• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs Los Angeles Chargers Week 8 Game Thread

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying he has to win rings consistently or he is a bust. He was hyped by everyone about being a franchise QB - a franchise-changing player - so he must be able to do that immediately or be a bust. I am just going by the hype that everyone else has been trying to sell about this kid.
Win rings consistently?? How many you thinkin 5, 6 or 8?? You are dumber than I thought. How can he win the rings when Joe Burrow the #1 pick will be winning all the rings, per your reasoning?? Was Marino a bust?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flores confirmed yesterday that this is a tank job by the Dolphins. He said the move to Tua is permanent unless there is injury. So, no matter how bad he performs -- nothing is going to make him go back to Fitzpatrick unless there is injury. The tank job is on.

Please provide link or quote from Flores saying the move was associated with goal of tanking.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please provide link or quote from Flores saying the move was associated with goal of tanking.
He said " barring injury" the move was permanent. That suggests that no matter how bad the guy plays -- he will be the QB unless there is an injury. That said it all.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are shopping Jordan Howard before the deadline -- the emergence of Gaskin allows them to entertain a deal.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are shopping Jordan Howard before the deadline -- the emergence of Gaskin allows them to entertain a deal.
That signing was bad move by Dolphins, signed him for way too much. They will be lucky to get a 5th or 6th round pick for him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said " barring injury" the move was permanent. That suggests that no matter how bad the guy plays -- he will be the QB unless there is an injury. That said it all.
Paolo Fitz had the team at 3-3 it's not horrible but are you happy with mediocrity because if that continues 8-8 sure isn't going to win them a bowl. Face it Fitz is a great backup he played to his ability but a better QB probably wins that bills game and maybe hawks too. They drafted Tua and need to find out asap if he's the guy. If not they'll draft another QB next year similar to zona. I'm hearing Tua has been great in practice and this staff plays the best players is that not a good thing? It may take some time to figure this all out but better this year than dragging this out next year or more. Fitz was simply a bridge people need to understand it.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not pretend he was having a great year. He was doing OK. He had 10 TDs (13th) and that's good but he also had 7 INTs.(tied for 29th) His yards 13th and QBR 7th ranked.

I have watched Tua enough to know that he is good at finding open receivers and TEs. I see him only helping the team. He won't be perfect but more often than not he will make plays for his teammates.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo Fitz had the team at 3-3 it's not horrible but are you happy with mediocrity because if that continues 8-8 sure isn't going to win them a bowl. Face it Fitz is a great backup he played to his ability but a better QB probably wins that bills game and maybe hawks too. They drafted Tua and need to find out asap if he's the guy. If not they'll draft another QB next year similar to zona. I'm hearing Tua has been great in practice and this staff plays the best players is that not a good thing? It may take some time to figure this all out but better this year than dragging this out next year or more. Fitz was simply a bridge people need to understand it.
I think if there is something we can all agree with, is that we all feel as though being 3-3 at this point in the season and this rebuilding process is a pleasant surprise. I will never preach mediocrity but considering what was expected of this time at this point, this was something to embrace.

As for the practice stuff -- every player looks good in practice. It is not hard to do against your own teammates.

Anyhow, I dislike this move because like I said before -- there is simply NO reason to do it -- especially not at this time. The team may not be playing all that great, and neither may Fitzpatrick individually - but like I said, it is better than expected. I wouldn't have minded if this move came late in the season after a spot in the playoffs was clinched or the team was out of contention, but you just don't need to do this when there is still much to play for.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if there is something we can all agree with, is that we all feel as though being 3-3 at this point in the season and this rebuilding process is a pleasant surprise. I will never preach mediocrity but considering what was expected of this time at this point, this was something to embrace.

As for the practice stuff -- every player looks good in practice. It is not hard to do against your own teammates.

Anyhow, I dislike this move because like I said before -- there is simply NO reason to do it -- especially not at this time. The team may not be playing all that great, and neither may Fitzpatrick individually - but like I said, it is better than expected. I wouldn't have minded if this move came late in the season after a spot in the playoffs was clinched or the team was out of contention, but you just don't need to do this when there is still much to play for.
I hear you but we simply don't know how Tua will do until you play him that's why he needs to get in there. Fitz was not winning a bowl and this young group of guys are starting to gel together. Fitz won't be around for this his arm already looked tired in the 2nd half of the jets game so may as well let another young guy in Tua be apart of the build. I think they would have waited for the original bye week but since it changed and the oline has been good why not now. Chargers are doing the same with Herbert they could have went back to taylor but why as its an obvious dead end. QB's these days seem to be more ready as well coming out of college sitting for a year or two makes no sense.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Fins offense plays well on Sunday and win that means they can play well against any defense. It's a tough challenge but I think they will be ready. The Fins have better coaching and more talent than they have gotten credit for. Tomorrow could be a statement game.

The defense for the Fins has been getting better each week. The Fins will have to be physical up front. Stopping the Rams running game will create pass rush situations and could cause turnovers. The Fins secondary is the real deal. I think they are one of the best in the NFL.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but we simply don't know how Tua will do until you play him that's why he needs to get in there. Fitz was not winning a bowl and this young group of guys are starting to gel together. Fitz won't be around for this his arm already looked tired in the 2nd half of the jets game so may as well let another young guy in Tua be apart of the build. I think they would have waited for the original bye week but since it changed and the oline has been good why not now. Chargers are doing the same with Herbert they could have went back to taylor but why as its an obvious dead end. QB's these days seem to be more ready as well coming out of college sitting for a year or two makes no sense.
The Herbert situation is different -- that was a freak injury of sorts for Taylor thats why they never went back to Taylor. Plus, Herbert is a talent young QB who has shown his worth. That is the guy we needed to go after.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give Tua his chance to show his worth, but as I have been saying -- I am simply not buying into the hype like everyone else is. I am prepared for this to be ugly -- not just to start his career but long term.

That being said -- here are the keys to the game for the Fins to try to pull off this miracle in spite of having Tua out there now:
Defense and special teams must be flawless. Both units will have to create short-fields for the Dolphins offense to work with and ease the burden on them.

Offensively -- the Dolphins will have to establish and emphasize the run.

Tua did well in college with the short-intermediate type passes -- the RPOs, slants and quick passes. The Dolphins will have to do some of that and some screen and play action in order to make it easy on him.

As mentioned above, the Dolphins OL has played well, but Aaron Donald is a different kind of monster. He can wreck a game on his own.

This is the wrong defense to give a young, fragile rookie his first career start against - But maybe the Dolphins will learn their lesson the hard way and get what they ask for.

Lets see if they can still pull off the miracle in spite of Tua.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowden Jr, Ahmed, Cox, Jamal Perry, Jordan Howard, Strowbridge inactive today

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins will start on defense after winning toss - already starting with a penalty with the ball not having even been snapped.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite a 3-and-out but still a nice stop for the Dolphins D

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the Dolphins to go on offense and feature their weak college football style offense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua drops back for a pass and fumbles the ball in the redzone.

It is officially Tua time. And it begins as expected.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that -- the Rams are on the board. Going to get started on the thread for next week - the Fins may be put out of their misery early in this one.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There go the Dolphins stats on the screen - ranked 12th in scoring. Ranking 12th in scoring may not be elite but it is still respctable -- for those that are trying to justify this change and saying that Fitzpatrick was not doing enough. He was doing more than enough for the team he has around him -- you want to try to justify this move, go ahead -- that one isn't it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight throw almost picked if not for affort by TE