• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off-Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie Reed to LAC. As Ira mentioned, with the Heat having to take on Hammons in the trade for the legendary McRoberts also hindered a potential Heat-Reed return it seems, according to Ira

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat save the best for last. UD back on a one year deal. The Heat have officially won the off-season.....

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if we give up Dragic and Winslow. Otherwise I'll pass

Throw in Waiters or TJ. There are other Waiters and TJs in the Association.

You need 3 stars to compete for titles. Irving/Whiteside/???

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters and TJ are replaceable.

They are but Kyrie isn't that great. He needs another superstar next to him. There is a reason the Cavs are ass whenever LBJ misses a game or takes an extended break. No way am I giving up 3 solid players for him. The only reason I would do TJ is because of his contract but 3 for 1 seems a bit much.

Kyrie is the PG version of Carmelo Anthony. Great iso player. One of the best offensive players in basketball but isn't a team player and his defense is trash.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess our opinions differ on Kyrie, but just about every superstar has another one next to him, nowadays. You need 3 of them.

Goran plays the same position as Kyrie, and is 33.

Winslow has left us wanting more. Who knows what his future is.

I got no problem giving up those 2.

I really just view it as giving up one legit extra asset, TJ/Waiters. But your also getting rid of their salary.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess our opinions differ on Kyrie, but just about every superstar has another one next to him, nowadays. You need 3 of them.

I really just view it as giving up one legit extra asset, TJ/Waiters. But your also getting rid of their salary.

Not sure where you got 33 from. Goran just turned 31 a few months ago. I feel like waiters salary is not an issue. 13 mill isn't bad at all. Tyler contract is a small issue because that contract was poison pill

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irving plays alongside Kevin Love as well. When Lebron's off the court, both Irving and Love can't do anything with that team. Their record is atrocious without Lebron.

Right now, you need a team to have multiple all stars to be in title contention - not to simply win games. The way the Cavs are constructed, they wouldn't even make the playoffs if Lebron was off the roster - they're that bad.

In addition, Dragic fits more into what the Heat are trying to do. I wouldn't mind having Irving, but to give up the farm for him wouldn't be ideal.