide opposite AJ with Boyd in the slot. That will make the defense cover Tate 1-1 and by the looks of it, it may not be fast, but he out positions and fights DB's for the ball. That can go along way.

He has 11 TD's and 6 INT's and the only one I can think of that was purely his fault was the 1st one (his first pass of the season that the Colts returned for a TD) (the screen to Mixon).

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helps when someone steps up to be that #2 WR opposite AJ also. Boyd has really become a gem of a WR. I still think they need to play Erickson a whole lot more on offense. With Tate's big man abilities, I would try him out wide opposite AJ with Boyd in the slot. That will make the defense cover Tate 1-1 and by the looks of it, it may not be fast, but he out positions and fights DB's for the ball. That can go along way.

He has 11 TD's and 6 INT's and the only one I can think of that was purely his fault was the 1st one (his first pass of the season that the Colts returned for a TD) (the screen to Mixon).

Not only has Boyd helped, but AJ in the slot really caused issues for defenses as they can't roll the safety his way in a traditional sense.

Then you add in the RBs out if the backfield, and you have to pick your poison as a defense. As long as the OL continues to hold up, Dalton can carry this offense. Funny to say.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only has Boyd helped, but AJ in the slot really caused issues for defenses as they can't roll the safety his way in a traditional sense.

Then you add in the RBs out if the backfield, and you have to pick your poison as a defense. As long as the OL continues to hold up, Dalton can carry this offense. Funny to say.

As long as the offensive line holds up. That is for sure the key. I would like to see us start grinding out more yards on the ground to alleviate some of that burden on Dalton. I like a balanced attack.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No kidding. How many years did we have to watch Chad Johnson get taken out of the game because they wouldn't find creative ways to move him around? Then we watched the same shit happen with AJ Green. You can't continue to line up your top playmaker and let the D simply bracket him.