• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Brown

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Different people see that differently. It’s probably multi-faceted,” Brown said of the legacy question. “I wish we had won more games. That will forever be something that disappoints me, but I have to accept it is where it is. I hope that I will have enough time to see a spurt here that will be enough to energize our fan base. Get them excited. We know we have to reach out to them to get them to buy in and get them back with us. We disappointed them. You can’t do that as often as we have done. We are paying a price for that. We have to turn it around. If that happens, I’ll leave the stage feeling fulfilled.”

Can't say the old man didn't want to win, just went about things the wrong way and had some bad luck along the way as well. Palmer going down in 2005 in the playoffs. Dalton getting hurt in his best season ever. Jeremy Hill's fumble. Mike Brown tried. It wasn't always a bed of roses, matter of fact, it was never a bed of roses, but the old man wanted to win.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Different people see that differently. It’s probably multi-faceted,” Brown said of the legacy question. “I wish we had won more games. That will forever be something that disappoints me, but I have to accept it is where it is. I hope that I will have enough time to see a spurt here that will be enough to energize our fan base. Get them excited. We know we have to reach out to them to get them to buy in and get them back with us. We disappointed them. You can’t do that as often as we have done. We are paying a price for that. We have to turn it around. If that happens, I’ll leave the stage feeling fulfilled.”

Can't say the old man didn't want to win, just went about things the wrong way and had some bad luck along the way as well. Palmer going down in 2005 in the playoffs. Dalton getting hurt in his best season ever. Jeremy Hill's fumble. Mike Brown tried. It wasn't always a bed of roses, matter of fact, it was never a bed of roses, but the old man wanted to win.

Oh, come on Crash.... Yes, I can say he didn't want to win. If he did, he would have fired himself as the GM before the turn of the century. He clearly did an awful job in his first 8-10 years of the job. If he was an employee, he would have been told to take a hike. This is like a kid saying, "well, I certainly wanted to do well in school, it just didn't work out." This is a bullshit answer from a guy that ran his team like a second-class outfit for most of his existence. In the meantime, he made record profits and passed them onto the smallest group of employees for any other franchise in the league. He's not a great man. He's not a great owner. He's a guy that won the lottery at birth.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And please don't tell me he 'is a good businessman.' He could have made even more money than he did if he would have hired the right people and grew the franchise. He's an idiot.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect him. He did a poor job, no doubt, but it wasn't because he was trying to do a poor job. It was his team. So is he to be blamed for winning the lottery? Is it the child's fault for being born with a birth defect? Yes, he was born into privilege but that is his team, his. It was his to do with as he pleases. Yes, he made poor decisions, but he wanted to win. I think he would like to be seen as a Robert Kraft. Kraft was blessed with Brady, and Belichek where as Brown was blessed with who?

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen Crash and Geoff Hobson in the same room before? Asking for a friend.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect him. He did a poor job, no doubt, but it wasn't because he was trying to do a poor job. It was his team. So is he to be blamed for winning the lottery? Is it the child's fault for being born with a birth defect? Yes, he was born into privilege but that is his team, his. It was his to do with as he pleases. Yes, he made poor decisions, but he wanted to win. I think he would like to be seen as a Robert Kraft. Kraft was blessed with Brady, and Belichek where as Brown was blessed with who?

This is ridiculous. If you knew a guy was running a business and he was the absolute worst at what he did for an entire decade and still wouldn't change, would you really say he was trying? If he wanted to win, he would have made changes... He wanted to be in charge and do it his way and hope that it led to wins. It did not.

Kraft wasn't blessed with Brady and Belicheck. He hired them. He chased a very popular coach (Parcells) out of town so that he could restructure the front office, made an unsuccessful move in hiring Pete Caroll, and then replaced him with Bill Belicheck. He also let Belicheck bring Scott Pioli into the mix as a director of player personnel. He did what it takes to create a winner.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous. If you knew a guy was running a business and he was the absolute worst at what he did for an entire decade and still wouldn't change, would you really say he was trying? If he wanted to win, he would have made changes... He wanted to be in charge and do it his way and hope that it led to wins. It did not.

Kraft wasn't blessed with Brady and Belicheck. He hired them. He chased a very popular coach (Parcells) out of town so that he could restructure the front office, made an unsuccessful move in hiring Pete Caroll, and then replaced him with Bill Belicheck. He also let Belicheck bring Scott Pioli into the mix as a director of player personnel. He did what it takes to create a winner.

