• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Miracle

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This play is being called the Miami Miracle. It was really not a miracle though. The Fins practice the play every week. That's called good preparation and execution. The Pats put Gronk as the last line of defense which also helped. There was no way he was going to match Drake's speed. Credit also needs to go to the Fins players performing well enough to be in a position to win it with one play. Gore and Bolden among others earned the win. Finally, other Pats mistakes helped including Gostkowski's missed kicks and Brady's mistake at the end of the first half when he let the clock run out. This was the ultimate spoiler game because it all but guarantees that the Pats lost the AFC #1 seed and may even lose a first round bye. The play was legendary as it is one of the best non playoff winning plays in the history of the Dolphins franchise.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play works roughly once per decade. It was a miracle man, sorry. You can execute it all you want, but there still has to be a rather absurd breakdown by the D for it to hit for a TD. Helluva win, though. You guys have a lot of life. Baltimore blowing that lead was huge for everyone else in the AFC mix.

I practice full court shots at the gym sometimes. If I drop one to win a game, it'd still be a damn miracle. lol

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying. I have made half court shots but never in a game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play works roughly once per decade. It was a miracle man, sorry. You can execute it all you want, but there still has to be a rather absurd breakdown by the D for it to hit for a TD. Helluva win, though. You guys have a lot of life. Baltimore blowing that lead was huge for everyone else in the AFC mix.

I practice full court shots at the gym sometimes. If I drop one to win a game, it'd still be a damn miracle. lol
I think that the point is that some teams don't even have a plan for this situation they basically give up so I give the coaches some credit. They even had blockers way down the field lined up...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the point is that some teams don't even have a plan for this situation they basically give up so I give the coaches some credit. They even had blockers way down the field lined up...

Everyone has a package of desperation, last second plays man. This is the NFL. If they didn't - there would be something very wrong.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone has a package of desperation, last second plays man. This is the NFL. If they didn't - there would be something very wrong.
You are probably right but in most cases you can't see it out there. Even if Drake was tackled there was a clear plan and blocking in place... of course luck is involved.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk said that he had always practiced for the Hail Mary pass. The Fins made it more like a kick return when Drake got the ball.

The Fins were better prepared then the haphazard last minute attempts that you usually see. Gase and the coaches definitely deserve credit along with the players. Ted Larsen for example hustled down field in order to make a key block. Tannehill to Stills to Parker to Drake with good blocking. That was a winning plan for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk said that he had always practiced for the Hail Mary pass. The Fins made it more like a kick return when Drake got the ball.

The Fins were better prepared then the haphazard last minute attempts that you usually see. Gase and the coaches definitely deserve credit along with the players. Ted Larsen for example hustled down field in order to make a key block. Tannehill to Stills to Parker to Drake with good blocking. That was a winning plan for sure.

The FuckinFins made the play. They get my respect for making it.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FuckinFins made the play. They get my respect for making it.....
Agreed look at the chiefs half ass effort last night couldn't even complete one lateral haha!