• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike McCarthy planning comeback

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is assuming McCarthy would go to the Browns.
Keep in mind the Falcon job will be open as well. I could see him going there with a staff.

I think Harbaugh to the Browns would be beneficial to the browns. I think that team could use a no BS coach like that.
Agreed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is assuming McCarthy would go to the Browns.
Keep in mind the Falcon job will be open as well. I could see him going there with a staff.

I think Harbaugh to the Browns would be beneficial to the browns. I think that team could use a no BS coach like that.
would be interesting, but he wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF. Probably good for a young Browns' team, but what about when they are older?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that coaches with NFL experience fail and succeed......college coaches with no experience fail and succeed......OCs and DCs fail and succeed.......NFL coaches who haven't even been OCs/DCs fail and succeed

There is no right "type" of coach to hire.
How many college coaches have had success in the NFL? Jimmy Johnson is the only one I can think of.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be interesting, but he wore out his welcome pretty quick in SF. Probably good for a young Browns' team, but what about when they are older?
Yes, Harbaugh might have a short shelf life.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many college coaches have had success in the NFL? Jimmy Johnson is the only one I can think of.
Pete Carrol comes to mind. And many laughed at Seattle for bringing him in.

I thought Butch davis the coach would have succeeded had Davis the GM not been maybe the worst GM I have ever seen

Others are Coughlin and, yes, Harbaugh

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that is front office vs. coach.
Niners were idiots back then.
They went from the top NFC team to irrelevant in record time without Harbaugh. The man can coach NFL teams

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by decent you mean a journeyman better suited as a solid backup I agree.

Is he on Rodgers' level?
He was good as a backup, I never put him on the level of Rodgers. Do you ever comprehend what others say here or do you just like to shoot your mouth like you do on the NBA threads?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll had head coaching experience with the Patriots before he coached at USC.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was good as a backup, I never put him on the level of Rodgers. Do you ever comprehend what others say here or do you just like to shoot your mouth like you do on the NBA threads?
I get you are one of the many who doesn't like when his "logic" is proven to be off base and it isn't in you to say so. Often you resort to the card you played above.

Yes, Hoyer was a good BACKUP. But Pettine won with him as a starter.....in Cleveland of all places.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you set all the rhetoric about McCarthy vs. Rodgers aside, the thing really came down to things just getting a little stale like they do with most coaches in this league. It's more of a human nature thing when things aren't as good as they once were. Frankly, I don't really care about that. McCarthy has experience and is very capable. If not the Browns, he will land somewhere. The Browns are just the first obvious thought because Kitchens is obviously not ready or able. There will be others looking for qualified HC's as well.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a better coach maybe?

Pettine was 7-4 on a Browns' roster with Brian Hoyer as his starter.
Pettine is a decent defensive co-ordinator but limited as a HC.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you set all the rhetoric about McCarthy vs. Rodgers aside, the thing really came down to things just getting a little stale like they do with most coaches in this league. It's more of a human nature thing when things aren't as good as they once were. Frankly, I don't really care about that. McCarthy has experience and is very capable. If not the Browns, he will land somewhere. The Browns are just the first obvious thought because Kitchens is obviously not ready or able. There will be others looking for qualified HC's as well.
Agreed.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kitchens is still a weird pick to me. He basically went from RB coach straight to HC. (yes I know he had interim OC for a minute)

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Butch davis the coach would have succeeded had Davis the GM not been maybe the worst GM I have ever seen

He was in the NFL with NE in 98, as HC plus being in NFL with Bills, Vikings and Jets before that

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butch Davis was defensive coordinator for the cowboys before he went to college

Reactions: GNG