• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Babcock and now Bill Peters death watch

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, then Dubas should be run out of town immediately. Who pays a guy $7M but has no value?

If he stays, we are paying him $7M to get 60 points playing with Matthews. I would be disappointed with that. Kappy and Johnnson got mid-40s and they wont be making anywhere near what Willy is getting.
I like Nylander's upside far more than Kapanen or Johnsson.

The man is 22 years old. This season was bad and both he and Dubas deserve shit for letting the contract stalemate go as long as it did but it would be very old-mentality Leafs to give up on a 22 year old after one bad season only to watch him tear it up for half a decade elsewhere. He's fast, he has skill, he was terribly unlucky with his shooting percentage and he has shown in the past that he works well with our best player. I just can't justify dumping that for a B prospect and a pick.

So we should trade for Marner then? Very well, I accept.
I mean, I'll take 4 first rounders for Marner.

In an offseason where Panarin is available at similar money to what he wants what's the point in doing this song & dance? Take the picks and sign the ready-made replacement for no assets.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'll take 4 first rounders for Marner.

In an offseason where Panarin is available at similar money to what he wants what's the point in doing this song & dance? Take the picks and sign the ready-made replacement for no assets.

HA! JOKES ON YOU! WE DON'T HAVE ANY FIRST ROUNDERS FOR LIKE 3 YEARS!

wait...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update - He dead.

Also, reading through this thread and there are some comedic gems in here - Well done folks!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey guys, Mike Commodore is still alive.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I gotta say, it would be a bit surprising if Babcock's tenure in Toronto was shorter than Blashill's in Detroit...

BlissfulRemoteHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You hated him for 364 days a year. And on the 365th day, you collected your Stanley Cup rings"
- Steve Shutt on Scotty Bowman

Some coaches are hardasses. And some players are whiney fucks who spend days in bed surrounded by chaw and dollar bills.

Mike Commodore was an average player with a bad attitude and is now somehow even more pathetic.I can't imagine any coach that would let that doughy piece of trash play a lot and keep their job. It just so happened that it was Babs who was the final nail in the commie coffin.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
no offense 43, but I'm going to take the word of a guy who has actually played for Babcock (Fraser) who to my knowledge has never had the axe to grind that commie64 has, over some dude on the interweb.

Commodore is a mouth piece, for entertainment only with his little fued and packyourshit stuff. Fraser seems a bit more eloquent and thoughtful

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this on another board and it's worth a listen - You have to take some of it with a grain of salt, but after reading the Fraser tweet thread, there certainly is some smoke here.

Discaimer - NSFW (language).

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - That's two facepalm ratings in a row puck, are you yanking my chain?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no offense 43, but I'm going to take the word of a guy who has actually played for Babcock (Fraser) who to my knowledge has never had the axe to grind that commie64 has, over some dude on the interweb.

Commodore is a mouth piece, for entertainment only with his little fued and packyourshit stuff. Fraser seems a bit more eloquent and thoughtful

None taken. And you're right Fraser's word seems to carry more weight here. My main annoyance is about how everyone is suddenly building Commodore up as the voice of the "let's bash Babs to death" movement. When the truth of the matter is from a player as typically awful as him it is primarily sour grapes. He said a lot of the same shit about Hitchcock when he was here also. Some guys aren't going to get along with any authority figure. Including captains. After Hitch got canned, it was Arniel who shipped Commocore to Springfield and let his contract run out. It's not just the coach.

Babs is probably harder to deal with than just about any other coach, but at the end of the day he's forgotten more about hockey than Commodore will ever learn. The hate train feels a bit too much.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lol - That's two facepalm ratings in a row puck, are you yanking my chain?
Totally accidental! Swear to baby jebus.
Undid the one, can't find the other.
Let's just say you deserved that other one for one thing or another :D

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did Fraser actually ever play for Babcock though? He was traded from the Leafs while Carlyle was still coaching (or maybe it was Horachek), no?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Fraser actually ever play for Babcock though? He was traded from the Leafs while Carlyle was still coaching (or maybe it was Horachek), no?
One preseason game lol.

But he did play a lot for Randy and does admit that he was, uh, bad (and this is from a player Randy probably liked lol) so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.