• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Dickson

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Clayton speak about Dickson this morning has me pumped for this kid... Apparently his hang time is off the charts and his ball spins a certain way where it makes it very difficult for the return guys to catch the ball... This will result in more TO's than we're accustomed to seeing from the ST's Punt Team... That in itself is a huge bonus...

He was also kicking 50-plus FG via a drop kick all weekend... Apparently he can kick long FG's as well... Curious to see how they use him...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people are excited about Dickson's balls

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this kid. Not gonna miss Jon Ryan at all

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this kid. Not gonna miss Jon Ryan at all

What a sad statement. Jon Ryan has been a great player for us, and has been a big reason why the Seahawks had so much success - including going to Super Bowls. I love the Dickson pick, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize how great Jon Ryan was.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a sad statement. Jon Ryan has been a great player for us, and has been a big reason why the Seahawks had so much success - including going to Super Bowls. I love the Dickson pick, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize how great Jon Ryan was.

He was bad the past couple seasons for us. Yes he was good early on in his career for us but like everybody else on the field he started to show signs of not punting the ball as well.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was bad the past couple seasons for us. Yes he was good early on in his career for us but like everybody else on the field he started to show signs of not punting the ball as well.

If he isn't making over 3 million the next 2 seasons, I don't think they draft Dickson.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan had a great career here and he was a great Seahawks with the longest tenure on the team right now. It's just time to move on partly because of his pay and his age. I don't mind the 5th round pick used on a punter, lets hope he is a athlete that doesn't look like a fool out there trying to run or tackle lol.

Ryan is one of the best punters the Seahawks have ever had and that is not lost on me. It sucks to see so many of you forget just how good he was for the hawks for a LONG time.

I always wondered why a team never went with one of these P/K. You save money and a roster spot for someone else by having your punter your kicker also. Now i get it this way if the Punter gets hurt you still have a kicker and if your kicker gets hurt ... well you get the point but still. I mean i have seen teams take a chance at say RB/QB with no Back-ups so why not drafted a punter who is also a FG kicker? Then have your Back-up QB be the Holder.

( New Avatar for new Era )

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan had a great career here and he was a great Seahawks with the longest tenure on the team right now. It's just time to move on partly because of his pay and his age. I don't mind the 5th round pick used on a punter, lets hope he is a athlete that doesn't look like a fool out there trying to run or tackle lol.

Ryan is one of the best punters the Seahawks have ever had and that is not lost on me. It sucks to see so many of you forget just how good he was for the hawks for a LONG time.

I always wondered why a team never went with one of these P/K. You save money and a roster spot for someone else by having your punter your kicker also. Now i get it this way if the Punter gets hurt you still have a kicker and if your kicker gets hurt ... well you get the point but still. I mean i have seen teams take a chance at say RB/QB with no Back-ups so why not drafted a punter who is also a FG kicker? Then have your Back-up QB be the Holder.

( New Avatar for new Era )
I think the main reason is the ones who can do both cannot do them both well enough to avoid being a liability in one aspect or the other. Both jobs are very difficult, and a single mistake can be catastrophic (as we've seen)....or 5 yards less on a punt 7 times a game is a huge disadvantage in field position.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie punter Michael Dickson gives Seahawks something 'unique'

Dickson was the game MVP for the Longhorn's bowl game? Has that happened before?

Sounds like he's a real game changer.
Yeah, he was their MVP in that bowl game. Pinned the other team inside the 10 multiple times. A classmate of mine is a big UT fan and raves about him. Feels sorta strange to be talking this much about a punter, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he's all about.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Ryan has been just fine for Seattle (don't think I ever looked at the punter position as a NEED) but he's a free agent in 2020, 36, and his cap is $3.2M this year and $3.6M (!!!) next! That's way too much money given our needs and little cap room for what Ryan produces. He's getting paid top 3 money this year... only Tennessee and Baltimore pay more. And I would not put Jon Ryan in the top 3 let alone top 5. He is pretty good at fakes though and can make tackles... but I'd rather just have a good kick.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also heard that we could be using Dickson for long FG's of 60-plus...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one will admit... I'm excited about Dickson's balls...

Seriously speaking, turns out to be a great pick after all, possibly a steal... Great to see him make the probowl in his first year in the league... We won't have to worry about this position for quite a few years now... I think we can all agree that this pick has turned into an A+ for us...

... now if we can just find a kicker...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first rookie punter to make the probowl in how long? Just looked it up first rookie punter in more than three decades to be selected to play in the Pro Bowl

So far he is a steal as a 5th rounder lol. Ok maybe not a steal but he is well valued as a 5th rounder. Now lets get a young Kicker in here to pair him with that is a probowl worthy kicker. We wold have 10 Wins all ready with 2 left to play :D.