• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minny@GB

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are these numbers you ask? Why these would be rushing yards allowed in the Packers defeats the last two seasons. I know Pettine was basically forced on Lafleur by management when he got the job, but why was he allowed to keep his job after last season? You would think Lafleur wants one of his Shanahan frat brothers as DC.
This team had two glaring needs going into the offseason, wide receiver and run defense. We got a 3rd string QB that doesn't suit up, a running back we didn't need, and an H back. Oh and we signed a linebacker with a history of injuries, specifically shoulder injuries whos sitting on the IR with....you guessed it a shoulder injury

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are these numbers you ask? Why these would be rushing yards allowed in the Packers defeats the last two seasons. I know Pettine was basically forced on Lafleur by management when he got the job, but why was he allowed to keep his job after last season? You would think Lafleur wants one of his Shanahan frat brothers as DC.
This team had two glaring needs going into the offseason, wide receiver and run defense. We got a 3rd string QB that doesn't suit up, a running back we didn't need, and an H back. Oh and we signed a linebacker with a history of injuries, specifically shoulder injuries whos sitting on the IR with....you guessed it a shoulder injury
The 2020 draft may just be the worst in Packer's history. Gutenkunst only signs street free agents cut by other teams and is not aggressive.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not only are there wrong people on the field but in the front office as well. It will only change for the better when they get the right people in charge. The decisions being made have been disastrous. These decisions have been by people who don’t know football.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only are there wrong people on the field but in the front office as well. It will only change for the better when they get the right people in charge. The decisions being made have been disastrous. These decisions have been by people who don’t know football.
I wonder if Mark Murphy is responsible for the inaction on personnel decisions.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Mark Murphy is responsible for the inaction on personnel decisions.
I would have to say he is part of the problem. I don’t know how the decisions are made in the GB organization but I do see the results. I don’t expect them to get it right all the time but their track record has been horrible specifically on the defensive side of the ball. How many drafts have they focused on defense and the results haven’t changed on the field? How many free agents have been available only to see go to a rival? I get it, money is a huge factor in all this and they are always focused on being competitive in the future. The problem with that is the results we are seeing now. Can you imagine the problems GB would give their opponents if Rodgers had 2 pro bowl type receivers to throw to?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to say he is part of the problem. I don’t know how the decisions are made in the GB organization but I do see the results. I don’t expect them to get it right all the time but their track record has been horrible specifically on the defensive side of the ball. How many drafts have they focused on defense and the results haven’t changed on the field? How many free agents have been available only to see go to a rival? I get it, money is a huge factor in all this and they are always focused on being competitive in the future. The problem with that is the results we are seeing now. Can you imagine the problems GB would give their opponents if Rodgers had 2 pro bowl type receivers to throw to?
The Packers passed up an opportunity to draft MLB Queen in this year's draft. Drafting a QB in the first round was a bonehead decision.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers passed up an opportunity to draft MLB Queen in this year's draft. Drafting a QB in the first round was a bonehead decision.
This is exactly what im talking about when i say changes need to be made up top. i know we are just fans but if we can see that a big part of your defensive struggles is the LB position and has been for years, you would think they would have at least picked up one impact player to help. Now, have they tried? yea, to a degree but have they got it wrong more than they have got it right? i would say yes as well. if you ask me, somebody in the decision making department needs to be replaced with someone who gets it right more than he/she gets it wrong.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what im talking about when i say changes need to be made up top. i know we are just fans but if we can see that a big part of your defensive struggles is the LB position and has been for years, you would think they would have at least picked up one impact player to help. Now, have they tried? yea, to a degree but have they got it wrong more than they have got it right? i would say yes as well. if you ask me, somebody in the decision making department needs to be replaced with someone who gets it right more than he/she gets it wrong.
Agreed.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A key change that needs to be made at the top is that draft management and coaching philosophies need to develop a cohesive direction. For example, the Packers top 3 CBs are all high-round picks and each good football players. Alexander, King and Jackson are all very good press man coverage guys, but Pettine deploys a high percentage of zone coverages - contrary to the strengths of his players. Either get players that fit your schemes or deploy schemes that fits your players.

Personally, I like press man because it's an aggressive defense. I think we have the players to have one of the best secondaries in the league, but our usage of those players is inadequate.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In those losses, the only one that I can excuse is Tampa Bay. In yesterday's case, who do you think has a better chance of beating you, Cousins or Cook? In the San Fran games, I'd take my chances with Jimmy G making the plays over their RBs, but in both cases he didn't play the run or his players didn't play the scheme, or they really suck. Either Pettine is on dumb SOB or he is getting some really bad info from somebody.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In those losses, the only one that I can excuse is Tampa Bay. In yesterday's case, who do you think has a better chance of beating you, Cousins or Cook? In the San Fran games, I'd take my chances with Jimmy G making the plays over their RBs, but in both cases he didn't play the run or his players didn't play the scheme, or they really suck. Either Pettine is on dumb SOB or he is getting some really bad info from somebody.
I never was impressed with Pettine.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A key change that needs to be made at the top is that draft management and coaching philosophies need to develop a cohesive direction. For example, the Packers top 3 CBs are all high-round picks and each good football players. Alexander, King and Jackson are all very good press man coverage guys, but Pettine deploys a high percentage of zone coverages - contrary to the strengths of his players. Either get players that fit your schemes or deploy schemes that fits your players.

Personally, I like press man because it's an aggressive defense. I think we have the players to have one of the best secondaries in the league, but our usage of those players is inadequate.
Prime example of philosophies clashing. Which further supports my idea of the wrong people making decisions.