• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Williams Resign with the Bucs

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

The only thing that worried me about the Revis trade and signing is now no longer a worry. Bucs should have the best WR tandem for at least 4 years now...

I also get to wear my Williams Jersey for 6 more years at least!

Pinseeker75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

The only thing that worried me about the Revis trade and signing is now no longer a worry. Bucs should have the best WR tandem for at least 4 years now...

I also get to wear my Williams Jersey for 6 more years at least!

They don't even have the best tandem in the NFC South, it's the Failclowns.....

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted this in the Bucs forum. Oh well.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't even have the best tandem in the NFC South, it's the Failclowns.....

I wouldnt take Roddy White over Jackson or Williams. I would have last year but not now, I might be wrong but I think White has lost it, he is nothing more than a possession WR. I think teams will single cover him with their best CB and then blanket Jones. I just dont see White as being the threat he was. Not saying he sucks, just that he is no longer a threat to Ds like he was.

That is what worries me about Jackson, he is kind of old, but he looked better at the end of last year then the beginning. Once he loses a step he is nothing more than a possession WR. That could happen at any moment. Luckily he seems like a Freak Athlete.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a couple of receiver tandems I'd take over the Bucs if the guys there are healthy. I think you could make a legit argument for the Falcons (Jones/White), Giants (Nicks/Cruz), Cowboys (Dez/Miles), Broncos (Thomas/Decker), maybe I'm missing some?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a couple of receiver tandems I'd take over the Bucs if the guys there are healthy. I think you could make a legit argument for the Falcons (Jones/White), Giants (Nicks/Cruz), Cowboys (Dez/Miles), Broncos (Thomas/Decker), maybe I'm missing some?

You cannot be serious.

So you would take Josh Freeman with Decker and Thomas over Manning with Jackson and Williams? That is what you are saying. That the Broncos would not Trade Thomas and Decker for Jackson and Williams right?

Dez Bryant barely has better stats than Mike Williams, so you are saying Miles Austin is head and shoulders better than Vincent Jackson? Jackson is soooo much better than Bryant and Williams is better than Austin.

Until 2013 I would have taken Jones and White also.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
resign = quitting / stepping down

re-sign = signing back on with an institute you once worker for.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot be serious.

So you would take Josh Freeman with Decker and Thomas over Manning with Jackson and Williams? That is what you are saying. That the Broncos would not Trade Thomas and Decker for Jackson and Williams right?

Dez Bryant barely has better stats than Mike Williams, so you are saying Miles Austin is head and shoulders better than Vincent Jackson? Jackson is soooo much better than Bryant and Williams is better than Austin.

Until 2013 I would have taken Jones and White also.

Can you be serious? Yes Manning helps boost those two guys but they also make plenty of plays in their own right. Until proven otherwise those two are better than Jackson and Williams. Also just because Dez's stats were barely better he has shown enough potential to show he can be a top 5 to 10 receiver in this league. Now as a tandem because of Austin's injury history I can see how you would make that argument.

Now onto your whole Jones and White thought process. I'm sorry but that is one of the more homeristic things I have read on this forum. Those two have proven to be elite receivers in this league and both in many fantasy football leagues will be taken in the top 10 receivers.

Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks when healthy is another tandem I would take over the boys in Tampa.

Now I like Vincent Jackson and think he is a great receiver in this league but there are definitely better tandems in this league and other than Tampa Bay fans I don't think you would find many that would agree with you that they are the best group in the NFL right now.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you be serious? Yes Manning helps boost those two guys but they also make plenty of plays in their own right. Until proven otherwise those two are better than Jackson and Williams. Also just because Dez's stats were barely better he has shown enough potential to show he can be a top 5 to 10 receiver in this league. Now as a tandem because of Austin's injury history I can see how you would make that argument.

Now onto your whole Jones and White thought process. I'm sorry but that is one of the more homeristic things I have read on this forum. Those two have proven to be elite receivers in this league and both in many fantasy football leagues will be taken in the top 10 receivers.

Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks when healthy is another tandem I would take over the boys in Tampa.

Now I like Vincent Jackson and think he is a great receiver in this league but there are definitely better tandems in this league and other than Tampa Bay fans I don't think you would find many that would agree with you that they are the best group in the NFL right now.

Lets compare how Peyton Manning had only a little effect on the WRs in Denver...

Thomas has played for 3 years, 1 year with Manning.
2010 - 22 Catches - 283 Yards - 12.9 Avg - 2 TDs
2011 - 32 Catches - 551 Yards - 17.2 Avg - 4 TDs

Decker has played 3 years, 1 year with Manning
2010 - 6 Catches - 108 Yards - 17.7 Avg - 1 TD
2011 - 44 Catches - 612 Yards - 13.9 Avg - 8 TDs

LMAO!!

Go look in the Mirror.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets compare how Peyton Manning had only a little effect on the WRs in Denver...

Thomas has played for 3 years, 1 year with Manning.
2010 - 22 Catches - 283 Yards - 12.9 Avg - 2 TDs
2011 - 32 Catches - 551 Yards - 17.2 Avg - 4 TDs

Decker has played 3 years, 1 year with Manning
2010 - 6 Catches - 108 Yards - 17.7 Avg - 1 TD
2011 - 44 Catches - 612 Yards - 13.9 Avg - 8 TDs

LMAO!!

Go look in the Mirror.

Couple of things...Thomas in both his first and second year did not play the whole year because of injuries. The one time he was actually healthy in the time before Peyton was the last 7 or so games of his second season...Guess what he did with Tim Tebow as his quarterback? Only one receiver averaged more yards per game than him during that stretch and that was with Tim Freaking Tebow throwing around 10-15 passes a game.

Decker was in the same boat of coming out of college being injured and took some time to recover. His starting quarterbacks while he did actually play were Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. I'm sorry but those stats are hard to really take serious when those are the two guys throwing the football. Throw in especially when Tebow became the starter he seriously was throwing for 15 passes or less in many of his games. Kind of hard to put up any kind of stats during those moments.

Peyton Manning when picking teams said one of the big reasons he came to Denver was because of D. Thomas and Decker being here and seeing the great potential they had to be top tier receivers.

Even if you take Decker out of the equation one could argue the top 2 receivers for Denver are D. Thomas and Wes Welker. Pretty sure either combination you put together almost every team would take them over that which the Bucs have.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things...Thomas in both his first and second year did not play the whole year because of injuries. The one time he was actually healthy in the time before Peyton was the last 7 or so games of his second season...Guess what he did with Tim Tebow as his quarterback? Only one receiver averaged more yards per game than him during that stretch and that was with Tim Freaking Tebow throwing around 10-15 passes a game.

Decker was in the same boat of coming out of college being injured and took some time to recover. His starting quarterbacks while he did actually play were Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. I'm sorry but those stats are hard to really take serious when those are the two guys throwing the football. Throw in especially when Tebow became the starter he seriously was throwing for 15 passes or less in many of his games. Kind of hard to put up any kind of stats during those moments.

Peyton Manning when picking teams said one of the big reasons he came to Denver was because of D. Thomas and Decker being here and seeing the great potential they had to be top tier receivers.

Even if you take Decker out of the equation one could argue the top 2 receivers for Denver are D. Thomas and Wes Welker. Pretty sure either combination you put together almost every team would take them over that which the Bucs have.

No, teams would take Peyton Manning, not the WRs. Just because Peyton Manning makes those who catches his balls better players does not make them Better Talents.

Mike Williams and Vincent Jackson would be better on Denver, Thomas and Decker would be much worse on Tampa.