• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Minny @ GB

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t know why they brought him back. I knew this defense why find a way to let minny back in it.
I'm really.... really hating the roughing the passer rule

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been going both ways. Terrible reffing all around
I saw someone swipe Cousin's helmet once, but let's be honest, that hasn't really been called at all since the one year they made it a point of emphasis. I'd be interested in what else you saw.

And that roughing the passer call on Clay was absolutely ridiculous. There's absolutely nothing that could justify that call. I give the Vikings credit for tying the game and getting it to OT. But my main concern at that time, to be honest, was that nobody gets seriously hurt, as they shouldn't have been on the field anymore.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should look at this as a win considering minny has the better team but GB had this game and something we’ve seen time and time again over the years is the defense failing to earn its pay check.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind it too much when they get beat, but I very much mind it when they play like idiots. Today was one of the dumbest set of plays in the 4th quarter I've seen in 40 years of football. These guys need to get their heads examined for how stupid they were today in the 4th quarter.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense needed to score a TD on that int late in the game.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt able to watch the game live as I was traveling back from a mini vacation with the family so I only got bits and pieces of videos.

The penalty on CMIII was trash. I havent seen the call an Kendricks but I wouldnt doubt it was bad because the officiating of this particular penalty has become a joke. I saw the phantom hold on Taylor that took a TD away from Graham. It was a bad call but I could see why the called it from behind. Taylor's arm was up around the neck and the defender tripped on the stunt, but that doesnt make it any less of a bad call. Several other rough calls both ways.

I liked the aggression late trying to go for the win but he cant throw passes on both second and third down when they have two timeouts left. We needed to run the ball on third down.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the aggression late trying to go for the win but he cant throw passes on both second and third down when they have two timeouts left. We needed to run the ball on third down.

I liked the aggression on second down when everyone expected a run, but would've liked a screen on third down.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the aggression on second down when everyone expected a run, but would've liked a screen on third down.
Correct. Hell I would have been fine with a run up the middle. Anything to force a TO to be used.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Hell I would have been fine with a run up the middle. Anything to force a TO to be used.

A run would've been stuffed. A screen gets the ball quickly into a playmaker's hands in space and provides a better opportunity yardage while still eating up clock and a timeout if he doesn't score. Saying "anything to force a TO to be used" is playing 'to not-lose' instead of 'to win'. I like that McCarthy and Rodgers were aggressive there, I just think they could've been a little smarter about it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A run would've been stuffed. A screen gets the ball quickly into a playmaker's hands in space and provides a better opportunity yardage while still eating up clock and a timeout if he doesn't score. Saying "anything to force a TO to be used" is playing 'to not-lose' instead of 'to win'. I like that McCarthy and Rodgers were aggressive there, I just think they could've been a little smarter about it.
A screen also has a chance to be incomplete or worse. A run would have forced the use of a TO, which was the point of my suggestion.

Our red zone efficiency was terrible. I am hoping as Rodgers starts to trust the knee he will have improved mobility.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call on CMIII was a complete failure on the ref. If one didn’t know better one could say there was something fishy in Denmark. Earlier in the game when Daniels gave up on cousins when he had him in his meat hooks shows how f’ed up the roughing the passer rule is. It’s literally causing defenders to give up on plays so they don’t get a penalty.

The int should have been ball game. But that doesn’t excuse the defense not getting a stop afterwards. Sadly, I don’t know where they go from here.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were gassed by the end. From everything I have watched and read the defense got really porous when House replaced King.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The int should have been ball game. But that doesn’t excuse the defense not getting a stop afterwards. Sadly, I don’t know where they go from here.

The defense did get stops, they just didn't officially count. House needs to get pushed to the absolute bottom of the CB depth chart. Beyond that, I thought the D played pretty well. They were obviously getting tired in the 4th Q and OT; you're going to see that early in the season every year since starters don't play in the preseason.

The Vikings are a very good playoff team. Next four games are against the Skins, Bills, Lions and 9ers. If we get similar results in those four games there's something to be concerned about.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense did get stops, they just didn't officially count. House needs to get pushed to the absolute bottom of the CB depth chart. Beyond that, I thought the D played pretty well. They were obviously getting tired in the 4th Q and OT; you're going to see that early in the season every year since starters don't play in the preseason.

The Vikings are a very good playoff team. Next four games are against the Skins, Bills, Lions and 9ers. If we get similar results in those four games there's something to be concerned about.

I'm really surprised House made the team. I think they should have kept one of the younger guys with more speed and potential.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really surprised House made the team. I think they should have kept one of the younger guys with more speed and potential.
They wanted a second vet at the position. Plus he is still a very physical DB. He just isnt a burner. With that said, the Safety has to be there too.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MN cut their kicker. Too bad. I was hoping for more misses.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MN cut their kicker. Too bad. I was hoping for more misses.

Watch Gostkowski get hurt next week, the Pats bring in Carlson and he ends up kicking the game winning FG to beat the Vikings in the SB. ...Right after Bailey misses one.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Gostkowski get hurt next week, the Pats bring in Carlson and he ends up kicking the game winning FG to beat the Vikings in the SB. ...Right after Bailey misses one.

Funny, but I'd really hate to see the Vikes in the Super Bowl.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, but I'd really hate to see the Vikes in the Super Bowl.
I think it would be funny for them to be 0 - 5 all time in the Superbowl

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were gassed by the end. From everything I have watched and read the defense got really porous when House replaced King.

And why were they gassed? You get pretty tired when you can’t get off the field. Don’t get me wrong, they played well in spurts but they have to do it for 60 minutes. I thought the refs screwed them a couple times but we can’t blame the refs for the defense giving up 425 yds in the air. I looked at cousins stats against the niners at home and he threw for a little over 220 yds. I realize House was part of the sieve in the secondary and you have to question why they brought him back. I know they wanted the experience but that experience didn’t help the defense for shit. Also, they only had 2 sacks which combined with the 425 yds tells me they are still not getting the pressure necessary to influence games. I’m still waiting for the defense to turn the corner.