• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets Week 9 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad coverage on kick return - bad clock management and management of TOs - allows the Jests to get down field and close the gap to 7 before the half.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins saved by a review -- and then a pick in the endzone and will have a chance to be up +14 at the half - with possession to start the second half.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzmagic gifts the Jets 2 points at the half to make it 21-9 at the half

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead, 21-12 at the half thanks to some gifts from the Fins

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coaching staff is clueless when it comes to game management especially at the end of the half. Why not simply kick off through the endzone and get out of the half? They need coaching for dummies...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins are winless.... NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "Tank for Tua" sweepstakes are on life-support where it belongs.

THIS was "the plan", as some clowns have called it, all along - make us suffer the entire season so that we can get our first win against Adam Gase bitch ass and I love THIS "plan"

Watching the end of game celebration I will reiterate what I have said about this group of guys since the bad seeds were traded - THESE guys want to play for AND win with this team and Flores. They didn't celebrate just amongst themselves - they made sure he got into the mix as well.

To keep things into perspective, it was great to get a win - but there is obviously things to work on.

Balance on offense is obviously something I believe they can improve upon.

That said, Fitzpatrick did a better job of spreading the ball in the passing game rather than sticking to one guy. Fitzpatrick was ineffective running, but at least he did not force the issue as much this week.

On to next week.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins are winless.... NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "Tank for Tua" sweepstakes are on life-support where it belongs.

THIS was "the plan", as some clowns have called it, all along - make us suffer the entire season so that we can get our first win against Adam Gase bitch ass and I love THIS "plan"

Watching the end of game celebration I will reiterate what I have said about this group of guys since the bad seeds were traded - THESE guys want to play for AND win with this team and Flores. They didn't celebrate just amongst themselves - they made sure he got into the mix as well.

To keep things into perspective, it was great to get a win - but there is obviously things to work on.

Balance on offense is obviously something I believe they can improve upon.

That said, Fitzpatrick did a better job of spreading the ball in the passing game rather than sticking to one guy. Fitzpatrick was ineffective running, but at least he did not force the issue as much this week.

On to next week.
Hilarious as the jets are trying to win and still can't do shit against a rebuilding Fins roster. Gase showing himself to be the fraud we all know and love.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am betting the "Tank for Tua" Clown is "hanging" by a thread now, much like the "Tank for Tua" sweepstakes. I love it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope this link of Ross giving the game ball to Flores works.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaningless win in a lost season. All this does is possibly move draft picks down further.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaningless win in a lost season. All this does is possibly move draft picks down further.

Seriously, this sounds like something someone living a lousy life - who has probably never succeeded at anything would say.

There is NOTHING meaningless about a win.

This win gives fans, players, the organization, something to feel good about in what has been a tough season. It gives them something to look forward to in this rebuilding process. It shows them what they are capable of when things finally come together.

A lot of these players aren't guaranteed a roster spot next season or beyond -- shit, a lot of these guys aren't guaranteed a roster spot next week. As we have seen this entire season and see all the time -- players come and go on a weekly basis. Guys are playing for jobs on a weekly basis. There is nothing meaningless about this win or season.

These players, these teams -- play this game for the love of the game - and they do it to make a living and win. They couldn't care less about draft picks/positioning -- and rightly so.

Fuck draft picks - fuck draft positioning. The Dolphins have enough draft picks the next two drafts -- that should be the least of their worries at this point - and today showed such being the case.

Drown in the misery of them winning.

They still have a very beatable and banged up Colts team to face next week - a very beatable, cocky and overrated Browns team in a few weeks -- a beatable Eagles team -- before seeing Adam Gase's bitch ass again the next week for another winnable game -- then they have a shaky Giants team -- then they play the LONE winless team remaining in the Bengals before ending the season against the Cheatriots-who, as usual, will probably have been gifted the division at that point by the refs and league. I think the toughest remaining game for the Fins is their rematch against the Bills -- the rest are real toss-ups if they continue to improve as they have in recent weeks thats allowed them to have some positive moments in games.

Like I said early in the game thread -- the Dolphins should be good for another 2-3 wins this season.

So, as I said before -- you and your pro tank buddy can just drown in the misery of watching this team win because there is more to come. The #1 pick/"Tank for Tua" is dead -- at least for the Fins -- the Bengals could use him instead.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, this sounds like something someone living a lousy life - who has probably never succeeded at anything would say.

This win gives fans, players, the organization, something to feel good about in what has been a tough season. It gives them something to look forward to in this rebuilding process. It shows them what they are capable of when things finally come together.

A lot of these players aren't guaranteed a roster spot next season or beyond -- shit, a lot of these guys aren't guaranteed a roster spot next week. As we have seen this entire season and see all the time -- players come and go on a weekly basis. Guys are playing for jobs on a weekly basis. There is nothing meaningless about this win or season.

These players, these teams -- play this game for the love of the game - and they do it to make a living and win. They couldn't care less about draft picks/positioning -- and rightly so.

Fuck draft picks - fuck draft positioning. The Dolphins have enough draft picks the next two drafts -- that should be the least of their worries at this point - and today showed such being the case.

