• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat - Utah Jazz Late Game Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting now.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on beating the OverHEATed yesterday!

Something I would love seeing that's not likely to happen soon. Le Wrong's old team finishing ahead of his new team.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st half:

The Jazz got off to a hot shooting start.

Neither team played good defense, as there were fastbreaks after made baskets.

I didn't enjoy the first half.

2nd half:

This was better. Kanter showed some nice versatility, with with his jumper, and he had a nice roll move.

But the offense still feels too random. It doesn't feel like a 1-2-3 punch. I have no idea who most of these plays are for when they're run, I guess it's whoever's open. I don't like that aspect of it.

The Jazz did show some toughness in not blowing the lead, and in getting rebounds. They didn't back down.

I'm not really liking what I'm seeing from Burke.

Overall, this win just felt like a random win, not a sign of some great performance or all-around team execution. Not a good game IMO. More like the Heat could never get over the hump, partly due to the Jazz not backing down, but also partly because the Heat were just stuck in mud.

I give the Jazz credit for some toughness, but not execution or skill.

And that shooting in the 1st quarter was just random. The Jazz aren't normally that great at shooting.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see that Trey Burke watched Ray Allen's preparation for the game and Ray Allen talked to him, giving him advice. Thought that was nice and classy. They said that the Jazz coaches had him do that, but I don't know if that was something he suggested and they made it happen, something that he said he'd like to do and they took the initiative, or if maybe he actually did set it up himself.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see that Trey Burke watched Ray Allen's preparation for the game and Ray Allen talked to him, giving him advice. Thought that was nice and classy. They said that the Jazz coaches had him do that, but I don't know if that was something he suggested and they made it happen, something that he said he'd like to do and they took the initiative, or if maybe he actually did set it up himself.

Yeah I saw that. Nice moment.

Allen's always been a classy guy IMO. Rarely has incidents with other players. One of the few times I can remember was that there were some verbal shots fired at Glenn Robinson during the offseason, after the 2002-2003 season in which Milwaukee collapsed at the end.

And then during the start of 2004-2005, Seattle got blown out in their 1st game, losing by 30 points to the Clippers, and Allen said he rallied the team against coach McMillan after that. Whatever Allen meant by that, it worked, since Seattle had a good season, made the playoffs, and gave the Spurs the toughest test in the West.

Other than that, coaches and players always seem to like him, and rarely say anything bad.

Regardless of how Burke came to watch Allen, it probably set a good precedent. He will probably take the initiative in the future, and ask other veterans for advice too, and learn from them.

I think Burke's eagerness to learn is a good thing.