• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike McCarthy allowed to address team by Packers

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A classy move by the Packers Organization.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay is cute.

All this gushing over McCarthy and saying it was the right thing to do to have him speak to the team one more time, yadda, yadda. They fired him only a couple days ago MID SEASON. Do things right? Give the man his deserved due or whatever, then let him finish out the year and have him "go out" on his own terms, the way he would want it to look like he went out. But GB does this, "Ohhh look at us we are such a great organization!"

Horse shit.

Another example; Brett Favre. He wanted back one more time and the entire franchise, MCCARTHY included says "Nope!" Forget the guy carried GB back to relevance, forget that he forged the foundation for the organization to what it is today. He was axed and GB never looked back and never held a hand out to their most iconic person tied to the franchise since Lombardi.

Green Bay Packers are straight two faced and this phony BS article proves it. It's a classic, "hey look over here!!!" with one hand while the other hand is slapping your face.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact McCarthy got a Favre like treatment from the organization is poetic justice.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay is cute.

All this gushing over McCarthy and saying it was the right thing to do to have him speak to the team one more time, yadda, yadda. They fired him only a couple days ago MID SEASON. Do things right? Give the man his deserved due or whatever, then let him finish out the year and have him "go out" on his own terms, the way he would want it to look like he went out. But GB does this, "Ohhh look at us we are such a great organization!"

Horse shit.

Another example; Brett Favre. He wanted back one more time and the entire franchise, MCCARTHY included says "Nope!" Forget the guy carried GB back to relevance, forget that he forged the foundation for the organization to what it is today. He was axed and GB never looked back and never held a hand out to their most iconic person tied to the franchise since Lombardi.

Green Bay Packers are straight two faced and this phony BS article proves it. It's a classic, "hey look over here!!!" with one hand while the other hand is slapping your face.
Favre retired and then decided to unretire after the Packers named Rodgers the starter after waiting for three years.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre retired and then decided to unretire after the Packers named Rodgers the starter after waiting for three years.

Sorry, I see it as the man who built the franchise wants back, let him back. He still had 3 or so years left in him, which was proven by taking the Vikings to the NCF and almost to the super bowl.

it appears Rodgers gets this sort of treatment within the organization now. He's like the g-damn owner.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, who within the GB franchise gets paid the most and is most valuable?

Aaron Rodgers.

Since GB doesn't have an owner there is no ego within that organization larger than Rodgers.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay is cute.

Horse shit.

I agree. Firing a long-term, super bowl-winning head coach mid-season seems like a dick move. It is very rare.

Having said that, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that the Packers went to McCarthy and said they were going to make a change at the end of the season and asked him if he wanted to get released now so he had more time to look at his future options and he may have said yes.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Firing a long-term, super bowl-winning head coach mid-season seems like a dick move. It is very rare.

Having said that, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that the Packers went to McCarthy and said they were going to make a change at the end of the season and asked him if he wanted to get released now so he had more time to look at his future options and he may have said yes.
Could be, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case as McCarthy is still sombering around Lambeau.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the idea that they fired him that night after the game. At least wait until the next day. But I have no problem with it mid-season like this. Not only does this allow the Packers to test out Philbin, but it also gave McCarthy freedom to start fielding phone calls and weighing options for next year.

But I'm happy for him that he has decided to lay low for now. Being able to spend the holiday season with his family is something you really can't put a price on. He hasn't been able to for 13+ years, and he won't be able to again for the foreseeable future if he goes back into coaching. I'm sure he's feeling miserable about the firing, but he'll definitely land on his feet, and in the meantime he can enjoy and cherish a Christmas like most of the rest of us take for granted.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Aaron Rodgers allowed him to address the team. What a great guy!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Aaron Rodgers allowed him to address the team. What a great guy!
The problem with the Packers has more to do with their lack of talent than with Rodgers.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this where the Rodgers' fanboys are going to congregate?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this where the Rodgers' fanboys are going to congregate?
Since you've been handing me bullshit symbols I thought you'd enjoy one.