• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Sacramento Kings Game Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot how good rudy gay really is. i have barely watched any kings games this year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley playing dumb today as he has of late since coming back from injury - expect to see his minutes cut until he earns it again

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot how good rudy gay really is. i have barely watched any kings games this year.

The Heat make anybody look good.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron instead of attacking the basket and scoring inside , passes it to Bosh who settles for a 3 - Lebron has disppeared the entire second half - his soul left for Portland early.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat need to work on their help-D too many mistakes off it

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Its a road loss and not the end of the world, but I have a feeling that this one could hurt more than usual. They were on the verge of history and blew it because: (1) they decided to rest Wade and Allen and thereby broke all respect for their opponent. If they were going to sit tomorrow should have been the day if living and dying by their mantra, (2) Chalmers and Beasley really looked awful in the 4th and overtime. Chalmers single handidly cost them the game with two missed free throws and the horrible flagrant 1 -- bad, bad Mario showed up, and (3) Spolestra blew it not calling a time out with the game tied and 10 seconds left. Lebron made it worst by playing hero ball...why not go to Bosh. Again, not a big deal but this one could be a little divisive because of how it stopped them from getting a record and the decision on sitting out players coupled with poor play and decision making.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen and Birdman sitting out is understandable and justified - They have real, nagging injuries - Wade is just a pussy, diva that likes to be babied at this point in his career and the Heat coaching staff is dumb enough to allow it.

I expect both Allen and Birdman to be out again today - But, there is no reason at all for the diva not to play - then again there was no reason for him not to play yesterday - And there hasnt been any reason for him to sit out any games this year and he has, so who knows. Soon enough, this divas era will be over in Miami and we will have a roster with no egos and guys who actually want to play and will give it everything they got every game.

I think this loss can, I will use the simple word “bother” a team but not because of not being able to reach some record but because of how they lost a game they had well in hand.Like I said, between LeQueen, which would be a good way to describe how he played in the second half of the game(not counting OT) and the diva, we have two of the biggest egos in the NBA and probably all major sports..They dont care about team records, they are worried about individual success and individual accomplishments.

As for Spo not calling a timeout, he often doesnt call a timeout in that situation and it works - But, the flip/negative side of that is, LBJ often holds on to the ball for far too long to do nothing good with it as was the case.

Yes, Mario Chalmers made some bone-headed plays - But, LBJ was the one to cost us this game and single-handedly lose the game. He disappeared up until OT - As I said, he made a bad decision with the clock running out. Turnovers. Missed FTs. Fouls. Bad shot selection. Despite his stats, this was one of LBJ’s worst games of the season in my opinion because of how many things he did that were costly to the team and contributed to the loss.

Somebody on the team has to have the balls to stand up to LBJ and put him in his place - It is funny how he is always go after Chalmers in particular for mistakes he makes, yet half of the time he does that - He is the one that makes the most mistakes and yet no one, nor he holds him responsible for it.

I always get shit because some idiots on here think I believe this team should be undefeated - That is far from the truth - This is not the NFL, through 82-games and some times back-to-backs, that is impossible… But, fact is - while the Heat only has 7 losses, if you look at the way and the margin by which they have lost these games - you can make a case they really should only still have at most 3-4 losses by now. This is why sometimes I say a certain loss is a bad loss or a well deserved loss because it was a loss that had no buisness being a loss as was the case last night.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley playing dumb today as he has of late since coming back from injury - expect to see his minutes cut until he earns it again

May I ask what he did that was dumb?

The whole offense was pretty much out of sync.
A few times the ball was passed to him when the shot clock was running out.
He did his best to get a decent shot off and even got the and 1 at a crucial point of the game.
He hit his FT's. He rebounded. He defended.

Yes, Cousins got some boards when Beas was in the area, but come on. That isn't to be expected?

Also, he had only played in 1 game since coming back from the injury and was a spark plug and very efficient in the comeback win vs Atlanta.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refreshing criticism by at least one Heat fan

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I ask what he did that was dumb?

The whole offense was pretty much out of sync.
A few times the ball was passed to him when the shot clock was running out.
He did his best to get a decent shot off and even got the and 1 at a crucial point of the game.
He hit his FT's. He rebounded. He defended.

