• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Bennett wants to end his career in Seattle

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space nearly used up. Could cut a player or two if need be. However looks like the Seahawks are likely only going be signing basement bargains otherwise. So if Bennett Is dirt cheap, probably need to consider signing him. Unless they want to cut a player for additional cap space. Course that would be another hole that needs patching. That cap space got used up right quick.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18.5 mil in cap left. Probably a couple of players will be cut, just a question of which ones.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt or KJ IMO, unless one or both of them restructure...

If I had to pick it would be KJ. We need all the bodies we can get on the o-line to try to protect Russ so drafting KJ's replacement would be a better option IMO.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that’s true and I’d rather they let KJ go just for that reason.

Same... Cody Barton could be his replacement so I feel like we already have his replacement on the roster...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt or KJ IMO, unless one or both of them restructure...

KJ got a $1 million roster bonus today - so at this point its next to impossible to see any reason the Seahawks cut him before training camp (and highly unlikely after that).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KJ got a $1 million roster bonus today - so at this point its next to impossible to see any reason the Seahawks cut him before training camp (and highly unlikely after that).

or he restructures

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or he restructures

Possible, but at 31 the Hawks may not want him around long enough to make an extension save that much money. But, we'll see.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like our DL may be fairly pedestrian next year. I just don't see any way we sign Clowney or even Griffen for that matter. I guess with Green/Collier it's sink or swim time... I kind of have no problem with this... we spent a 3rd (developmental Green) and 1st on these guys... I know they're not top 5 picks, but at some point you gotta let em' go... We took long enough to let Penny loose who was doing fine until his *SURPRISE* injury...

This draft is fairly deep on the DL/OL side, so now is a good time to stock up in those two areas. I'd like to get another insurance WR but I think we can use our second 2nd rounder on that.

This team just doesn't have enough money to make major splashes on the line department. Snagging Dunbar was a huge pickup.

I'd be fine spending all 4 picks in the first 3 rounds on OL/DL, MAYBE a RB/WR if someone falls. Cody Barton did not progress well enough to cut KJ at the moment and we only save $5M. Finney replaces Britt (technically) but Finney can also play guard which we had major depth issues with last year anyway.. so I'm not really for cutting Britt...

It'd save $9M but I'm not really sure what we're going to accomplish with that... that's not going to resign Clowney and Griffen vs. Britt is probably a wash... I'd rather protect the guy commanding $30M+ of cap.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with Turner and Ursua, i feel Ursua will surprise people once he gets on the field more. He is one of these guys that doesn't look the part and doesn't shine in practice but in games he is just a different beast. Moore i think will take a step up, he was hurt and then had that sophomore slump that we have seen from MANY of Seattle WR in the past. Lockett, Metcalf, Moore/Turner/Ursua i am solid with and add in 1 or 2 late round picks from this draft ( 5th-7th ) and some UDFA's.

Also i have this feeling that if Gordon is allowed to play this coming season the Hawks will bring him back.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett in 2014:

"There is no such thing as discount," Bennett said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" Tuesday night. "This isn't Costco, this isn't Walmart; this is real life."

"It's definitely a business," he said. "People hate to say it's that, but it is what it is. I would love to play for the Seahawks, but they're going to have to want me back and the numbers are going to have to be right."

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Mortal Engines last night for the first time. I had to back it up at one point early in the movie because the heroin of the movie bumps into a large guy that looked suspiciously like Michael Bennett. Imagine my surprise when I checked IMDB and found out Bennett did have a little cameo in that flick. I don't know why the director thought adding a random shot of Michael Bennett dressed like an English gentleman would add to his movie, but he did it none the less.