• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Babcock and now Bill Peters death watch

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone would sign him soon enough and eat most of that. Not really a consideration.
You think? But I guess if someone is willing to give Quenneville that much for 5 years I guess that could happen.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Tanev and a 4th :thumb:

Self proclaimed swedish gretzkys son comes to play on same team with TRUE swedish gretzky ... THATS SOME GAME OF THRONES SHIT !!! Pierres excited ... for the wrong reason !!! ...

0dldJ.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard all the fans bashing the hell out of him in Toronto on the radio today... Man If this guy is seen in public I really am hoping he has an army of security with him

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question; what would Leafs fans hope for in a return if Nylander goes on the block?

RHD, obv. What else?
I don’t want to trade him. His year was messed up from start to finish. His shooting percentage was half his career norm. He had two 60 pt seasons under him by the age of 22.

It would have to be a Dougie Hamilton or someone of that calibre to even consider it and even then I'm probably passing. He'll be fine in the long run.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone would sign him soon enough and eat most of that. Not really a consideration.

Next CBA - Coaches' salary counts toward the cap. Firing equals buyout. Coaches can be traded. DO IT

How about more Pouliot and Granlund?:)

Dubinsky and Milano?

I don’t want to trade him. His year was messed up from start to finish. His shooting percentage was half his career norm. He had two 60 pt seasons under him by the age of 22.

It would have to be a Dougie Hamilton or someone of that calibre to even consider it and even then I'm probably passing. He'll be fine in the long run.

I haven't really looked into the cap situation all that much, but is giving Marleau the LTIR treatment enough to fit both Willie and Mitch under the cap?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next CBA - Coaches' salary counts toward the cap. Firing equals buyout. Coaches can be traded. DO IT

Dubinsky and Milano?

I haven't really looked into the cap situation all that much, but is giving Marleau the LTIR treatment enough to fit both Willie and Mitch under the cap?
They can fit both under the cap as it is. Cap hit is under $70 mil once Horton's on LTIR.

It's Kapanen/Johnsson/new D-man they would struggle to fit and would be very much helped by Marleau going into LTIRetirement. Even then, my guess is one of Kapanen/Johnsson is gone (unless they can somehow pull value for Kadri but...I have no bloody idea wtf they should do there. He really screwed them over).

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs ownership wouldn't even blink an eye about eating the rest of Babs contract if they thought it would help the team. They probably have the deepest pockets in the NHL. While it's been a painful stretch being a Leafs fan (for about 40 years for me) I certainly can't complain about the ownership since the Ballard days. They have been more than willing to pay for anything and any amount to get this team over the top.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't sure whether to drop this here or in the comedy gold thread...

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can fit both under the cap as it is. Cap hit is under $70 mil once Horton's on LTIR.

It's Kapanen/Johnsson/new D-man they would struggle to fit and would be very much helped by Marleau going into LTIRetirement. Even then, my guess is one of Kapanen/Johnsson is gone (unless they can somehow pull value for Kadri but...I have no bloody idea wtf they should do there. He really screwed them over).

First post season comment.

At almost $7M cap hit, I would like to see Nylander moved. The playoffs showed he is not close to being a C, much less a C making that much. As a winger, the track record shows him as a 60 point guy. Keeping him is a gamble. If he craps the bed next year like he did this year, his contract is untradeable. I would prefer to deal him now, while a buyer might see "star potential" and give something in return.

Pull that off along with sorting out the Marleau situation, and the cap position is pretty well sorted.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First post season comment.

At almost $7M cap hit, I would like to see Nylander moved. The playoffs showed he is not close to being a C, much less a C making that much. As a winger, the track record shows him as a 60 point guy. Keeping him is a gamble. If he craps the bed next year like he did this year, his contract is untradeable. I would prefer to deal him now, while a buyer might see "star potential" and give something in return.

Pull that off along with sorting out the Marleau situation, and the cap position is pretty well sorted.
Considering how rarely he has played C at NHL level and considering that his linemates were a stale mango and a dour strawberry, I think he held his own pretty decently at C. He didn't do anything spectacular but he was only on for a single 5v5 goal against while being on for 4 goals for. He often found space but hesitated like hell to pass the puck because his linemates were both incapable of doing anything with it other than losing it. My guess is his instructions from Babcock were "hold onto the fucking thing and give the top two lines a minute to catch their breath" and in that regard he did pretty much what was asked of him.

Marner was on the ice for four more goals against 5v5 than Willie was and 1 goal fewer for. Considering who he had on his line I find that to be a much shittier performance than Willie's.

They will literally get nothing for Nylander right now as it is. Trading him today would basically get the same amount of quality assets that trading him a year from now would, which is none. Which is why it makes no sense to move him.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will literally get nothing for Nylander right now as it is. Trading him today would basically get the same amount of quality assets that trading him a year from now would, which is none. Which is why it makes no sense to move him.

You guys need a playoff warrior like James 'Real Deal' Neal. Nylander for Neal and you gain a million+ in cap space to sign Mitchy.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard all the fans bashing the hell out of him in Toronto on the radio today... Man If this guy is seen in public I really am hoping he has an army of security with him
I can't believe leafs fans would do that...fake news!

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If so, then Dubas should be run out of town immediately. Who pays a guy $7M but has no value?

If he stays, we are paying him $7M to get 60 points playing with Matthews. I would be disappointed with that. Kappy and Johnnson got mid-40s and they wont be making anywhere near what Willy is getting.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marner was on the ice for four more goals against 5v5 than Willie was and 1 goal fewer for. Considering who he had on his line I find that to be a much shittier performance than Willie's.

So we should trade for Marner then? Very well, I accept.

You guys need a playoff warrior like James 'Real Deal' Neal. Nylander for Neal and you gain a million+ in cap space to sign Mitchy.

Dubisnky's contract is shorter.

I can't believe leafs fans would do that...fake news!

Scratch "Jake DeBrusk" off the list of possible identities for DW