• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Jordan says tanking games is no way to rebuild for Bobcats

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,138.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As frustrated as Michael Jordan has been over the Charlotte Bobcats' lack of success, it's just not in his competitive DNA to tank games.

Forget that the NBA would likely hand down a hefty fine and fans would probably boycott if a team admitted to doing that. Jordan said Friday that purposely losing games in hopes of getting a top pick in the next draft is no way to fix a rebuilding franchise.

The Bobcats owner scoffed at the idea, telling The Associated Press, "I don't know if some teams have thought of that. That's not something that we would do. I don't believe in that."

Source: ESPN

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As frustrated as Michael Jordan has been over the Charlotte Bobcats' lack of success, it's just not in his competitive DNA to tank games.

Forget that the NBA would likely hand down a hefty fine and fans would probably boycott if a team admitted to doing that. Jordan said Friday that purposely losing games in hopes of getting a top pick in the next draft is no way to fix a rebuilding franchise.

The Bobcats owner scoffed at the idea, telling The Associated Press, "I don't know if some teams have thought of that. That's not something that we would do. I don't believe in that."

Source: ESPN

I find it funny how times have changed in just 5 years. Now you have fans of some teams begging for their teams to do exactly this, including Hornets fans haha