• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs Los Angeles Chargers Week 8 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 is now the new bye week for the Fins. So, I will be leaving this thread up here for Week 8 in time for the game against the LA Chargers.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams not Chargers. For someone that “roots for the team, not individual players” I expect better.

How are you gonna root for the Dolphins when Tua is eventually the starter given your absolute hatred towards the young man that you have yet to justify?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, this happened much sooner than I expected. Tua named the starter by the Dolphins. I didn’t think he would get a chance to start until Fitzy played really poorly or they were officially out of playoff contention. Coaches know more than I for sure.

here we go boys! Tua time! 1 game out of 1st in the division. Let’s make a run!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was following the Chargers game at the time I was writing this thread so that was the reason for my error. It is obviously the Rams.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different note, it seems like even though the Dolphins have now reached the point of being a game out of the divison - they've decided they are going to start to tank -- for a chance at Trevor.

No official word yet - just a rumor, of which the team can't be happy that it leaked out. Presumably, the only players that know about the change are the two QBs.

Huge mistake by the Dolphins to make a move at this point - there is no injury and Fitz is improving. The only good thing about this move is, when Tua's legs and ankles do what they do and he shows his true self, the Dolphins will at least have Fitz to fall back. Hopefully, when the Dolphins have to turn back to Fizpatrick the season won't have gotten too far away from the team yet and he can still get them back on track.

And, again, no -- I don't hate Tua -- we just have differing views on the guy -- that's normal. When people disagree on something it doesn't mean they hate the other person or their views -- it is a simple difference of opinion.

The Dolphins defense is really going to have to step it up big time the rest of the season. They will have to carry the load for this team the rest of the way.

This move now puts the fate of Brian Flores job in the hands of Tua. The clock on Flores time with the Dolphins could officially just now be starting. He made this unnecessary decision at this time. It will have to produce IMMEDIATE results.

Tua better throw for 300+Yards per game, 3+TDs and win consistently, and stay healthy starting in week 8. Now that he has been GIVEN the job --he needs to produce at a high level every week. He is obviously behind the other rookie QBs that actually earned their way sooner.

It is a good thing the Dolphins loaded up on those draft picks in recent trade -- they may need much more of that now.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to watching Tua!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo,

The Fins are starting an absolute talent at QB. He is a clutch player. Relax and enjoy the season. He will give the team a chance to win every game.

He won't have to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs a game to be successful. Herbert has 9 TDs and 3 INTs in 4 games. Is he a failure? Burrow has 6 TDs and 4 INTs in 5 games. Is he a failure? Tua will probably perform better than these guys but it's more about winning than stuffing a stat sheet.

No disrespect but I trust the Fins personnel guys and coaches more than your premature judgment.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo,

The Fins are starting an absolute talent at QB. He is a clutch player. Relax and enjoy the season. He will give the team a chance to win every game.

He won't have to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs a game to be successful. Herbert has 9 TDs and 3 INTs in 4 games. Is he a failure? Burrow has 6 TDs and 4 INTs in 5 games. Is he a failure? Tua will probably perform better than these guys but it's more about winning than stuffing a stat sheet.

No disrespect but I trust the Fins personnel guys and coaches more than your premature judgment.
Agreed we all have our opinions but I've constantly heard that every rookie QB is garbage for one reason or another. Tua has a history of injuries but he also seems to come back from the which is a good sign. HOpefully he has learned that he can't take those risks needs to slide or go out of bounds or throw the ball away....

Fitz may have taken them to the wildcard and then one and done. He's a backup a very good backup but he's not winning bowls now. He's not beating KC or Balt but there's an outside chance that Tua can maybe not this year but next when Fitz may retire. To be honest Fitz has been good but also bad. His arm looked tired in the 2nd half of the jets game. They have a bye so perfect time to work Tua in and see what you have.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins are not tanking for Trevor. That is a very inaccurate statement, Jets pretty much are in control of getting him, but others are in play too. I'm looking forward to Tua playing, surprised they are going that way with the way Fitz is playing, guess with bye week they figured it was time.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo,

Tua was the 5th pick? Now, he has to play like it and produce like it IMMEDIATELY now that he has been GIVEN the job rather than earning it. He has to live up to the hype immediately or he is a complete and total bust. Similar expectations have been had by previous QBs/players here of higher or even similar draft status -- so he shouldn't be treated any differently. Expectations should be high -- and he should be able to produce immediately or is a bust. It is really that simple.

The Dolphins invested a lot to get him so anything less than immediate results is unacceptable.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Superbowl or bust now

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different note, it seems like even though the Dolphins have now reached the point of being a game out of the divison - they've decided they are going to start to tank -- for a chance at Trevor.

No official word yet - just a rumor, of which the team can't be happy that it leaked out. Presumably, the only players that know about the change are the two QBs.

Huge mistake by the Dolphins to make a move at this point - there is no injury and Fitz is improving. The only good thing about this move is, when Tua's legs and ankles do what they do and he shows his true self, the Dolphins will at least have Fitz to fall back. Hopefully, when the Dolphins have to turn back to Fizpatrick the season won't have gotten too far away from the team yet and he can still get them back on track.

