• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miss St ranking proves SEC bias

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought who you beat meant more to the committee than who you lost to.

I thought wrong.

Miss St… 1-1 vs top 25 teams.

BU… 3-1 vs top 25 teams.

TCU… 3-1 vs top 25 teams.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought wrong.

BU… 3-1 vs top 25 teams.

But Miss. State's loss was a good loss. :rollseyes:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought wrong.

BU… 3-1 vs top 25 teams.

WAY wrong, Baylor beat TCU head to head, yet TCU is ranked higher in the BS "playoff" poll, the whole notion of a "national champion" is ridiculous until a REAL playoff including ALL conference champs is implemented. By the way, Baylor's loss was NOT to a top 25 team........

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rankings don't drop off after the top25. Is playing the #25 team that much better than playing the #26 team?

I personally wouldn't put Miss St in the top4, because they have a OOC schedule fit for a bottom feeder trying to get bowl eligible. However, actual SoS rankings are as follows:

Miss St: #36
Baylor: #59
TCU #37

And honestly, I will be surprised if Miss St is there for the final 4 even if they win out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAY wrong, Baylor beat TCU head to head, yet TCU is ranked higher in the BS "playoff" poll, the whole notion of a "national champion" is ridiculous until a REAL playoff including ALL conference champs is implemented. By the way, Baylor's loss was NOT to a top 25 team........

If your conference champion isn't among the best, there is a reason for it. The overwhelming majority of the time the conference champions will be the ones in the final 4. When it doesn't happen, there is a reason for it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ooops… I made another mistake. BU has a terrible loss… to a 5-loss shitty team. My bad…

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rankings don't drop off after the top25. Is playing the #25 team that much better than playing the #26 team?

I personally wouldn't put Miss St in the top4, because they have a OOC schedule fit for a bottom feeder trying to get bowl eligible. However, actual SoS rankings are as follows:

Miss St: #36
Baylor: #59
TCU #37

And honestly, I will be surprised if Miss St is there for the final 4 even if they win out.

MSU has 1 win over an overrated AU team. Everyone was just claiming Arky as the hottest team in the country until they got spanked at home by a Mizzou team that lost at home to a terrible IU team.

The SEC bias is strong…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU has 1 win over an overrated AU team. Everyone was just claiming Arky as the hottest team in the country until they got spanked at home by a Mizzou team that lost at home to a terrible IU team.

The SEC bias is strong…

Then why are you against a real playoff? A real playoff with every leagues champion included would render any bias moot. It is not just SEC bias, it is name team bias, I f Ohio State and NW both go 11-1, OSU is in and NW is out.
YET you are biased to the B12, you want to talk the SEC down for saying the exact things you say about the B12

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are you against a real playoff? A real playoff with every leagues champion included would render any bias moot. It is not just SEC bias, it is name team bias, I f Ohio State and NW both go 11-1, OSU is in and NW is out.
YET you are biased to the B12, you want to talk the SEC down for saying the exact things you say about the B12

DAD… I am a WVU homer… a Big 12 homer. I love Dana… I love Luck. What is your point?

I don't think a winner from the Sun Belt… MAC… CUSA… are deserving of inclusion in a playoff. I don't see the need to add additional games with their inclusion. It serves no purpose. They are not on the same playing field.

A shitty team like WVU would beat the conference champion of any Group 5 team. So… why should teams be forced to add additional stress and possible injury to play and wipe out one of these teams?

I am in favor of an 8 team playoff. We will move to this format soon. I have been a proponent of an 8 team playoff for over a decade. Now that we have the Power 5, I think it makes even more sense.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD… I am a WVU homer… a Big 12 homer. I love Dana… I love Luck. What is your point?

I don't think a winner from the Sun Belt… MAC… CUSA… are deserving of inclusion in a playoff. I don't see the need to add additional games with their inclusion. It serves no purpose. They are not on the same playing field.

A shitty team like WVU would beat the conference champion of any Group 5 team. So… why should teams be forced to add additional stress and possible injury to play and wipe out one of these teams?

I am in favor of an 8 team playoff. We will move to this format soon. I have been a proponent of an 8 team playoff for over a decade. Now that we have the Power 5, I think it makes even more sense.

You saying the MAC, SB, CUSA, AAC, MWC do not deserve a spot is no different than SEC homers saying that the ACC, B12, B11, and PAC don't belong. IF the "power five" leagues are so sure the lesser leagues don't belong, then PROVE IT ON THE FIELD!!!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the conf championship is so important how can Miss St and Bama both make the playoff???:scratch:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the conf championship is so important how can Miss St and Bama both make the playoff???:scratch:

Wait for it to happen first.

I will be surprised if it does.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are not even conference champ, how the hell can you be national champ? How can TCU be ranked higher than Baylor? People who don't want a real playoff say it makes the season meaningless, just how much more meaningless can it get than when you ignore the games?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are not even conference champ, how the hell can you be national champ? How can TCU be ranked higher than Baylor? People who don't want a real playoff say it makes the season meaningless, just how much more meaningless can it get than when you ignore the games?

Conference champ is just a label, so I don't agree with you there.

But I do put Baylor above TCU because of head to head. That part seems silly to me.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference champ is just a label, so I don't agree with you there.

But I do put Baylor above TCU because of head to head. That part seems silly to me.

Yea, I don't get how you can rank two one loss teams who have played each other with the one who lost ahead:noidea: