• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mind blowing stat

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and they say that the Seahawks have the number three ranked defense in the league. Think about it, we lost Earl Thomas, Bamm Bamm, Sherman, Richardson, Bennett, and Avril on defense but we still rank number three. KJ Wright was injured for six games. Bobby Wagner missed a couple of games but we still rank number three. Let's throw in another little detail, of the seven games we have played so far, five of them have been on the road, yet we are ranked number three. Ranking number one in the league in rushing helps but this is still a Phenomenal coaching job

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are forgetting the Hawks also had their Bye week which really helps on the "total yards" that they rate total defense on. Still they are #4 in PPG against and 5th in Yards per game against. Passing yards against per game they are 4th and Rushing yards against per game they are 17th.

the top 4, Dallas, Washington, Seattle and Chicago have all had their Bye weeks all ready. See that bye week mucks the ratings up a little.

Last edited:

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are forgetting the Hawks also had their Bye week which really helps on the "total yards" that they rate total defense on. Still they are #4 in PPG against and 5th in Yards per game against. Passing yards against per game they are 4th and Rushing yards against per game they are 17th.

the top 4, Dallas, Washington, Seattle and Chicago have all had their Bye weeks all ready. See that bye week mucks the ratings up a little.

Still pretty damn good

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely impressive with those veterans being replaced w/ young, less-experienced players... Couple standouts on the DL, LB and DB come to mind are:
  • Tre Flowers - He's a Richard Sherman clone and is already playing at a high level... Carroll knows how to groom DB's that fit into his system... That's what the great coaches do...
  • B. Mingo - He's on pace to having arguably one of his better seasons since being drafted #6 over all in the first round of the '13 draft...
  • Frank Clark - He's taken this DL on his shoulders to new heights... He had 1st round talent but his off the field decisions steered teams away... Carroll has done an amazing job grooming him and putting him in an environment that allows him to thrive... He's on pace for 15 sacks this season...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pretty damn good

Agreed but just ignoring that fact is very Bias. I am happy with the defense for the most part and had the offense been better to start the season those defensive stats would look AND would be better. I always liked Reed ( as many of you also have ) and he i think is the biggest up tick on the defense. He has been a top 10 DT in the NFL this season if you ask me.

Last edited:

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and they say that the Seahawks have the number three ranked defense in the league. Think about it, we lost Earl Thomas, Bamm Bamm, Sherman, Richardson, Bennett, and Avril on defense but we still rank number three. KJ Wright was injured for six games. Bobby Wagner missed a couple of games but we still rank number three. Let's throw in another little detail, of the seven games we have played so far, five of them have been on the road, yet we are ranked number three. Ranking number one in the league in rushing helps but this is still a Phenomenal coaching job

We'll see how that works out over the next few weeks when they play higher caliber teams.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is also coming into a brutal stretch.

GB (Rodgers), Chargers (Gordon + Rivers), Rams (Goff +.... everything), Panthers (still almost top 15) in the next 4 games. That's 3 offenses in the top 6 and Carolina has been on a roll lately (+ it's in Carolina).

Today is going to be REALLY telling. If Rivers comes in with Gordon who is coming back from an injury with false start fest Okung (that guy should get flagged WAY more than he does, I always thought he was false starting and wasn't called even when he played for Seattle. Apparently an official did too which got him fired lol) vs. Clark and completely blows up the D, I'd be concerned the next 3 games could very well be 3 losses and the defense will be out of that top 10 quickly.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll know a lot more how good this D is in the upcoming stretch, we're facing some hot teams... NFL in general has less defense though, game is really leaning towards offense, sad but true..