• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami @ New England 9/13/2020

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST Scoreless first quarter in 15 years... Did they just say that?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First score for the Patriots is a rushing TD for Cam Newton.

2020 for ya

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game by Miami. Things are changing!
This game was different than game 1 last year. The Fins are trending in the right direction.

I have to give credit to the Pats OC. The play calls made the most of Cam's running ability. Also, I thought the Fins would be able to run the ball better. The Pats played the run well. The Pats' defense deserves credit also.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SteelersPride,

I find it kind of weird that as a Steelers fan you are so interested in the Fins vs. Pats game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real Fitzmagic showed up this week.

He is by far the most on or off starter in the league.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SteelersPride,

I find it kind of weird that as a Steelers fan you are so interested in the Fins vs. Pats game.
It helps if u actually tag me. Why? I like football. Like the pats...enjoy talking football. Also keep hearing how the phins turned it all around .

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It helps if u actually tag me. Why? I like football. Like the pats...enjoy talking football. Also keep hearing how the phins turned it all around .

You act like a jerk with your posts. That says a lot about you beyond football talk.

RE the topic: No one is saying the Fins have arrived with their improvement. They are getting better. It takes time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like a jerk with your posts. That says a lot about you beyond football talk.

RE the topic: No one is saying the Fins have arrived with their improvement. They are getting better. It takes time.
Thanks. It says a lot to judge how someone is in real life by a few posts you read as well. Also venture to the main board before you make that statement, it’s been said.
Have a good one.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. It says a lot to judge how someone is in real life by a few posts you read as well. Also venture to the main board before you make that statement, it’s been said.
Have a good one.

You are a Steelers fan who acts like a jerk to Fins fans while rooting for the Pats. You don't find that a little weird?

Let me clue you in. Posting your thoughts on a sports forum is real life.

This isn't the main board. I am not talking about discussions on another board.

If time on the main board means more chats with you then I can do without that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a Steelers fan who acts like a jerk to Fins fans while rooting for the Pats. You don't find that a little weird?

Let me clue you in. Posting your thoughts on a sports forum is real life.

This isn't the main board. I am not talking about discussions on another board.

If time on the main board means more chats with you then I can do without that.
Curious, aside from my discussions with FFF, and tagging paolo to another thread. What did I say that was so awful? A quick glance at this thread doesn’t show anything.

I discussed with psaboy. We talk. We bs about horse racing....so having a discussion with him seems fine as well

Regardless, apologies. Have a good one.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious, aside from my discussions with FFF, and tagging paolo to another thread. What did I say that was so awful? A quick glance at this thread doesn’t show anything.

I discussed with psaboy. We talk. We bs about horse racing....so having a discussion with him seems fine as well

Regardless, apologies. Have a good one.

Multiple lol comments is what you are doing. You bring negativity to the board. It doesn't really contribute to the chats.

I think there is reason for optimism with the team. The Fins are a young team that will keep getting better. If you don't agree with that it's fine. However, you don't have to make the lol comments every time a fan shows some optimism. After all you are on the Fins board.

I also wish you a good day.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple lol comments is what you are doing. You bring negativity to the board. It doesn't really contribute to the chats.

I think there is reason for optimism with the team. The Fins are a young team that will keep getting better. If you don't agree with that it's fine. However, you don't have to make the lol comments every time a fan shows some optimism. After all you are on the Fins board.

Honestly, I did lol. You are correct. It’s a team board each team board operates differently. Some welcome banter, some do not. It’s been a long stand tradition of no trolling on team boards on tHoop. I’ve had some back and forth here at times... But regardless that’s on me. You are correct.

I actually agree on the optimism. I like the coach and the direction. I just actually think they may stay around last years record or step back before surging forward. However , that doesn’t mean I don’t think they’ve made some good moves...

But again, sorry...I really am not as big to an A**....as it may appear, you’d probably be shocked IRL.

side note. How do you feel about todays game? I feel the bills are horribly overrated. Even more so after week 1 against the damn jets. I’m contemplating how I wanna wager on that game. I want the phins. But can’t decide if I want straight up, or some points(and how many). The public is hammering the bills because of last week.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I did lol. You are correct. It’s a team board each team board operates differently. Some welcome banter, some do not. It’s been a long stand tradition of no trolling on team boards on tHoop. I’ve had some back and forth here at times... But regardless that’s on me. You are correct.

I actually agree on the optimism. I like the coach and the direction. I just actually think they may stay around last years record or step back before surging forward. However , that doesn’t mean I don’t think they’ve made some good moves...

But again, sorry...I really am not as big to an A**....as it may appear, you’d probably be shocked IRL.

side note. How do you feel about todays game? I feel the bills are horribly overrated. Even more so after week 1 against the damn jets. I’m contemplating how I wanna wager on that game. I want the phins. But can’t decide if I want straight up, or some points(and how many). The public is hammering the bills because of last week.

I think the Fins will have to defend the QB running game better. If they don't stop Allen's running the Fins will lose again. The Fins have a very good secondary I don't expect him to have a big day passing the ball. If the Fins can keep it close then the weather could become a factor in the second half. It will be in the low 90's. The Bills are not used to that.

I am not a gambling man. I have seen guys get addicted. I have won a few football pools at work in the past but I seldom gamble.

IMO not stopping Cam's runs was the team's biggest mistake vs the Pats. I would rather see the team use a safety or LB to spy on a player like Cam and make him throw it more. He isn't the most accurate passer but the play calls and lack of adjustments by the Fins was a major factor. That said, Flores should keep getting better. He has a very good foundation to build on as a coach.

RE the optimism for the Fins: I definitely see improvement with the Fins Oline among other areas and that has been a weakness of the team for a long time. That is one of the areas that could become a real strength of the team. The Bills Dline presents a major challenge. We will see if they can keep improving.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see lots of reason for optimism. You are not usually this negative. Stay the course.....