• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mistakes by a different color

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hamlin's crew makes a mistake and 3 members are suspended 4 races. Certainly their mistake could have caused a significant wreck.

Kyle Busch makes a mistake, causes a wreck and gets second place points.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hamlin's crew makes a mistake and 3 members are suspended 4 races. Certainly their mistake could have caused a significant wreck.

Kyle Busch makes a mistake, causes a wreck and gets second place points.
Wrecks gets non race fans to watch.
Ever since dumping drivers for wins became ok to do. Dont know why you would be surprised accidentally causing a wreck is ok.

I am surprised they suspended three of Denny's top crew guys for 4 races.
Crew Chief or Car chief but both? But ok. Then suspend his engineer? What does he have to do with securing the weights?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrecks gets non race fans to watch.
Ever since dumping drivers for wins became ok to do. Dont know why you would be surprised accidentally causing a wreck is ok.

I am surprised they suspended three of Denny's top crew guys for 4 races.
Crew Chief or Car chief but both? But ok. Then suspend his engineer? What does he have to do with securing the weights?

During the broadcast they spoke about how seriously NASCAR feels about this. They (the broadcast team) expected as much.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the broadcast they spoke about how seriously NASCAR feels about this. They (the broadcast team) expected as much.
we all knew there would be suspensions & fines. but the top three guys on a team is a bit of BS. (for 4 races not one)
Granted JGR can weather that storm but what if this was a smaller team. That could end them.
penalties has to be consistent in Nascar. Again if they can have a reason behind it. (those particular people) So be it.
For the life of me I can't see how the Engineer has anything to do with it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all knew there would be suspensions & fines. but the top three guys on a team is a bit of BS. (for 4 races not one)
Granted JGR can weather that storm but what if this was a smaller team. That could end them.
penalties has to be consistent in Nascar. Again if they can have a reason behind it. (those particular people) So be it.

Safety first.

I'm with the way NASCAR handled it.

I wouldn't want to hit a titanium brick at 200 mph.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happened to Carl Long because an engine he bought from Ganassi was 1/4th of an inch too big for an exhibition race NASCAR asked him to participate in to fill out the field.

You’re right about the smaller teams, but NASCAR has been harder on the little guys than the big guys in the past

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, NASCAR used to make judgement calls on penalties for rough driving. There was a time when Busch might have been black flagged.

Thankfully those days are over

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happened to Carl Long because an engine he bought from Ganassi was 1/4th of an inch too big for an exhibition race NASCAR asked him to participate in to fill out the field.

You’re right about the smaller teams, but NASCAR has been harder on the little guys than the big guys in the past
I remember that.
Carl Long had a lot of the sports main guys lobby for him. To no avail but the gesture was nice.