• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike McCarthy the early betting favorite to the first NFL HC fired this season.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Barring some unforseen weirdness like Aaron Rodgers being traded to the Redskins, the Cowboys should easily win the NFC East. If anything, JJ holds on to coaches for too long. He doesn't like to admit he made a mistake in hiring a coach, even though it's obvious to everyone.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Barring some unforseen weirdness like Aaron Rodgers being traded to the Redskins, the Cowboys should easily win the NFC East. If anything, JJ holds on to coaches for too long. He doesn't like to admit he made a mistake in hiring a coach, even though it's obvious to everyone.
This.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that would be a horrible bet for someone to make. I'm guessing that book is hoping for a few suckers to walk through their door.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a horrible bet. The cowboys should be decent plus Jerry is loyal to a fault. My bet would be Nagy or Zimmer or fangio

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Redskins win the East.

Cowboys don't have a defense, Mike McCarthy is a terrible coach and I think Dak will take awhile to mentally get past that gruesome injury.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith got the Skins to the playoffs last season. He's gone and has not been replaced. Eagles and Giants help prove my assertion that there aren't 32 NFL class quarterbacks in the league. Cowboys win by default.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith got the Skins to the playoffs last season. He's gone and has not been replaced. Eagles and Giants help prove my assertion that there aren't 32 NFL class quarterbacks in the league. Cowboys win by default.

If we are being honest, Alex Smith was garbage. He was just better than the other garbage that the Redskins had at QB. Fitzpatrick is better than Alex Smith. Cowboys might very well have the worst coach in the division and that is important. They have all the talent on offense but Jerry is terrible at picking coaches and Mike McCarthy is no different.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a McCarthy fan but I won’t bet it. But I would not be upset if it happened this was not a good hire by Jerry. I would have rather he kept Jason 1 more year and hired a new coach this off-season but I don’t own the Boys or a big azz boat .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a McCarthy fan but I won’t bet it. But I would not be upset if it happened this was not a good hire by Jerry. I would have rather he kept Jason 1 more year and hired a new coach this off-season but I don’t own the Boys or a big azz boat .
I wanted to go college coach or Robert Saleh route

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Saleh was hig on my list I’m sick and tired of retreads Jerry needs a bold new hire

QUOTE="Manster7588, post: 15831437, member: 5750"]
I wanted to go college coach or Robert Saleh route
[/QUOTE]

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Urban Meyer resigning before the season ends

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should be one of the favorites but not the top guy. I wish they cut their losses and just fired him after last year. IMO, not only is McCarthy not a good coach but he brought in other crappy coaches on his staff. This doesn't mean he will be fired just that he is one of the most likely to be fired early.

For all of those say it isn't Jerry's way, don't use Garrett as an example. Jerry loved Garrett and still does. Firing Nolan after one year was very telling IMO of how pissed off Jerry was and how thin his patience is growing. Right now Jerry, like many Cowboy fans, is hanging his hat on the problem being health first and Nolan and his defense second. If both of those things turn around and the team doesn't improve by a lot McCarthy is gone. If I had to guess I would say both things do improve and the Cowboys schedule/division will save McCarthy's job this year. I'd put Fangio as the favorite personally

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should be one of the favorites but not the top guy. I wish they cut their losses and just fired him after last year. IMO, not only is McCarthy not a good coach but he brought in other crappy coaches on his staff. This doesn't mean he will be fired just that he is one of the most likely to be fired early.

For all of those say it isn't Jerry's way, don't use Garrett as an example. Jerry loved Garrett and still does. Firing Nolan after one year was very telling IMO of how pissed off Jerry was and how thin his patience is growing. Right now Jerry, like many Cowboy fans, is hanging his hat on the problem being health first and Nolan and his defense second. If both of those things turn around and the team doesn't improve by a lot McCarthy is gone. If I had to guess I would say both things do improve and the Cowboys schedule/division will save McCarthy's job this year. I'd put Fangio as the favorite personally

Fangio or Naggy the most likely to be first in my mind.