• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miguel Cabrera lineup protection

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor Martinez is hitting .326 with 4 HR. He has 11 walks, 7 intentional.

Miguel Cabrera has 8 walks, 1 intentional.

Seems like the worries over the loss of Prince Fielder's lineup protection weren't valid. I suppose if Miggy gets on a tear, things might change. But the pre-season chatter about him getting walked 120 times this season can be put to rest, IMO.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people just needed to look at what Vmart did behind Cabrerra the year before the signed prince. Also I do not subscribe to the theory of protection. When an all world player is on there isn't a such thing as protection. As great as Vmart is playing, if Cabrerra is in a grove there is no way I pitch to him with the game on the line.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people just needed to look at what Vmart did behind Cabrerra the year before the signed prince. Also I do not subscribe to the theory of protection. When an all world player is on there isn't a such thing as protection. As great as Vmart is playing, if Cabrerra is in a grove there is no way I pitch to him with the game on the line.

At this moment in season, V-Mart needs protection. Seemed KC was pitching to Miggy and around V-Mart. I like Torii behind him more than A.J....once Miggy is back to form ( starting to heat up) I would rather have VMart of Fielder anyday. Pure hitters make them walks hurt. Not the occasional HR.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the loss of Fielder was blown way out of proportion. VMart is a great hitter.....Hunter is hot now and AJ is about .300 and getting lots of BB.....This is a better lineup this year.....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of those....im shocked teams are pitching to miggy....maybe they know something since miggy isnt making them pay.....but its been a few times where i was shocked he got pitches to hit with men on and a base open. I thought they would at least throw him junk hoping he gets himself out..

Its still early and i believe if the starting pitching as good as its been, we might not be feeling this way. Ajax is been the one who has impressed me. I was more worried about the loss of prince making the 5 hole a weak spot...by having to move vmart to the 4th....but as long as the 5th hitter hits, its looking good....i also like davis in the 9 hole....that way when the 9 spot comes up its almost like flipping the order to the top since hes like a leadoff hitter...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of those....im shocked teams are pitching to miggy....maybe they know something since miggy isnt making them pay.....but its been a few times where i was shocked he got pitches to hit with men on and a base open. I thought they would at least throw him junk hoping he gets himself out.

Yes, Miggy has been "human" and getting himself out more than normal so far. I'd say if/when he gets hot, things may change.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Miggy has been "human" and getting himself out more than normal so far. I'd say if/when he gets hot, things may change.

Well he got hot tonight howie.

One reason i stick with prince was because of alot of tiger fans giving him all the blame. The guy played everyday and did his job in the reg season. He wasnt the only guy who didnt hit come playoffs. Most of those tiger fans who called him piggy and all the other things i bet werent even following the tigers during the randy smith era. I admit it was a good trade as long as vmart hits. But to get rid of that contract was huge. I just wont be one of those fans to talk shit and blame an ex tiger just because hes gone. Or use him as a scapegoat. I remember when it was hard to get FA's to come to detroit. Now lets not get the bad rep fans like ny and boston. Ill always root for prince as long as hes not playing the tigers.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Tigers knew what they were doing when they traded Fielder they knew that V Mart would hit behind Cabrera he's a career 300 header and hit behind Miggy before. I don't think anybody's dumping on Fielder it was it trade it made sense to say money and be able to sign more guys now and down the road.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be opposed to having Hunter bat third with Miggy 4th and Vmart 5th.. Like it was back in 2011..

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason i stick with prince was because of alot of tiger fans giving him all the blame. The guy played everyday and did his job in the reg season. He wasnt the only guy who didnt hit come playoffs.

Completely agree, Cleaves.

And as if hitting was the only problem in last year's playoffs. I said it after the ALCS last year and will say it again... the difference in the series was: Tiger bullpen = 2 blown saves, Red Sox bullpen = zero blown saves.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking again with my logic to my previous post.. You basically have the oldest and most established hitters in the biggest spots you depend on.. Hunter has been very good and is much better than Delmon was in 2011.. V-Mart is back to his beastly 2011 status so far.. All you have is Miggy to heat up which he is doing atm..

Have Kinsler bat 2nd or leadoff all season and get the younger guys established as hitters by moving them around.. Jackson and Castellanos are showing lots of potential to being legit middle of the lineup hitters... I read that Castellanos line drive rate is one of the highest in all the majors leagues while is BABIP is around .230.. That pretty much assures that he is only going to trend upward with is slash numbers.. He looks like he could be the real deal and one of the positional players drafted to finally pan out for the Tigs..

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he got hot tonight howie.

One reason i stick with prince was because of alot of tiger fans giving him all the blame. The guy played everyday and did his job in the reg season. He wasnt the only guy who didnt hit come playoffs. Most of those tiger fans who called him piggy and all the other things i bet werent even following the tigers during the randy smith era. I admit it was a good trade as long as vmart hits. But to get rid of that contract was huge. I just wont be one of those fans to talk shit and blame an ex tiger just because hes gone. Or use him as a scapegoat. I remember when it was hard to get FA's to come to detroit. Now lets not get the bad rep fans like ny and boston. Ill always root for prince as long as hes not playing the tigers.

I never blamed it on Fielder. Hell, he wasn't the only guy to disappear in Oct.

I always bitched about not playing or being able to play small ball in playoffs. JL tried, but when teams sit back all season it is hard to just turn it on. Ausmus will have this team ready for post season. A whole season of being aggressive and knowing what it takes to win close games.

Ausmus is not faithful to fault either, at least not yet. JL would have pitched Coke in close games already blowing 2 or 3 wins by now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be opposed to having Hunter bat third with Miggy 4th and Vmart 5th.. Like it was back in 2011..

I have always been in the camp of Miggy batting 3rd. He should always bat in first inning. He may have most power to be the cleanup, purest hitter on team also. He always gives the chance of having lead after 1st inning. Just like last night.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hunter between VMart and AJ more so for speed reasons than anything else. Jackson's extra base potential is nullified with Victor plodding along the base paths in front if him. (And hes ALWAYS on base it seems, which is nice.)As the season goes on, Id like to see Nicky C get himself into a position to man the 5 spot though. (Cabrera is looking like Cabrera again. Opposing staffs should be frightened.)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always been in the camp of Miggy batting 3rd. He should always bat in first inning. He may have most power to be the cleanup, purest hitter on team also. He always gives the chance of having lead after 1st inning. Just like last night.

and tonight...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention prince sucks and has been fading fast. Im surprised how many times prince has been intentionally passed already this year.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO teams would rather pitch to VMart than Cabrera. I don't care if VMart is batting .400! Miggy doesn't have a hole in his swing. Inside fastball, outside off speed he takes balls to right field as quickly as he pulls something into the left field bleachers.

I am not sure their is any player in baseball right now that the pitcher would rather face Cabrera than.

With that being said I am surprised by VMarts power this year. And the fact he is a switch hitter keeps teams from going righty lefty with Miggy and the next hitter.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO teams would rather pitch to VMart than Cabrera. I don't care if VMart is batting .400! Miggy doesn't have a hole in his swing. Inside fastball, outside off speed he takes balls to right field as quickly as he pulls something into the left field bleachers.

I am not sure their is any player in baseball right now that the pitcher would rather face Cabrera than.

With that being said I am surprised by VMarts power this year. And the fact he is a switch hitter keeps teams from going righty lefty with Miggy and the next hitter.

I agree. Teams should definitely be more concerned. I am surprised with vmarts power this season so far though. I think he will cool off soon and miggy will be carrying this team on his back in a week or two.