• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Babcock and now Bill Peters death watch

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lest we forget, Kyle Dubas inherited Babcock from the previous Leafs regime.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a good time for the leafs to bring back Randy Carlyle :yo:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Felix Potvin is available...he's coaching midget hockey up in Quebec, which we all know is the stepping stone to the NHL

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised if he is ousted this summer. I would have no problem with it. If considered, I bet they go with Sheldon Keefe

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be surprised if he is ousted this summer. I would have no problem with it. If considered, I bet they go with Sheldon Keefe
I just don't know if Dubas would take that kind of risk. Firing Babs for a rookie and then having that blow up in his face would probably spell the end for Shanny, Dubas and Keefe all at once.

I think Dubas' offseason is going to be spent focusing on trying to send Marleau to Robidas Island, finding some depth at forward and trying to get value for Kadri (I'd rather not lose him but I can't imagine he has many friends left on this team at this point). Maybe he can luck into an RHD somewhere but he's more likely to find a cheap replacement Hainsey in the UFA heap, a Jan Rutta or Eric Gryba or something worse. And of course, he's has to get his lightsabre out to fight off the 400 offer sheets for Mitch Marner that are on their way.

I'd be fine with firing Babcock but I don't know that Keefe is really a replacement worth firing him for and there isn't much else out there I'd really see as an upgrade, at least at first glance. At the very least, Shanahan has to get him and Dubas back on the same page and has to implore Babcock to get with the more modern coaching strategies because he does get exposed by those who do fairly frequently.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could actually see Dubas pulling the trigger on this.

It's becoming pretty obvious that Babdick and Dumbass :heh: don't see eye to eye. Plus I think that there is a good chance that Keefe is an NHL coach next year. Maybe the Leafs decide to take him off the shelf before he moves on.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an ex Leaf coaching on the west coast right now who would probably love the job.
D43qoxiWAAAFW6h.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could actually see Dubas pulling the trigger on this.

It's becoming pretty obvious that Babdick and Dumbass :heh: don't see eye to eye. Plus I think that there is a good chance that Keefe is an NHL coach next year. Maybe the Leafs decide to take him off the shelf before he moves on.
I'm not sold on Keefe but, I mean, Dubas knows him better than anybody so if he thinks he's NHL ready then so be it.

He had better be sure though.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Commodore comes in and leads the Leafs to the promised land next year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Mike Milbury is itching to getting back into coaching. He is thinking hey if Jon Gruden can come back so can I....

Seriously with Babcock and Dubas at odds I bet it happens this offseason.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dubas' offseason is going to be spent focusing on trying to send Marleau to Robidas Island, finding some depth at forward and trying to get value for Kadri (I'd rather not lose him but I can't imagine he has many friends left on this team at this point). Maybe he can luck into an RHD somewhere but he's more likely to find a cheap replacement Hainsey in the UFA heap, a Jan Rutta or Eric Gryba or something worse. And of course, he's has to get his lightsabre out to fight off the 400 offer sheets for Mitch Marner that are on their way.

Yes, I would prefer that Dubas spend his time in the offseason on these issues. I am more concerned about the Leafs overpaying Marner than I am keeping/firing Babcock.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question; what would Leafs fans hope for in a return if Nylander goes on the block?

RHD, obv. What else?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this be a wee bit premature. Granted I did something like this last week.

Babcock is a good coach who sometimes will make stupid decisions, like having your young franchise player play 16 minutes ( correct me if I'm wrong).

Do I put everything on him. No. There is no one person to blame. Boston was the better team last year and this. My old man has a saying" old age and treachery beat youth and skill every time".

Toronto has Experience now. As much as I hate to say it, because I believe in Fuck the Leafs, they are a huge threat next year. Dare I say that they are Canada's best shot at a cup next year.

But..... if this happens again next season then I'll get my pitchfork and matches and I'll be right there beside you

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lest we forget, Kyle Dubas inherited Babcock from the previous Leafs regime.
I should probably point out that Dubas actually pre-dates both Lou and Babcock himself with the organization. He's been there since Nonis was still GM.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I gotta say, it would be a bit surprising if Babcock's tenure in Toronto was shorter than Blashill's in Detroit...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that this be a wee bit premature. Granted I did something like this last week.

Babcock is a good coach who sometimes will make stupid decisions, like having your young franchise player play 16 minutes ( correct me if I'm wrong).

Do I put everything on him. No. There is no one person to blame. Boston was the better team last year and this. My old man has a saying" old age and treachery beat youth and skill every time".

Toronto has Experience now. As much as I hate to say it, because I believe in Fuck the Leafs, they are a huge threat next year. Dare I say that they are Canada's best shot at a cup next year.

But..... if this happens again next season then I'll get my pitchfork and matches and I'll be right there beside you
Also his contract bodes for him sticking around. 4 more years at 25 million would be a pretty large buyout for a coach.