• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Misleading headlines...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos' Flacco: It's not my job to groom Lock

I hate when the media does this. The headline of this article reads, "Broncos' Flacco: It's not my job to groom Lock." This makes him sound like he is being a dick. When you click on the article, Joe is saying all the right things. He was obviously asked the direct question about grooming Lock and he didn't jump up and down and say that he is going to take him under his wing and train him to take his job as soon as possible, so the media interprets it and twists his words to come up with that headline. His quotes are basically saying that he is learning a new system himself and that OC Rich Scangarello is doing a great job at teaching all the QBs this new system and Lock would learn more from Scangarello than anyone. But his job is to come in and win games. He even goes on to say, "Listen, I hope he does learn from me because that means we're out there and we're slinging it around and having a lot of fun.'' What do they expect him to say?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the media’s job isn’t to be accurate anymore it’s to generate ratings. We all know this. I am with you though. It’s tiresome to be unable to read most sports news sources because of how awful they are.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is also trying to prove the doubters wrong. He lost his starting job last year after being injured and is now coming into a brand new system, team and city. His focus should be only on his own play and trying to win games as a Denver Bronco. I also think he said all the right things but the media loves to twist this stuff around. Yeah, it gets old but I usually just ignore it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - I don't think it is misleading as that is the essence of Flacco said. Peyton Manning wasn't spending a lot of time with Oz either - Flacco's job - like he said is to win football games and learn the new system. If Lock is smart - he will learn from Flacco's example.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't disagree that the media spins the headlines to stretch the truth. I do think Joe owns some of it though. I thought I read something where he made some comments about Jackson at the end of the year. It also seems like for one reason or another Flacco is not a media darling and I don't know that I know any good reason why.

It is up to the coaching staff to teach the system, but it is always good when you have a vet at the position to help the development of the young guy. The more Lock improves it will push Joe to be better. Right? Isn't that what the NFL is all about? Competition to be better? It seems to me that Joe is scared that Lock might be able to take the job from him, and if he can hold back his development a little it gives him that much longer. This is not my mindset. I am always willing to help and coach others learn to be better. Lets face it if Joe is good he will keep the starting job, and if he does lose it to Lock for some reason there is such a void of QB talent in the NFL that he will get other opportunities.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather Flacco right now be the QB1 not a teacher. Learn the system , watch San Fran tape. Lock needs alot of fundamental work anyways right now. Lock needs to watch and learn what it takes to be a professional QB in Denver. Flacco is trying to win ball games.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the get-go, the Broncos have have done everything possible to avoid a QB controversy, all while serving Lock up with a pretty decent amount of tough love ...

Both Elway and Fangio used the same line when talking about Lock : "He'll come in and compete for the backup spot" ( yes, with Kevin Hogan, as both of 'em said this before the draft ended and we signed Rypien )

Joe comes out and says what he did - all good and well - but he doesn't even mention Lock's name ..

I think there are a few things here :

1) Fangio is a different breed of coach and he's going to field a team of both physically and mentally tough players

2) I get the feeling that Elway wants to use a very different approach to Lock than with Lynch ... I get the impression that Lynch was not a student of the game and probably did not dedicate himself to the NFL game .. He may have felt entitled as a 1st round pick with all the physical tools, and the way Elway has handled Lock has been no different than if Lock was an undrafted FA - he'll have to work his tail off and nothing will come easy ..

And don't expect our starter to train you

I also have the feeling that all of this has been discussed with everyone in the organization and that Joe Flacco's comments come as no surprise ...

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of it is to the personality of the starting QB. If Keenum was here he would have said something like I will do whatever I can to help Drew so we can be the best football team possible. Flacco is not the same type of guy Keenum is. I would saw Flacco is maybe a be more me first team second where some other guys are more team first me second.

I think at the QB position both can work in the right situation. Flacco seems to have a personality could rub coaches and GMs the wrong way at times. If there is a reasonable replacement you maybe go that way instead of dealing with Joe.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farve, Manning, Brees, Marino, Elway, Rogers...

None of the greatest of all time did that with their backups, why should Flacco?

Besides, there's a few characteristics that Joe has I don't want Lock to learn.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, there's a few characteristics that Joe has I don't want Lock to learn.

lol

There's more POTM material right there

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently an airport shuttle carrying Lock and Fant crashed at LAX. So TMZ talked to Lock and asked him about the alleged rift between him and Flacco. Lock had no comments about what Flacco said, and stated that he is already learning from Flacco. You can find the video on TMZ's website.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently an airport shuttle carrying Lock and Fant crashed at LAX. So TMZ talked to Lock and asked him about the alleged rift between him and Flacco. Lock had no comments about what Flacco said, and stated that he is already learning from Flacco. You can find the video on TMZ's website.
TMZ is probably a 1/2 step above the National Enquirer.

I hate when media outlets try to manufacture a QB controversy just to increase ratings.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning basically said the same thing in 2012 about Brock. He was there but would expect Brock to seek him out for help and advice.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate when media outlets try to manufacture a QB controversy just to increase ratings.

I normally have no idea what TMZ is doing but the video popped up on one of my social media accounts because it is Broncos related.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know some people don’t like what TMZ does but they didn’t do anything wrong in this video.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some people don’t like what TMZ does but they didn’t do anything wrong in this video.
The story that goes along with the video implies a “possible rift” when there is none. That’s what I’m referring to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos' Flacco: It's not my job to groom Lock

I hate when the media does this. The headline of this article reads, "Broncos' Flacco: It's not my job to groom Lock." This makes him sound like he is being a dick. When you click on the article, Joe is saying all the right things. He was obviously asked the direct question about grooming Lock and he didn't jump up and down and say that he is going to take him under his wing and train him to take his job as soon as possible, so the media interprets it and twists his words to come up with that headline. His quotes are basically saying that he is learning a new system himself and that OC Rich Scangarello is doing a great job at teaching all the QBs this new system and Lock would learn more from Scangarello than anyone. But his job is to come in and win games. He even goes on to say, "Listen, I hope he does learn from me because that means we're out there and we're slinging it around and having a lot of fun.'' What do they expect him to say?

greed... and we see this same bull all the time. So, for one, its a dumb question to ask. This is a bottom line business and its a very competitive one, from both a macro and micro level. Every time those dudes step on the practice or game field, it could be their last. One bad game, one bad throw, one dropped pass or missed tackle and someone else gets a shot and you may never see the field again. So yea, if you're a dude like Joe who's edging closer to the end of his career, he's not going to neccessairly perpetuate or hasten that end by "grooming" his replacement. That flies in the face of everything these guys are. Joe's job, like he said, is to prepare himself to win football games. Coaching is someone elses job.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the Starter you lead by acting like the Starter. There is plenty confirmation that Flacco is a convincing starter on the field with his teammates.