• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Millen on Alex

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I listened to that yesterday - it's a good listen and an interesting contrasting opinion to Cossell...

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I went back and read a good number of Cosell's analyses from this year on the NFL Films blog. On one hand, some of his insights are subtle and informative, stuff you won't hear anywhere else. He is pretty good at analyzing pretty subtle techniques from linemen and running backs.....though I have no idea if he was right or not, it sounded smart and sensible.

But in the end, if you look back.......his takes and predictions just aren't that accurate. More than anything, he just knows how to sound smart to NFL fans. And he has had an incredible hard-on for Smith all year, he seems to spend half his 49er analysis pointing out things Smith does wrong. The piece where he pointed out three bad decisions was almost incredible - you just don't see him writing that piece about Aaron Rodgers after he has a bad game. There is definitely a distinct sense that he is trying to salvage some crediblity after basically saying all year that Smith can't do what he did end up doing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cosell is just mad smith had that big game against the saints