• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minkah Fitzpatrick Now A Steeler

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!

Lot of what ifs going on in PIT right now I sure...such as...what if they had the OFC support on the same level.
With that, I wonder if they would have still made the trade if they had Ben, AB and Bell on offense?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that, I wonder if they would have still made the trade if they had Ben, AB and Bell on offense?

Probably not, but I can say this...there have been people in the building that never thought Davis should be moved to FS and never thought he would be retained as a FS beyond this season.

Probably not because I think MIA jumped on PIT's offer thinking that pick would be the best...with Ben, they probably don't see the pick the same way and either ask for more, or take another offer with a projected higher pick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!

Lot of what ifs going on in PIT right now I sure...such as...what if they had the OFC support on the same level.

And don't forget about Tuitt, who WAS on a pro-bowl, if not all-pro, caliber season before going down to injury. Tuitt was wrecking offensive lines this year. Such a shame he went down. This defense would be a nightmare with him still healthy.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ You know I totally forgot about him. The d-line has been holding up so well that I did. Granted W/O him they are worse but they adjusted well within his absence.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A dolphins fan I argue with told me
Minkah was not a loss to them.

he’s reverted big time.

I have too. Wow was I wrong

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that your pal Paolo? Or FFF?
FFF.

Paolo i just wanna be his friend. I feel bad for him:pound:

FFF is delusional. Ive actually laid out data for him, and he twists it, he lies about what i say. I even go back and quote the post, stating what i say, and two posts later, he goes back to saying i said something different. The way he talks at times too, he has to be a teen or college kid, which is fine. But i think hes drunk posting, only explanation.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFF.

Paolo i just wanna be his friend. I feel bad for him:pound:

FFF is delusional. Ive actually laid out data for him, and he twists it, he lies about what i say. I even go back and quote the post, stating what i say, and two posts later, he goes back to saying i said something different. The way he talks at times too, he has to be a teen or college kid, which is fine. But i think hes drunk posting, only explanation.
FFF is remarkably bad at debating. Much like that dtgold browns fan. Both have it in their head that they don't have an agenda when they do, and all the twisting & backtracking ensues.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFF is remarkably bad at debating. Much like that dtgold browns fan. Both have it in their head that they don't have an agenda when they do, and all the twisting & backtracking ensues.
Yup spot on.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Film Room: Steelers Defense

Nice read.

Final paragraph:

So long as Pittsburgh's secondary stays healthy, especially Fitzpatrick and Edmunds, they will be able to ride these tactics out for the rest of the season. It's hard to imagine Josh Allen or Sam Darnold, whom the Steelers face over the next two weeks, will be the ones to crack the code. Lamar Jackson may be able to get the best of them in the regular season finale, but even Jackson already struggled against the Steelers pass defense in Week 5. Pittsburgh still has to win all these games in spite of their quarterback situation, but the pass defense will be able to hold up its end of the bargain to keep this unlikely season afloat.

With the offense finally looking like it has some life and ability to sustain drives, the season has gone from lost, to "can we make a WC?", to "holy shit, do we actually have a chance?"

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one play, but it's a good technical look at both the SS and FS in coverage....if Edmunds can go to school on Fitz's tape, these guys can be lethal next year.

Film Room: The Difference Between Minkah Fitzpatrick And Terrell Edmunds - Steelers Depot
Simply a wrong decision there for Edmunds. If he didn't cut that route so shallow, he was going to be in a position to intercept or break up that pass.

Edmunds is very solid in the box, and passable in intermediate-deep coverage.

I think he can grow into it though, especially having someone like Minka to help him. Next season should be a good leap for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply a wrong decision there for Edmunds. If he didn't cut that route so shallow, he was going to be in a position to intercept or break up that pass.

Edmunds is very solid in the box, and passable in intermediate-deep coverage.

I think he can grow into it though, especially having someone like Minka to help him. Next season should be a good leap for him.

Yeah, the pass was caught in the endzone...idk exactly where the zone transition handoff is from Joe Haden but Edmunds never gave himself enough depth to defend the goal line...whether he was turning his hips like Fitz or not....hopefully a lesson learned...in a win.

He's growing on me as well...still don't like him as a blitzer yet, but the tandem is very encouraging.