• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs Cincinnati Bengals Week 16 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully - finally - the Dolphins will decide to turn to the future and give Rosen a real chance and move on from the washed up Fitzpatrick already

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Ryan Tannehill who continues to do it big in Tennessee after taking over for Marcus Mariota.

He now is caused the team to consider giving him a long-term contract as their starting QB for the next few years.

Meanwhile in miami, fans and front office alike trashed and gave up on him in exchange for a washed up arm that has gotten the Fins only 3 wins. A setback to the present and future of the organization.

Maybe the Dolphins should've kept Tannehill, as I said many times, as the veteran to groom a young QB. Give that young QB someone that will actually give him positives to learn from -- not a guy that makes careless mistakes on virtually every play.

Tannehill for Comeback Player of The Year and SB champion!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Ryan Tannehill who continues to do it big in Tennessee after taking over for Marcus Mariota.

He now is caused the team to consider giving him a long-term contract as their starting QB for the next few years.

Meanwhile in miami, fans and front office alike trashed and gave up on him in exchange for a washed up arm that has gotten the Fins only 3 wins. A setback to the present and future of the organization.

Maybe the Dolphins should've kept Tannehill, as I said many times, as the veteran to groom a young QB. Give that young QB someone that will actually give him positives to learn from -- not a guy that makes careless mistakes on virtually every play.

I think it had more to do with money as they've been clearing cap for a future run. Tanny was going to make double Fitz is. Either way I agree play Rosen unless they are concerned about ruining him behind the shoddy oline. I'm cheering for the Titans too!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it had more to do with money as they've been clearing cap for a future run. Tanny was going to make double Fitz is. Either way I agree play Rosen unless they are concerned about ruining him behind the shoddy oline. I'm cheering for the Titans too!

I have to disagree that money was the motive -- I think it was just ineptitude and sabotage at the hands of Gase pushing the decision.

Anyway, he is a quality player and person and deserves the success he is currently experiencing. He has EARNED every bit of it. It is always great to see players who earned their way to the PT they get have success as opposed to the guys that are just GIVEN the job.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, as expected, Flores shoots down any chance of Rosen starting the final two games of the season -- or, at least, this week. Going with the BS "He gives us the best chance to win" narrative to support Fitzpatrick. Not that a reminder is needed, but the Fins are currently 3-11 with Fitzpatrick as the starting for the majority of the season. He has a 15/12 TD-to-INT, most of those TDs are receivers bailing him out -- and those INT's , some have been great defensively plays, some have been mistakes from WRs -- but far too many of them have been due to him forcing the issue. I don't know how that makes him the guy that gives us " the best chance to win".

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just because tannehill seems to be doing well RIGHT NOW for the titans, doesn't necessarily mean the dolphins were wrong to cut ties with him. they gave him, what, 7 years to prove himself that he could carry them deep into the playoffs? he never did it. i can't fault the dolphins at all for their moving on from him. tannehill is working with a coaching staff he didn't have in miami, with players he didn't have in miami, etc etc..things are different.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, as expected, Flores shoots down any chance of Rosen starting the final two games of the season -- or, at least, this week. Going with the BS "He gives us the best chance to win" narrative to support Fitzpatrick. Not that a reminder is needed, but the Fins are currently 3-11 with Fitzpatrick as the starting for the majority of the season. He has a 15/12 TD-to-INT, most of those TDs are receivers bailing him out -- and those INT's , some have been great defensively plays, some have been mistakes from WRs -- but far too many of them have been due to him forcing the issue. I don't know how that makes him the guy that gives us " the best chance to win".
Rosen has a 1/5 TD/Int ratio

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In draft news, in a few sites where they have the Dolphins projected to get the 4th pick in the draft, Justin Herbert is now the common choice. He is being described as "possibly the most NFL-Ready QB in the draft"

If Burrow is not available, Herbert is certainly the next best option if the Fins want to go the QB route - there really isn't any other options worthy of a first-round pick beyond these two at the position.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Dolphins inactives: Charlton, Harris, Evan Boehm, Keaton Sutherland, Avery Moss, J’Marcus Webb, Chandler Cox.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s a relevant stat when you are trying to downplay Fitzpatrick’s play but not worth mentioning for Rosen?

Ah... there you go again misinterpreting what I say as if I am trashing someone simply because it doesn't align with what you think/say. I have never trashed Fitzpatrick. I have always said he is a quality player and person -- I simply don't buy into ALL the hype about him.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins manage their second opening drive TD of the season -- in week 16 of the season.

A pass to Christian Wilkins.

And, what we saw out of Fitzpatrick on this drive -- is probably something that would've been nice to see early and often in the season and maybe be in a better situation as a team at this point -- and that is -- Making the RIGHT and SMART decision on every play rather than trying to force the issue and be a hero on every play. It was a long, methodical , clock-eating drive, which the Dolphins need to try to do a lot more of today to take advantage of the Bengals defense with todays weather.

The Dolphins have started on the right track to avoid clinching the 1st pick in draft/worst record in the league.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Devante Parker, who has surprised 1,000 receiving on that catch. What a comeback for that young man and a step in the right direction on the road to redemption after a rocky start to his career due to injuries. He has earned this and that contract extension he got.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick may ask the Dolphins to petition to play the Bengals for all 16 games next season for him to return. He is having a field day like no other time this season today.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Bengals for clinching the 1st pick in the NFL draft in 2020.

The Dolphins will assure themselves of not having the worst record in the league and avoiding the 1st pick. A nice bounce back to the season after a horrific start.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Sieler having himself a game today. One of those unknown names for the Dolphins that is emerging who will give them something to think about in this rebuild.

Van Ginkel with a nice fumble recovery.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With their loss and elimination from playoff contention today, the Browns clinch the worst record this decade at 42-115-1. Just more perspective that it is not all as bad as some want to make it out to be for the Dolphins - and that they aren't as far behind as some want you to think.

A few tweaks with what they already have to work with and they will be fine.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it turns out, we are going to over-time. Bad defense -- and bad clock management on offense and lack of balance(no commitment to the run with a lead) and you find yourself in this situation.