• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miller wins DROY, Newton wins OROY

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got it backwards on your title.

Miller DROY
Newton OROY

:lol:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller over Aldon? RAGE!

I'd like to add exhibit "Brees" to the jury
cfLf0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm holding a similar belief...

They did the voting before he got his DUI. He lost because he played something like less than half the snaps Von Miller did. That is a dagger.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton should have won it over Newton

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am willing to bet his DUI pretty much eliminated him from it since it was a close competition.

I think the voting occurred before the DUI happened.

The main thing that hurt him was Miller was more of a full time player for the entire year where Aldon was part time and really didn't start getting a good chunk of playing time towards the end of the season.

The AP is mostly stupid anyways. Justin Smith not winning DPOTY or at least getting more votes than he did proves that.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton should have won it over Newton

Did you watch them both this year? Dalton was solid (much better than I thought he would be), but Cam was incredible. He had a bad game or two, but he also won games for his team that they had no business winning. They threw the same number of passes, but Newton had 700 more yards, a higher completion percentage, and more TDs. He did this playing in an offense that only one year earlier was among the most anemic in league history. I normally agree with you, BSF, but you are dead wrong here. It really wasn't close.

Miller was the right pick for DPOY, but I thought it was much closer. Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, Patrick Peterson, Brooks Reid, Marcell Dareus and Ryan Kerrigan were all really good this year.

I found it interesting that the #1 and #2 overall picks won the two awards. That's some vindication for the scouts out there who often seem to be way off the mark.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Justin Smith played great all season no doubt a huge intangible to our defense, but didn't go Beast Mode until the playoffs.... IMHO. Vs Eli & Brees, he really went a rampage and just tore up new poop dispensers for LTs...

Aldon.... got robbed... screw Miller.