• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 5 Game Thread vs Cincinnati Bengals

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins hold the Bengals to 3 with 330 left to play in the game -- the Fins will have to show they still have something in them offensively which they haven't shown for too long in this second half.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
330 left to play - If the Fins don't use up this entire clock on this drive it is a complete failure.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the first play is a behind the line of scrimmage pass

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game over. Too bad the loss will go against the team and the QB will get all the blame - as is usually the case in the NFL -- and especially for this fan base -- But that drive was dead from the beginning.

Another drive where the Fins get pass happy when it makes absolutely no sense.

Offensive line is banged up -- but AG insist on calling pass play when the run game had been working.

If he isn't on the hot-seat after this game, something is really wrong.

No doubt - if the Fins pull off this miracle it will be despite Adam Gase because he has simply spent the entire game making calls to set the team up for failure - especially in the second half.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really laughable how NOW its when the Dolphins want to go to Gesicki

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins need to stop the excuses every week that there is no one out there for them to pick up to help them at the OL and other positions considering all the help they need - every week teams bring in guys for tryouts -- but the Fins simply refuse to sign anyone or promote from their PS.

I think AG and company are just waiting to be able to use the excuse that there is really no one out there available to sign -- if they keep letting weeks go by without signing someone it will be true eventually

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game over. Too bad the loss will go against the team and the QB will get all the blame - as is usually the case in the NFL -- and especially for this fan base -- But that drive was dead from the beginning.

Another drive where the Fins get pass happy when it makes absolutely no sense.

Offensive line is banged up -- but AG insist on calling pass play when the run game had been working.

If he isn't on the hot-seat after this game, something is really wrong.

No doubt - if the Fins pull off this miracle it will be despite Adam Gase because he has simply spent the entire game making calls to set the team up for failure - especially in the second half.

Tannehill should be to blamed, he pretty much handed the game to the Bengals. Time to get another QB in next years draft. Remember, he was a better wide receiver at A&M than he was QB.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins need to stop the excuses every week that there is no one out there for them to pick up to help them at the OL and other positions considering all the help they need - every week teams bring in guys for tryouts -- but the Fins simply refuse to sign anyone or promote from their PS.

I think AG and company are just waiting to be able to use the excuse that there is really no one out there available to sign -- if they keep letting weeks go by without signing someone it will be true eventually

Yeah..... tons of players out there to help. Enough to make another 4 to 5 playoff caliber teams.

You are truly a buffoon.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill should be to blamed, he pretty much handed the game to the Bengals. Time to get another QB in next years draft. Remember, he was a better wide receiver at A&M than he was QB.

I wouldn't expect you to be willing or able to analyze the game objectively since you have been trying to sell the same narrative for as long as I can remember - but reasonable minds who watched this game from the start -- who saw the way the Fins were approaching it - will understand that this is on coaching.

They were doing certain things in the first half that were working - they built a lead into the half - got complacent and got away from it. Thats coaching.

its one thing to get away from your game plan when the opponent starts defend you a certain way and take things away -- its another to get away from your game plan just because -- and thats what has happened under AG far too many times in his time here.

Lets not forget the Fins were down a couple of OL BEFORE the game and then lost two more late in the game -- Not a single QB in the league would be able to do much with those missing pieces - but I know not to expect certain people of this fan base to be able to realize that.

But I digress - as I said earlier - I wouldn't expect you to be willing or able to analyze the game objectively due to the baseless narrative you've been trying to sell for as long as I can remember.

I know the more reasonable minds of this message board will come forward later in the day and week.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect you to be willing or able to analyze the game objectively since you have been trying to sell the same narrative for as long as I can remember - but reasonable minds who watched this game from the start -- who saw the way the Fins were approaching it - will understand that this is on coaching.

They were doing certain things in the first half that were working - they built a lead into the half - got complacent and got away from it. Thats coaching.

its one thing to get away from your game plan when the opponent starts defend you a certain way and take things away -- its another to get away from your game plan just because -- and thats what has happened under AG far too many times in his time here.

Lets not forget the Fins were down a couple of OL BEFORE the game and then lost two more late in the game -- Not a single QB in the league would be able to do much with those missing pieces - but I know not to expect certain people of this fan base to be able to realize that.

But I digress - as I said earlier - I wouldn't expect you to be willing or able to analyze the game objectively due to the baseless narrative you've been trying to sell for as long as I can remember.

I know the more reasonable minds of this message board will come forward later in the day and week.

Well things looked good in first half, what changed?? Tannehill needs to protect the ball, period. That is job one of a QB. Why are you such a fan of his? What has he ever done that makes you continue to think he is a good QB? Just because you are tall and have a strong arm doesn't mean you are a QB. He pretty much served the game up on a platter for the Bengals. Once again, the Dolphins snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

You keep blaming coaches and injuries, How many coaches do they need to go thru every 3-4 years? Every team has injuries, every game and every year. You need to stop waving the injury flag every time the team blows.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well things looked good in first half, what changed?? Tannehill needs to protect the ball, period. That is job one of a QB. Why are you such a fan of his? What has he ever done that makes you continue to think he is a good QB? Just because you are tall and have a strong arm doesn't mean you are a QB. He pretty much served the game up on a platter for the Bengals. Once again, the Dolphins snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

You keep blaming coaches and injuries, How many coaches do they need to go thru every 3-4 years? Every team has injuries, every game and every year. You need to stop waving the injury flag every time the team blows.
Yes Tanny made some bad plays the bouncing off his own players helmet for a pick 6 was horrific bad luck but once Tunsil went out they simply couldn't run their offence. Not impossible but very difficult when you are on your 3rd center and back up LG and LT. Hard to find guys working at taco bell to replace them...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention that Gase made a horrible call when it was third and a foot. You can't always try long pass plays unless you plan on going for it on forth down. Ridiculous...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mentioning the coaches and injuries is not "blaming " those are just the facts about what proved costly in this game.

