• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michal Cekovsky

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this pickup. A 7 footer who can run the floor and shoot the three.

With the addition of Celovsky, who is leaving the program?

feedingfrenzy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reports on Cevok not promising

he's supposedly having trouble with basics... like boxing out.
this guy doesn't have to be a star, but if he's a project, MD's gonna suffer. MD had a hole in the paint last year. With Smo hurt, and if Cevok struggles, they'll only have Dodd and Graham to hold the fort through December. Not a promising scenario.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Terps are going to struggle inside the paint again this year. At least, offensively. I feel like Cekovsky is going to be more of a threat outside the paint despite his size. Turgeon has said that Dodd has improved a lot since last year. We'll have to wait until the real games start to see if this is the case. I do think the Terps will be a good team shooting the three. If this is the case that should loosen things up underneath for Dodd and Cekovsky. It sucks that Reed had to screw up and lose his scholarship, but I am looking forward to watching the freshman this year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen either scrimmage. I was actually going to Bowie State to see my nephew's football game while MD was playing BSU in the scrimmage. The Sun reports Ceko played better. My understanding is he is much like Len when he came over but 2 years older. He has to learn to play with his back to the basket.

I am hoping Dodd improves a lot of last year. Clearly the team missed the presence of Len last year. He cleaned up so many mistakes out front but last year we saw that the Cleare, Smo and Mitchell were incapable of that. Carter has to sit this year out, right?

feedingfrenzy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Carter sits one year. Too bad he's not available now. But assuming Cekov hits his upside, having both of them on the frontline next year will be sweet.
Dodd needs to improve his D significantly, because MD will need him on the floor a minimum of 20 (more likely 25-30) mpg against teams with any size. If he just focuses on boxing out, setting strong picks, kicking the ball out to the shooters, and being in position to make his guy shoot over him, he'll be an asset.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To date Dodd has been the most significant post player. Cekovsky seems to be a project at this point lacking in just about every area including BB IQ. Graham is what he is and with Carter not eligible, we will have to make due this season. Seems were not doing that bad of a job considering the circumstances. With Carter eligible next year and hopefully another big recruit or JC transfer, we can be more formidable in the middle next year.