• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Regular Season Game Thread For Month Of October/Novemember

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoelstra: No time for panic with Heat rotation

But there will indeed be panic over this because there is panic over this -- its the only way the Spo haters have ammo to criticize him.

There's nothing to panic over or about.
This roster is void of talent.
No move Spo makes can change that.
His job this year is to develop the 4-5 players on this roster that are keepers so that this summer they can surround them with the best available fitting pieces.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern of all is Justice Winslow. Pretty frustrating that he had all summer and his jumpshot did not improve a lick. If we had known Wade was walking after last season, I'm pretty sure they would have gone with the better offensive SG/SF and drafted either Booker or Stanley Johnson

I agree to an extent, but Winslow wasn't drafted for his offense.
Yes, you want it to progress, but you also want him to continue to become a lockdown defender.
We can add offense for next season and hopefully lesson what they think they need from Winslow this year.

In hindsite, Booker is prob the better player, but at the time nobody questioned the Winslow selection.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent, but Winslow wasn't drafted for his offense.
Yes, you want it to progress, but you also want him to continue to become a lockdown defender.
We can add offense for next season and hopefully lesson what they think they need from Winslow this year.

In hindsite, Booker is prob the better player, but at the time nobody questioned the Winslow selection.

Yeah agree with everything. Plus at the time of the draft, Winslow was the better fit for that roster. Booker would not have been a great fit for our team last year. I do think if both Winslow and Johnson were on the board at the time of our pick, we would have went with Johnson

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later, a change will have to be made to the starting lineup because having both Winslow and Waiters starting is not good. They're both shooting 31% which is obviously unacceptable.

Things are never going to go well when you have 2 players in your starting lineup shooting 31%

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later, a change will have to be made to the starting lineup because having both Winslow and Waiters starting is not good. They're both shooting 31% which is obviously unacceptable.

Things are never going to go well when you have 2 players in your starting lineup shooting 31%

I know this will be an unpopular statement, but I don't care anymore -- I have faith in Waiters coming around offensively. As for Winslow, I was on the bandwagon in his rookie year as much if not more than anyone no matter what - I think Waiters will come around sooner. We have known for a while that Winslow is limited offensively despite the few good moments he has shown in that area in his short career. The more he tries offensively, the uglier it looks, at least so far.

More importantly, who do we replace these guys with considering what we have on our current roster right now?

TJ for Waiters? Who for Winslow? That being said, I always felt like he would've been better off coming off the bench even with this roster -- knowing his limitations, I always felt like it was a bad idea to just throw him into the starting lineup -- he had to earn it, and just hasn't.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TJ maybe.

J-Rich, like Winslow is still young and while he too has shown some good things in his young career, its not consistent enough to just throw him into the starting lineup. And as I always say, you have to earn it - he has just returned from injury and hasn't even shown much to deserve the minutes he's gotten off the bench -- let alone be a starter.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this will be an unpopular statement, but I don't care anymore -- I have faith in Waiters coming around offensively. As for Winslow, I was on the bandwagon in his rookie year as much if not more than anyone no matter what - I think Waiters will come around sooner. We have known for a while that Winslow is limited offensively despite the few good moments he has shown in that area in his short career. The more he tries offensively, the uglier it looks, at least so far.

More importantly, who do we replace these guys with considering what we have on our current roster right now?

TJ for Waiters? Who for Winslow? That being said, I always felt like he would've been better off coming off the bench even with this roster -- knowing his limitations, I always felt like it was a bad idea to just throw him into the starting lineup -- he had to earn it, and just hasn't.

Have you seen Waiters play before this year? This is who he is. His % may come up a little bit but his efficiency is very poor. He's not going to shoot 40% this season which is incredibly bad.

I think you have to leave Winslow starting because he brings other things to the table. If Waiters is not scoring, what is the point of him starting? As for TJ starting over Waiters, I don't think they can go that route due to his small size. The logical move will be Richardson but can't make that move now. Must wait til Richardson gets back to being himself. Give him another 2 weeks I'll say

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Waiters play before this year? This is who he is. His % may come up a little bit but his efficiency is very poor. He's not going to shoot 40% this season which is incredibly bad.

I think you have to leave Winslow starting because he brings other things to the table. If Waiters is not scoring, what is the point of him starting? As for TJ starting over Waiters, I don't think they can go that route due to his small size. The logical move will be Richardson but can't make that move now. Must wait til Richardson gets back to being himself. Give him another 2 weeks I'll say

I have seen him play his entire career. But, I have always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that he has never been able to live up to his potential because he was overshadowed by bigger names being the focal point on the teams he has been on. I still think on this team he can emerge as one of our top options on offense.

Trial and error is what this season is about and will be about - we just gotta take our hits and learn from them

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its bad enough TNT is the only option for the game tonight - let me know when all the Diva Wade pre-game SportsHoopla is over and the game actually starts.

Betting lines have us between a 1.5-2pt favorites probably simply because of the ' HCA"

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific start

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then of course we let them tie

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 1 after 1 after Richardson just let McD shoot like if it was practice there at the end of the quarter

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied at 53 at the half. Not bad.

The Heat are just a touch off on both ends of having a little more breathing room in this one. They need to play better.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This lady ref has always been terrible - as most refs are against the Heat -- but shes especially terrible against the Heat

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied at 70 after 3 . the little things again like I said earlier are keeping the Heat from having more breathing room.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dragic done for the night, need to go back to Whiteside ASAP or this will get away from us