And, again, no -- I don't hate Tua -- we just have differing views on the guy -- that's normal. When people disagree on something it doesn't mean they hate the other person or their views -- it is a simple difference of opinion.

The Dolphins defense is really going to have to step it up big time the rest of the season. They will have to carry the load for this team the rest of the way.

This move now puts the fate of Brian Flores job in the hands of Tua. The clock on Flores time with the Dolphins could officially just now be starting. He made this unnecessary decision at this time. It will have to produce IMMEDIATE results.

Tua better throw for 300+Yards per game, 3+TDs and win consistently, and stay healthy starting in week 8. Now that he has been GIVEN the job --he needs to produce at a high level every week. He is obviously behind the other rookie QBs that actually earned their way sooner.

It is a good thing the Dolphins loaded up on those draft picks in recent trade -- they may need much more of that now.

You might not be a hater, but you're certainly a leading candidate for being Dr Bad Vibes.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Superbowl or bust now
So you are saying that if the Fins don't win the super bowl this year Tua is a bust? What if they wont next year and after is he still a bust? Just trying to understand your logic as not every top ten pick wins the bowl in their first year as its a team game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying that if the Fins don't win the super bowl this year Tua is a bust? What if they wont next year and after is he still a bust? Just trying to understand your logic as not every top ten pick wins the bowl in their first year as its a team game.
It's obvious that there is no convincing him to be objective about Tua.

I am glad I am not so negative about the team's franchise QB. Most fans are optimistic about what the future holds for Tua and the team.

RE the Fins vs Rams: I think the Fins coaches will have a good game plan. The players are improving individually and as a team. One of the most productive guys on defense has been Ogbah. He's got 5 sacks already this year. Having a talented secondary helps all of the pass rushers. The Fins are 4th in the most important defensive stat of all. points per game. 18.8 pts a game.

On offense is much better this year than last year but has been middle of the pack 26.7 so far. They will keep getting better which bodes well for the future.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua was the 5th pick? Now, he has to play like it and produce like it IMMEDIATELY now that he has been GIVEN the job rather than earning it. He has to live up to the hype immediately or he is a complete and total bust. Similar expectations have been had by previous QBs/players here of higher or even similar draft status -- so he shouldn't be treated any differently. Expectations should be high -- and he should be able to produce immediately or is a bust. It is really that simple.

The Dolphins invested a lot to get him so anything less than immediate results is unacceptable.
How do you know he was “given” the job and didn’t earn it? I was unaware that you had access to practices that even the beat writers don’t get to watch.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am saying he has to win rings consistently or he is a bust. He was hyped by everyone about being a franchise QB - a franchise-changing player - so he must be able to do that immediately or be a bust. I am just going by the hype that everyone else has been trying to sell about this kid.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from Fitzpatrick about being benched for no reason " I felt like it was my time and that's why my heart was so heavy yesterday. My hurt just hurt all day. It was heartbreaking for me. I basically got fired yesterday and my day today consisted of zoom meetings with the guy who fired me and sitting in a room with the guy who replaced me for four hours."

Fitzpatrick handling the situation like the pro that he is. But is obviously shocked and hurt by the fact that he is being replaced by a lesser guy for no justifiable reason. There was no reason for the move, and he was obviously caught off guard and hurt by it.

The Dolphins could've handled making such a horrible decision a lot better. Fitzpatrick is at the tail-end of his career. This is the type of move that, even with a guy like him, it could force him into deciding to walk away from the team, if not the game. Then what is the team going to do?

He will continue to handle himself and the situation with the same class he has from the beginning, but this could cause some friction between him and the team that trickles down. We have heard from guys who are understanding and happy with the move - but there are also guys, like him, who don't understand the move and aren't happy about it. As usual, guys are saying all the right things -- but we will see soon enough how some of these guys really feel about the move.

And here is what I think and have always thought about Tua -- for those who think me being rightfully critical of him is "hate". There is no doubt that he is a good kid -- although a bit of a diva already considering how he handled himself at times with regards to media attention. And, it is important to have good people on the team -- but that won't matter if the guy isn't good enough at what his job is -- and that is to play football.

I have no doubt he will be an asset for the team in the locker room and in the community -- on the field? It won't be long before people realize how much of a liability and detriment he will be for the organization now and in the future.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t wait to watch Tua perform well and the spin that is put on it to downplay it by certain people. Every talent evaluator and respected media member have done nothing but gush about Tua’s skills (footwork, accuracy, arm strength), leadership and clutch performance. Yet some people still think they are smarter than the room. Unreal.

Anyone got a good crow recipe?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and from what I can tell, the only criticism you have for Tua or his game is you think he is a Diva. Got it...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flores confirmed yesterday that this is a tank job by the Dolphins. He said the move to Tua is permanent unless there is injury. So, no matter how bad he performs -- nothing is going to make him go back to Fitzpatrick unless there is injury. The tank job is on.