I am a Dolphins fan first and foremost, I am not a fan of any one particular player. I root for all of them equally - as well as criticize them equally when it is deserved.

But again, reasonable minds would come to the same conclusions as the broadcasters of todays game with regards to Tannehill -- His biggest obstacles have been injuries of his own, or to his OL - and when they are healthy, they are making costly mistakes -- these are just the facts.

Everyone has an opinion - we all respect that. But when someone makes a lazy comment like " time to get another QB" then provide little to nothing to back it up, it really makes what you say meaningless.

In this sense, I don't blame the coaches or front office -- the Dolphins didn't go after a QB in the draft because they were satisfied with Tannehill and know of his potential when he is healthy and the guys around him are doing their part. Like I said earlier, the Fins were down 2 OL's BEFORE the game and lost TWO MORE in the most crucial of moments in this one - if you don't think that plays a role in how your QB and entire offense performs, you have serious brain injuries to get checked for.

As far as how many coaches the team has had over the years, thats a management issue. This fan base, this organization, for far too long has been way too quick in hitting the panic button. Continuity must start from the top - if they keep changing things at the top, you are never going to find the consistency you claim to seek from the rest of your organization. This is me saying this while being critical of AG. I am not calling for his firing (yet) but he certainly has to change some things moving forward.

But the amount of coaches this team has had over the last few years is more so due to panic than anything else.

Last point, I don't " wave the injury flag every time this team blows". First of all, this team is 3-2 which suggest they far from blow - they've already matched and will surpass, at some point, the amount of wins most "experts" predicted this team would accomplish. As far as injuries, again, yes they are apart of the game. But whether you like it or not, they are a factor as to this teams struggles.

The fact that you don't agree with that point doesn't make it untrue.

Last point, a tweet from Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald - a guy I rarely, if at all agree with - but he can hit on providing perspective every once in a while for a fan base that sorely needs it.

Several people realize this is when the game changed -- but there is always a few brain dead folks trying to sell their own lousy, baseless narratives.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some telling stats:

Fins ran 60 plays on offense vs 58 for Cincy - the fins rushed the ball 22 times vs 35 pass attempts - thats not balanced at all - it got lopsided in the second half because the fins allowed it.
4/13 for the fins on 3rd down efficiency - and if you look back at the game, if you can't admit that at least half of the time they failed to convert was due to poor play calling.

9 penalties for 85 yards

Time of possession difference wasn't big -- but the Fins never seem to prioritize it on game day as much as they claim they want it to heading into the game.

In todays game, when the Fins should've been working the clock, they neglected it by going pass happy.

This is the EXACT formula to losing a game/blowing a late double-digit lead.

Armando also reporting that AG has said Tannehill remains the QB for the Fins. Not sure why that would even be a serious question. I am willing to bet Armando himself asked it.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, after re-considering, other factors, other than tannekill lead to the lose. But I still stand firm that, he as the QB, needs to be the leader and protect that ball. Throwing pick 6 and coughing up ball that produce's TD is not what an top QB does, period. Though he is not cause of the lose 100%, he is the main reason they lost.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention that Gase made a horrible call when it was third and a foot. You can't always try long pass plays unless you plan on going for it on forth down. Ridiculous...

This is my EXACT point and problem with AG. Go and look at how many times the Fins have been in third and 1 or inches -- I am betting the difference between the times he has called a pass play over a run in those situations is far greater than it should be.

This is why I always emphasize coaching and play calling as our biggest problem on offense.

He is a big play or bust play caller. Absolutely nothing wrong with going for the big play but when you do it without having established any other aspect of your offense, you are setting up the team for failure.

With the latest issues this team is facing with the offensive line, you would think he would ease up on those play calls in the next game -- BUT knowing how stubborn of a play caller he is and how terrible he has been at admitting to his mistakes and lack of adjustments, I expect more wasted drives thanks to unnecessary big play attempts.

Lets see how it goes this week. I am interested in seeing who practices this entire week only to have AG declare him out for the game for absolutely no reason again.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, after re-considering, other factors, other than tannekill lead to the lose. But I still stand firm that, he as the QB, needs to be the leader and protect that ball. Throwing pick 6 and coughing up ball that produce's TD is not what an top QB does, period. Though he is not cause of the lose 100%, he is the main reason they lost.

Actually, top QBs throw pick 6's all the time. Be it on Thursdays, Sundays or Mondays, top QBs throw pick 6's quite often just like any other QB out there.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, top QBs throw pick 6's all the time. Be it on Thursdays, Sundays or Mondays, top QBs throw pick 6's quite often just like any other QB out there.

But not then cough up ball for a TD, They have a 17 point lead, protect the ball at all costs

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not then cough up ball for a TD, They have a 17 point lead, protect the ball at all costs

Pretty top QBs cough up big leads all the time -- all it takes is watching a little NFL football any of the 3 days of the week its on