They still have a very beatable and banged up Colts team to face next week - a very beatable, cocky and overrated Browns team in a few weeks -- a beatable Eagles team -- before seeing Adam Gase's bitch ass again the next week for another winnable game -- then they have a shaky Giants team -- then they play the LONE winless team remaining in the Bengals before ending the season against the Cheatriots-who, as usual, will probably have been gifted the division at that point by the refs and league. I think the toughest remaining game for the Fins is their rematch against the Bills -- the rest are real toss-ups if they continue to improve as they have in recent weeks thats allowed them to have some positive moments in games.

Like I said early in the game thread -- the Dolphins should be good for another 2-3 wins this season.

So, as I said before -- you and your pro tank buddy can just drown in the misery of watching this team win because there is more to come. The #1 pick/"Tank for Tua" is dead -- at least for the Fins -- the Bengals could use him instead.
I don’t know why you insist on resorting to name calling and making assumptions about someone’s life on an internet chat board just because of differing opinions.

Grow up man. Pro sports shouldn’t consume you this much.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously a higher draft pick helps but wins are also positive because it means that this team isn't as far gone as the experts believe. The road to recovery won't be as difficult. In comparison to the Jets the Fins are way ahead as they have a ton of picks and cap space to improve. The Jets will have a way more difficult time improving and I love it! Either way they've already shown improvement since the start of the season. The coaching is my biggest concern but hopefully they are learning from their mistakes. Balance on offense should be looked at as they are way too pass heavy.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously a higher draft pick helps but wins are also positive because it means that this team isn't as far gone as the experts believe. The road to recovery won't be as difficult. In comparison to the Jets the Fins are way ahead as they have a ton of picks and cap space to improve. The Jets will have a way more difficult time improving and I love it! Either way they've already shown improvement since the start of the season. The coaching is my biggest concern but hopefully they are learning from their mistakes. Balance on offense should be looked at as they are way too pass heavy.

I am not disputing the importance of draft picks - they are of significance especially in a rebuilding process. What I am disputing is what some of these clowns have been spewing that -- somehow -- draft picks are MORE important than wins simply because of the way the season is currently going. Like I said yesterday in a previous post - there is significance to this season for many of the guys on the team -- for many reasons. It is what these guys do for a living - some of these guys would probably not be doing nothing with their life if they didn't have football. These games matter to them.

As to the rest of your post with regards to the offense, there was an improvement in blocking and, there did not seem to be any significant injuries to the unit - so there should be some continuity going into this week against the Colts. I think this should allow the coaching staff to feel as though they can try to be more balanced in their play calling and not be so pass-happy.

Mark Walton was a decent pass-catching RB in college -- they can get him involved in the passing game out of the backfield as an extension of the passing game. We have pass-catching FBs. If they want to continue to be pass-happy, they can at least try some higher-percentage, short-passes to open things up from there.

Against the Colts, as much as any other week, I think it would be most important for them to work the running game over the passing game.

By the way, did you see the look on Gase face as he was walking into the locker-room as chants of " Fire Gase" came down from Jets fans -- in Miami? It was a really great day.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not disputing the importance of draft picks - they are of significance especially in a rebuilding process. What I am disputing is what some of these clowns have been spewing that -- somehow -- draft picks are MORE important than wins simply because of the way the season is currently going. Like I said yesterday in a previous post - there is significance to this season for many of the guys on the team -- for many reasons. It is what these guys do for a living - some of these guys would probably not be doing nothing with their life if they didn't have football. These games matter to them.

As to the rest of your post with regards to the offense, there was an improvement in blocking and, there did not seem to be any significant injuries to the unit - so there should be some continuity going into this week against the Colts. I think this should allow the coaching staff to feel as though they can try to be more balanced in their play calling and not be so pass-happy.

Mark Walton was a decent pass-catching RB in college -- they can get him involved in the passing game out of the backfield as an extension of the passing game. We have pass-catching FBs. If they want to continue to be pass-happy, they can at least try some higher-percentage, short-passes to open things up from there.

Against the Colts, as much as any other week, I think it would be most important for them to work the running game over the passing game.

By the way, did you see the look on Gase face as he was walking into the locker-room as chants of " Fire Gase" came down from Jets fans -- in Miami? It was a really great day.
We couldn't ask for a better storyline fire gase haha! Only issue is Williams injuring his knee he should never have been out there on punt return. That's why they signed Grant no?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We couldn't ask for a better storyline fire gase haha! Only issue is Williams injuring his knee he should never have been out there on punt return. That's why they signed Grant no?

Of all my repetitive rants, how many times did I rant about having him on PR/KR going back to pre-season when a lot of people agreed he had solidified his roster spot?

And, its not like Grant was doing poorly back there (when healthy) -- its not like we didn't have other options. I am unclear as to when the injury actually happened - and injuries are part of the game, but I have to put this on coaching to an extent. It really spoils the feeling of the win.

Either way, next man up. Lets see who is tasked with the job going forward - and how this opens the door for other players that maybe weren't getting PT otherwise.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all my repetitive rants, how many times did I rant about having him on PR/KR going back to pre-season when a lot of people agreed he had solidified his roster spot?

And, its not like Grant was doing poorly back there (when healthy) -- its not like we didn't have other options. I am unclear as to when the injury actually happened - and injuries are part of the game, but I have to put this on coaching to an extent. It really spoils the feeling of the win.

Either way, next man up. Lets see who is tasked with the job going forward - and how this opens the door for other players that maybe weren't getting PT otherwise.
It happened on a punt return. Poor decision for a player who was earning a lead receiver role.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a freaking easy schedule ahead of them...