Yes, Cousins got some boards when Beas was in the area, but come on. That isn't to be expected?

He had a few mental lapses on defense that resulted in some bad, costly fouls( He had 5 total) at least 2-3 of those were bad fouls and very costly. And yeah, the whole offense was out of sync as you said, and I am not trying to single out Beas but his shot selection last night was as if it was 2008 all over again. And when I say he has been playing dumb/bad of late I mean even going back a few games before he got injured - His defense and overall game has been a little lackluster… As I said in one game before he got injured, he just looked disengaged on both ends of the floor which surprised me considering he has been quite a surprise this season especially on defense.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loss last night sucked.. Lebron disappeared the second half but whatever, we cant blame him for the loss.. With 1 min on the clock, the heat up 5, Chalmers goes and commits one of the dumbest fouls i have seen in just bum rushing Cousins.. Thats a thug play and it cost us the game. It was the reason we lost, simple... He has commited a few of these type of fouls lately and there is no need for that on this team. If I was Riler or Spo, I wouldnt wait for the league to suspend him on his next flagrant, I would send a message now and suspend him a game or 2 for that type of play. He did it against Teague the other night as well...

I do have to question tho Spo in his rotations.. Im not criticizing him just questioning why he keeps changing up the rotation so much. There isnt any chance for guys to get in sync with eachother. You have Mason jr who sits on the bench the game before then next game is a starter, you have Beasley who doesnt play then next game gets big minutes and has to close a game. There needs to be more consistency in the rotation.I know with injuries it makes it difficult, but still play James Jones as the starter and move Mason Jr to get some minutes, you dont have him start..

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo nor Riley will be sending no messages by suspending Chalmers, not going to happened. Their have been some bone-headed things happen on the court and I have yet to see them hold guys accountable for it -- Granted, it has been done often by our best players, and they are often given a pass. But, anyhow - I think it is wishful thinking to want to see the heat staff suspend Chalmers for the flagrant fouls or anyone for that matter unless they do something really wrong( legal matters, etc)

You and most people in here often question Spo in his rotations. Up until recently Beasley was injured,now Allen, Birdman and the diva - I wouldnt say Spo is changing his rotations, at least not purposely but because he has to because guys are hurt, or Wade’s bitch ass wants to sit out a game. When you have so many guys out you have to change things up a bit.

I have to mention Shane aka The Scrub Battier here - I would actually say Spo doesnt change his rotations enough - Shane shouldve been out of it long ago but there is such a big love affair with him and he gets so over-valued that Spo rather make changes elsewhere in the rotations before he even considers removing Shane completely. Shane is now in one of his lucky streaks where he is hitting shots but still playing shitty defense as ususal but Spo will never take him out of the rotation unless he is injured.

Also, don’t look at the fact that Spo isnt set on a rotation is a bad thing, it speaks to the depth of the team. We have guys who can and have started at some point or another in their careers and you will often see those guys play especially when we have a bitch of a player who decides to sit out games some times and guys that are injured. I think every team wishes they had a roster like the Heat where they can go deep into their bench and plug in guys with starter experience.

As the season goes on, maybe Spo will be set on a rotation - But, if not, lets analyze the reasons why he may not yet be set on one before criticizing the issue. I think it is a luxury to be able to use so many players at given times.

As for the issue about guys getting in sync with each other, players have to find a way to make that work on the court throughout the course of a game. One way to keep in sync with each other throughout the game is, better and more constant ball movement and communication… When the Heat allow LBJ or Wade to play hero-ball that messes with the players more than anything else.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birdman is out for tonight officially. LeQueen is a game-time decision and Wade and Allen are warming up and expected to play.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeQueen is officially out tonight. No excuse for this absence. Yeah he got hurt, but he was obviously well enough to play through it, so he should’ve been good enough to play through it tonight no matter the circumstances. I knew he would bitch out of a game eventually.

He is also doubtful for the next game, which isnt until Monday @ Denver.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Beasley to starting for LeQueen. Hope for a great game out of Beas. Chalmers, Wade, The scrub, and Bosh the other starters.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10th different lineup in game 30 of the season.