• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs Los Angeles Chargers(for real this time) Regular Season Week 10 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said at the end of the last game thread -- hopefully the Dolphins aren't too banged up coming into this game - and can work on their running game some in order to help their franchise game-manager.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game manager huh? Tua made some pretty great plays to be called such. Keep doubting him...

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game manager huh? Tua made some pretty great plays to be called such. Keep doubting him...
I agree, Tua played a very good game. AZ is one of the best teams in the NFC. When was last time Dolphins beat a team a division leading team on the road??

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua played his second game as a rookie and showed elite accuracy and composure. There is really not a lot to debate about his performance.

RB S Ahmed played well. I am thinking that he will get more opportunities against the Chargers.

WR Williams should probably sit out and give his foot at least one more week to heal. He's so important to the offense because teams will put their best CB on Parker. Hollins and Grant could get more opportunities. We could see some chances for Merritt or Callaway. Both of those guys have breakaway speed.

Teams are going to keep running their QBs until the Fins find a way to defend that. Herbert has some athleticism also. The Fins will need to be ready.

Last week CB Jones made one of the plays of the game with the hit on Murray before he reached the first down. The Fins have to make these QBs want to slide. Tua needs to be sliding also when he runs. He looked great when he needed to pick up first downs with his feet yet he is too valuable to the team to not protect himself by sliding.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have confidence in the Fins pass defense with Howard and Jones covering, even against talented players like Allen and Williams. Rowe has been excellent at covering TEs. Henry is also very talented but Rowe has consistently covered well. I think with the pressure that the Fins have been able to generate there could be some opportunities for INTs in this game. As always the Fins DLine and LBs will need to stop the run to put them in obvious passing situations. The Chargers have a good offense but the Fins are capable of keeping the win streak going. Go Fins!

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have confidence in the Fins pass defense with Howard and Jones covering, even against talented players like Allen and Williams. Rowe has been excellent at covering TEs. Henry is also very talented but Rowe has consistently covered well. I think with the pressure that the Fins have been able to generate there could be some opportunities for INTs in this game. As always the Fins DLine and LBs will need to stop the run to put them in obvious passing situations. The Chargers have a good offense but the Fins are capable of keeping the win streak going. Go Fins!

I'll say I'm looking forward to the future. this group they have on the D side is playing well together and looks like they are having fun. Are most of the keys guys under contract for a few more years?? With all the high draft picks they have next year, they should be building something good. The area I think they need to address is RB, either through FA or draft next year. I really don't understand is why Howard is struggling so much, He just turned 26 and was a very good back with the Bears 2-3 years ago, seemed to decline quickly??

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the future is now. Tua plays like a veteran as crazy as that sounds. He changed Bama football with his ability to pass and he is changing the Fins. The team will score more and turn the ball over less with him. He finds the open guy and gets the ball there with accuracy. I really like his mobility and decision making.

I agree the Fins need to draft a RB. That said, Greer doesn't usually draft backs high. He has found good backs later. It would have to be a clear game changer to be picked early. Is Etienne that guy? He may be. How would he do running behind the Fins oline? There are some maulers on the team. Gaskin has 3.9 yards a carry which isn't bad. Ahmed played well in his first game. It's a limited sample but 5.4 yrds a carry. Can you get a comparable RB later in the draft is what the personnel guys have to figure out. If you're sure a top back is clearly better than picking early makes sense.

I also am very surprised about Howard. He is a good goal line RB but that's all that he has shown for the Fins.

The Fins could use another WR unless Merritt or Callaway develop into a starter. I like Parker and Williams a lot but what happens when one of them is injured? I would consider Chase from LSU with the first Houston pick.

The Fins may need to draft a LB or Safety that has the speed to run down fast QBs. The Fins have a top defense yet that's been a problem. That said, the Fins defense has been very good overall. Investing in the secondary was a wise move because it allows the defense to put more pressure on QBs Ogbah should be in the Pro bowl discussion. It's a team game but he is creating game changing plays.

Last edited:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like Gaskin and what he has done, think I need to see more though to know if he can be the back. Certainly need to see more of Ahmend. The draft is really thin on RB's, big drop off after Etienne. There is a big chunk of RB's in the 2021 FA though. I really don't like the FA route, seems it is a 50/50 shot at best in a lot of cases in a skilled position player.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Fins WRs keep playing well and step up when needed when either Williams or Parker are out then that could enable the Fins to pick a RB early. Gaskin is already having injury issues. He probably should be sharing carries in the long term with a top RB getting the bulk of the carries.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkins and Van Noy have been placed on the COVID 19 list. I hope it's just precautionary and early enough in the week that those guys are able to play on Sunday.

Last edited:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in seeing how they use Calloway. From what I recall when he played at Cleveland, dude had tons of raw talent, great speed. Hope he can keep head on straight and stay clean. If he can do that then they have a great pick up there.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in seeing how they use Calloway. From what I recall when he played at Cleveland, dude had tons of raw talent, great speed. Hope he can keep head on straight and stay clean. If he can do that then they have a great pick up there.

Callaway made an impact at Florida & Cleveland. He definitely has talent. I am glad the Fins took a chance on him. Grier & the other personnel guys deserve credit for building good depth on the roster.

RE his off the field issues: Getting cut from Cleveland was a wake up call for him I'm sure.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Noy will play. That's good news for the Fins. He's an impactful and versatile player.

Wilkins is out. Godchaux isn't playing either. He's already on IR. This game will test the team's depth on the Dline.

I rewatched the 4th quarter of the Fins game vs. Cardinals. I saw Sieler with a huge stop on a running play on 4th down. Davis was making plays also. The DTs will need to play well with Wilkins out. Benito Jones is active. Jones has potential to stop the run. He was a solid player in college. I am thinking Davis gets a lot of snaps but it will take a team effort against a good offense.

Last edited:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive line a little banged up -- running game a little banged up -- Two of our most important positions that have carried this team this season -- especially since making the switch to our franchise game-manager. It will have to be next-man up mentality and see who steps up in the absence of these guys.

The virus has bitten the Dolphins recently -- thankfully it has not spread to the point of shutting down facility and schedule changing. Hopefully, they can keep the spread in check.

As for Callaway, there is obvious potential, but there is obvious off-field issues as well. I called his addition to the team early on, as most did, high-risk/reward, and it is still that. He has to show his worth -- lets just not hold our breath he holds up off the field until he proves otherwise.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins win toss -- differ

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good first defensive stance by the Dolphins defense.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowden Jr, Breida, Cox, Howard, Pankey inactive.

Van Ginkel with another big play -- this time on special teams. Two important units exdcuting already

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmed with his first NFL TD

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2