Who the hell was Belicheck before his run in NE? He was a coach that had been fired from the Cleveland Browns. Who was Brady but a 6th round filler pick to give the QB room some depth? You think luck had nothing to do with that? If you think that you are absolutely delusional.

Once again, if I was born as heir to the Bengals and it became mine, I would run things the way I want as well. It is mine. If people don't like it, too f'n bad. Did he always make the right decisions, very rarely, but most of the time the really bad decisions didn't seem bad at the beginning. Can't fault an old man for believing in family and being loyal to his friends and players.

That 2005 team was really poised to make a run at the SB. Top 5 defense, stellar offense, then first series from scrimmage BOOM, no Palmer, no chance.

The 2009 team wasn't bad either going 6-0 in a tough AFC North division.

The 2015 was looking pretty dang good too until Dalton gets hurt in his career year and Jeremy Hill can't hold on to the football.

Luck has a huge part in this game, and unfortunately, Mike Brown has been snake bitten.

Hopefully, this new coaching change, philosophy can help push the talent that is on this roster to that next level. We will see. I don't believe that for a second that this isn't a more talented team than last year, and last years team was seconds from being 5-1 before the injury bug hit us hard.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell was Belicheck before his run in NE? He was a coach that had been fired from the Cleveland Browns. Who was Brady but a 6th round filler pick to give the QB room some depth? You think luck had nothing to do with that? If you think that you are absolutely delusional.

Once again, if I was born as heir to the Bengals and it became mine, I would run things the way I want as well. It is mine. If people don't like it, too f'n bad. Did he always make the right decisions, very rarely, but most of the time the really bad decisions didn't seem bad at the beginning. Can't fault an old man for believing in family and being loyal to his friends and players.

That 2005 team was really poised to make a run at the SB. Top 5 defense, stellar offense, then first series from scrimmage BOOM, no Palmer, no chance.

The 2009 team wasn't bad either going 6-0 in a tough AFC North division.

The 2015 was looking pretty dang good too until Dalton gets hurt in his career year and Jeremy Hill can't hold on to the football.

Luck has a huge part in this game, and unfortunately, Mike Brown has been snake bitten.

Hopefully, this new coaching change, philosophy can help push the talent that is on this roster to that next level. We will see. I don't believe that for a second that this isn't a more talented team than last year, and last years team was seconds from being 5-1 before the injury bug hit us hard.

Have you bumped your head? The only thing that 2005 defense was good at was turnovers. They were one of the bottom 10 defenses in the league. I have no idea why our fans assume we were winning that Super Bowl with a healthy Palmer. Indy just got done flattening us a few weeks before the playoffs. We didn't have a D that could upset Manning - Pittsburgh did. That's why they won.

And sure Kraft got lucky on his hires.... But I think it's also pretty clear that had the Belicheck hire not work out, he wouldn't be afraid to try something else. Or to give football control to the guys that know football. And sure, you can run your business any way you see fit. But if you start a business, and you are the worst at what you do, I think it's fair to question whether you're doing everything to succeed or if you just want it your way - Success or no success.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you bumped your head? The only thing that 2005 defense was good at was turnovers. They were one of the bottom 10 defenses in the league. I have no idea why our fans assume we were winning that Super Bowl with a healthy Palmer. Indy just got done flattening us a few weeks before the playoffs. We didn't have a D that could upset Manning - Pittsburgh did. That's why they won.

And sure Kraft got lucky on his hires.... But I think it's also pretty clear that had the Belicheck hire not work out, he wouldn't be afraid to try something else. Or to give football control to the guys that know football. And sure, you can run your business any way you see fit. But if you start a business, and you are the worst at what you do, I think it's fair to question whether you're doing everything to succeed or if you just want it your way - Success or no success.

Fair points. All of them. Mike Brown should have fired Marvin years ago. That 5 year playoff run really kind of threw us into purgatory.

I guess I am remembering that defense differently I guess. I was thinking they were really good. *shrug* I didn't hit my head, just getting older and not remembering stuff well.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points. All of them. Mike Brown should have fired Marvin years ago. That 5 year playoff run really kind of threw us into purgatory.

I guess I am remembering that defense differently I guess. I was thinking they were really good. *shrug* I didn't hit my head, just getting older and not remembering stuff well.

The 2005 team was fun because they got turnovers when they needed them.... But, I still think there was no way they would have beat Manning that year. He cut through us like warm butter when we played them that year. They had 5 touchdowns by the half.

The 2015 team was our best chance. The NFL was really down that year.... The Broncos won the whole damn thing even though they were playing with a very washed up Manning. Hell, he had basically been benched for Brock Osweiler for part of the year.